Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:47 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Strategy Review: Index (includes Marvel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Alright... Bond with your dragon. Run head-long into the enemy and kill stuff. Oh yeah, and roll skulls. I really don't see how hard it is to play the greenscales.
Which Dragon do you take as your Lizard King? What are the pros and cons of each?

Are all Dragons better with Greenscales?

How many squads of Greenscales should you use? Does that vary depending on your King?

How quickly do you advance your army? Do you slow roll or charge in? Does that vary based on your King?

How do you force the enemy to engage you where you want them to when [most] dragons have such short range?

What other units should you play with them?

What armies/units should you be drafting Greenscales/Dragons against? What armies/units are tough for them to beat? Does that vary with your King?

Those are the types of questions I'd be looking for a Greenscale strategy guide to answer, and most of them have more than one right answer.
Wow I think you proved a point!

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
At Tickle- Who?
The Unit Strategy Review group.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:17 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

If only I was wise enough to write a review that's actually helpful...

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:00 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
At Tickle- Who?
The Unit Strategy Review group.
Ah... That's what I thought. I guess the Greenscales just came naturally to me... Unlike say, the elemantals.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:01 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I would love to see a Strategy Guide for Kurrok that included all the Elementals!
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Funny the Elementals seem like they would be pretty strait forward (however seeing KC's run of questions on the Greenscales, I will retract my comment). However it is true that you could point out different strategies even with older units.

Take the Krav for example. Rÿchean's blog entry Kill the Krav brings up some very interesting points about them, even if we have all used them multiple times.

I dream of a world where every unit has been reviewed, that we have squeezed the most potential out of all races and beings that choose to fight, where the merit of a unit is not base on the colour of there sculpt but the quality of their stats. (yeah I got a bit carried away there)

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

Elementals are actually a challenging army to run. Have you ever run them?
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
@ KC- I'll shut-up now
Not tryin' to call you out, man. Just trying to say that every unit has its subtleties and it's little creative tricks, and those are the types of things that we really strive to bring to light. I agree that the Greenscales aren't the toughest unit to use competitively, but that doesn't mean there aren't strategy elements to them that you can use to get the most out of them.

I could run a list of questions like that for any unit, really. A player that has mastered a certain unit will be able to answer them all, and then some.

I agree that I'd love to see a USR on the Elementals, or mainly on Kurrok. I think its a VERY tough army to get the most out of, especially if you're trying to anything other than the Firestorm. I don't have near enough experience running them to do a review, though. Besides, I'm currently working on one of the D3 squads....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I would say that Firestorm is not your best bet. Use Water Elementals for the range, and Earth and Fire Elementals for the muscle. Air Elementals are used to take down dragons, more so than to stop figures from moving. However, they are good at setting up enemy melee figures for a ranged attack from the Water Elemental or a Special Attack from an Earth Elemental that pops up between them.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

I found that that Air suck, and that I like Earth and Fire as my core.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I found that that Air suck, and that I like Earth and Fire as my core.
My limited experience has been the same, though there has been a game or two where I really wish I'd have setup an Air or two in front of Kurrok to stop an assault against him.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Tickle Pickle

Usually range took out my Kurrok, but I only played a couple of games with them so far and 1 was against Stingers + Hive at a 700 point level.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles