Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I would allow any 4th Mass or 10th Reg, provided it can be distinguished from the others. In fact, just yesterday I put that in my House Rules.

from one TD.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes. It's the sculpt that matters, not the paint job. However, it should be easy to tell who it is (especially if you're also playing 4th).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Thanks
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:25 AM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Please define the term "bot" Because I think I see one...
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
A program, or user, which joins a forum with the sole intent of linking to scam sites/products. They often have bad grammar/spelling, an odd/no location, and no personal information. Their usernames are generic (John Smith) or nonsensical. To see a bot's profile, click on a user's name. Change the URL # (at the end) to any number >10,000. Most are bots.

How to identify:
From a different thread:
(My post)
(Thread: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28117)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen_Hydra View Post
Slight necro for the info I've gathered of what's best to do in a bot attack...

First: If the thread is at least 1-2 hours old and it's daytime, you most likely don't even have to click on it. It's most likely been reported.

Second: If it's newer, you should probably go to it. Report the post. () If you want, and are a site supporter, I suggest docking it... it makes it easier to recognize as a bot and shows that it has already been reported.

Third: Do not post in the thread. It only bumps the thread and gives it more attention, therefore giving the spammers what they want. The only case in which you should post in it is if it is barely recognizable as a bot and you think it is one... then you should post there notifying people of what it is.

Fourth: If you come to a spam post and the bot has - rep or has some posts (in the thread) or is pretty old (1-3 hours), you don't need to report it. As said in the first point, it's probably already been reported. Also, I clearly remember reading someone say that the report button creates a new thread in the admin private forum, so they really don't need 500 threads reporting the same post.

Fifth: If you're younger, you may not want to click on it at all. There is nothing stopping the bots from posting inappropriate images/text, in fact, that's the point of some of them.

So that's what I've gathered/hypothesized to be the best way to deal with bots... suggestions to add on are welcome.

(I again apologize for the necro, but there has been some recent higher bot activity, so I thought that this would be useful.)

EDIT: Another sign of bots: If they're using this font.

Bots also post very vague questions, to try and get replies... they also go in some forum categories that only kinda fit. (Ex. a question in the "Official Rules and FAQ" forum, although not about 'Scape.)

Bots also have a few other signs...
Spoiler Alert!

And just to repeat this, if there is a bot, and it is recognizable as one, do not post in the thread.

And another edit addition: If they are posting in in this (non-existant, according to Google Translate) language: ìóëüòôèëüìû ôèëüìû íîâèíêè (or something like that)
(Google translate give me: "ioeuooeeuiu oeeuiu iiaeiee" for that.)
Old September 24th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Orefefealftuh is a bot. It's been reported. About Bots has some discussion and explanation about bots, hence the name.

Edit: ninja'd, but with good info. Generally, if I see a bot, I'll report it then give it neg rep but not post in the thread.

Edit 2: the good thing is that when an Admin has a chance, they'll zap all the posts and it will be like the bot never existed.

Edit 3: Mwahahahahaha! The end has begun! Orefefealftuh has been banned and his little dog Eforence-something-or-other, too!

Edit 4: Hmmm....there was a bot?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; September 24th, 2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old September 24th, 2011, 01:41 AM

Thanks. Orefefewhatever was the bot in question. I apologize for posting in that thread, and to make up for it, I accordingly tossed neg rep it's way.
Old September 24th, 2011, 09:56 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Can anyone give me the link to the completed list of "The Books"?

Never mind found it myself, lol.
Old September 24th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Can anyone give me the link to the completed list of "The Books"?

Never mind found it myself, lol.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=8099

It's stickied in the Official Units section.
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM

heavyfishcannon Woo who?

Just wondering, but why does everyone hate Valkrill? I feel heroscape never had any real "Elder evil" type general (unless Vydar is hiding something)

Also, if I could have a synopsis on Aquilla, I'd appreciate it, as she seems to just be genderswapped Ullar, with dwarves.

PS: Please have mercy if my idiocy is poorl founded
Old September 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyfishcannon View Post
Just wondering, but why does everyone hate Valkrill? I feel heroscape never had any real "Elder evil" type general (unless Vydar is hiding something)

Also, if I could have a synopsis on Aquilla, I'd appreciate it, as she seems to just be genderswapped Ullar, with dwarves.

PS: Please have mercy if my idiocy is poorl founded
Utgar isn't evil? Vampires, zombies, Minions & Taelord, werewolves..

Aquilla is tribal/wild
Old September 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyfishcannon View Post
I think a lot of the hate came from two main things:

1. People felt that Utgar encompassed all the evil needed. They thought that adding another general would mess up special powers, and would just in general be redundant.

2. Unrational hate caused by the general being created by WotC, and being completely made up of D&D scape.

This thread might help: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33309

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's