Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 27th, 2011, 02:20 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!
The CEE's Maps- Grey Curtain- New 6/11

This is where I will be posting maps that I have designed. These are all maps that my friends and I have enjoyed playing on and deem worthy enough to share with the public. I would appreciate any feedback at all, regardless of whether it is positive or negative. I hope my maps provide you all with challenging and fun experiences in the future.

(Clicking on a picture will provide you with a significantly larger image)

Map: Grey Curtain
Date Uploaded: 6/11/12
Requires: BftU x2 and RttFF x1

Map: Redvale Crossing
Date Uploaded: 8/27/11
Requires: RotV x1 and RttFF x1

Map: Highland Bogs
Date Uploaded: 8/27/11
Requires: SotM x1 and BftU x1

Last edited by The CEE; August 24th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old August 27th, 2011, 02:49 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: The CEE's Maps- New 8/27

Both of those look great! In fact, I may just use them at Northeast National Heroscape Day (which by the way you should come to).

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They're good. 3 suggestions for later maps-

1. Your maps seem to be very flat, except for a few points where there is a lot more height than needed. Maybe some more lv. 2 and 3, and less above that?

2. Aesthetics. Your "Revdale Crossing" looks great, but "Highland Bogs" has sand, rock, dungeon, swamp, shadow, swamp water, water, and rock outcroppings all hodgepodged. Maybe you can use some of the buried swamp tiles and replace them with the sand? The swamp water next to the sand looks terrible, IMO.

3. Both maps are pretty big. It helps ranged figures to destroy slow 4-5 move melee figures. I would make your maps just over 12-13 hexes, between starting zones which is enough to keep Z-bombs away, and under 16.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
The swamp water next to the sand looks terrible, IMO.
Sand is the other half of SotM.

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

How are the walls connected? They appear to be hovering. Or are they connected in the middle, and I'm just missing it.
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
How are the walls connected? They appear to be hovering. Or are they connected in the middle, and I'm just missing it.
I think he just put them a level high in VS. If not, technically they're illegaly placed.

Old August 27th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
They're good. 3 suggestions for later maps-

1. Your maps seem to be very flat, except for a few points where there is a lot more height than needed. Maybe some more lv. 2 and 3, and less above that?
Meh, I guess...
Quote:
2. Aesthetics. Your "Revdale Crossing" looks great, but "Highland Bogs" has sand, rock, dungeon, swamp, shadow, swamp water, water, and rock outcroppings all hodgepodged. Maybe you can use some of the buried swamp tiles and replace them with the sand? The swamp water next to the sand looks terrible, IMO.
Huge disagreement here. It looks great IMO.

Quote:
3. Both maps are pretty big. It helps ranged figures to destroy slow 4-5 move melee figures. I would make your maps just over 12-13 hexes, between starting zones which is enough to keep Z-bombs away, and under 16.
He's got a point... *cough RoV cough*

Quote:
That's a minor error, from what I can tell on VS he went up a level before adding the walls, but you add them on the same level as the tiles that they're connected to.
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:41 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Both of those look great! In fact, I may just use them at Northeast National Heroscape Day (which by the way you should come to).
I am not sure if the maps are balanced enough to be using them in a competitive event, but if you really want to I would be flattered. Unfortunately the chances I have of coming to your event are slim. You see, I live a little outside the New England area so it would be a fairly long trek to get there. The Beast of the East Tournament we both attended was a rare occurrence for me.
Quote:
I agree. The few points where I built up the height was my attempt at utilizing all of the terrain in the given sets. I will try to switch it up next time.
Quote:
While this doesn't bother me personally, I can see why others would find it unattractive. Although, I do think this is a map that just looks better in person.
Quote:
This is a very good and valid point. I will be sure to take this into account while designing future maps.
Quote:
Fixed, thank you for that catch. I just accidentally placed the walls one level too high.
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
While this doesn't bother me personally, I can see why others would find it unattractive. Although, I do think this is a map that just looks better in person.
Then excuse me while I go build it If I have time, I'll write up a battle report and any concerns other than the ones I already have.
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I am not sure if the maps are balanced enough to be using them in a competitive event, but if you really want to I would be flattered. Unfortunately the chances I have of coming to your event are slim. You see, I live a little outside the New England area so it would be a fairly long trek to get there. The Beast of the East Tournament we both attended was a rare occurrence for me.
Well, slim chance is way better than no chance. Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

The maps very well could be used in the small portion of the event that is competitive. They may not be though.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Then excuse me while I go build it If I have time, I'll write up a battle report and any concerns other than the ones I already have.
All maps look better in person IMO. Whenever I see a map and say "Hey! That's cool!", when I go and actually build it, it looks different, but good different.

Old August 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Promising Cartographer

Yeah. Some of mine seem kind of lackluster in V-scape, (Like Tainted Padadise- the swamp/grass thing is completely ruined in V-Scape) and some I can't get a good picture that shows the entire map well.
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Built Highland Bogs just now (really like the design, of course I'm no BoV expert either) , can't wait to play it tomorrow with my brother and on Thursday with my grandpa. I'll definitely give an insight on it.

Last edited by Sheep; November 15th, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios