Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 29th, 2020, 04:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Magik - VOTE for Public Playtesting

Yea
Old May 29th, 2020, 04:36 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I suggested Student here - I have some plans for Mutant Student stuff down the line (not specific to New Mutants, but more general "young next generation of mutant" stuff) and this felt like an early version of the character to me, so I thought it'd be cool to see her slot in there.

Also if we ever got a Magik card more focused on the modern era, going Student here would tee us up to be able to class them differently, since the later-in-her-career version could be a full-on Sorceress.

Not a make-or-break thing for me, though, by any means.
At first I was making a general Magik character. After some suggestions and changes to powers I thought it would be great to have a young version "student" and eventually make a more powerful version "sorceress". I would like to see the next set of mutants like Cannonball, Rictor, Sunspot, and maybe even a Wolfsbane(II) as students with some synergy.
Old May 29th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got enough votes!! This passes.
Old May 29th, 2020, 04:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think johnny has write-ups for Cannonball and Sunspot that are Students, so we could get there eventually.
Old May 29th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I think johnny has write-ups for Cannonball and Sunspot that are Students, so we could get there eventually.
Oh Snap!! Yes
Old May 29th, 2020, 08:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Magik - Public Playtesting

I have a Mercury right up that I want to get to eventually in my public thread too.
Old May 29th, 2020, 09:38 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah I tried to brainstorm ways to tie the figures we already have together, but they're mechanically pretty disparate so it didn't quite work. I think Magik, Sunspot, and Cannonball all being Students is a good way to start a mini-faction for the New Mutants under that umbrella, since Wolfsbane and Mirage are both pretty explicitly later versions of those characters anyways.
Old May 29th, 2020, 11:05 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah I tried to brainstorm ways to tie the figures we already have together, but they're mechanically pretty disparate so it didn't quite work. I think Magik, Sunspot, and Cannonball all being Students is a good way to start a mini-faction for the New Mutants under that umbrella, since Wolfsbane and Mirage are both pretty explicitly later versions of those characters anyways.
Definitely wouldn't mind another Wolfsbane.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:47 AM
Now moves with Flying.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: UNIT NAME

VERSION TESTED
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Magic, Hand Mystics, Noob, Shadow Wraith, 3xHand (800) vs Wrecking Crew
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Magik, Magneto II, Mystique II, Pyro, Destiny, 2xTemporal Inversion, Waking Nightmare, Mesmerize, 5xLightning Bolt (1,000) vs Cosmic Boy, Karate Kid, Superboy (Kal-El), Lightning Lad (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Magik, Prof. X, Jean, Cyclops I, Banshee, Angel (1,000) vs Pinhead, Jason, Chucky, 9xN'garai (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Karat's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: She seems fine but overcosted by 20-30 points. She does ok for what she does but doesn't do much that is extravagant or over the top. Her attack is decent in most cases with Soul Sword being extremely situation and not even that over the top when it does come into play. She has decent mobility and staying power and in most cases that is about it so I'd probably drop her to 130-140 and try her at that cost. Spells are helpful but not too greatly so just provide her with slightly more options. Might be better with Wong, and some spells as clean up.

IamBatman's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: She really wasn't a big part of any of the tests other than being a back up attacker. Her Disc power is really just movement that you're risking not being able to take, so neither of us bothered other than once or twice.
Magical Defense is useful, but does little on your turn unless you have spells.
Cheap spellcasters are always nice, though. And her other power is counterdraft specific.

I figure you'll mostly want to use her as a counterdraft in Mutant armies, but there are a lot of better options at 160 or even 150, so I'd go down to 140 and assume people are mostly going to take her when there are Demons/Undead/Magical Defense on the other side.

My one worry is that she's just not that exciting of unit to activate. A straight beater with access to spells isn't bad, though, and Mutants usually have so much in-turn consistency as a faction that I don't mind a simpler addition now and again.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 2nd, 2020 at 02:40 AM.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Doesn't Wong only work with humans?

Looks like her teams went 2-1, not sure I'm seeing a 30 point drop after that. If her power set is feeling a little underwhelming, I'd rather see her buffed up somehow then continue dropping her points. 130-140 is starting to seem unthematic for her IMO.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 02:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I mean Magik had no targets for autoskulls in either of the first two games and then won the game where she did.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 02:41 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I mean Magik had no targets for autoskulls in either of the first two games and then won the game where she did.
Which she had minimal affect on. That was mostly due to Cyclops and Banshee.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library