Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

View Poll Results: When did C3V jump the shark?
Omegacron 2 16.67%
Quahon 1 8.33%
Arctorus 1 8.33%
The Varkaanan 0 0%
Dyer 3 (any more C3V planets lurking around?) 0 0%
Other (I'll give you an earful in the comments, never has and never will, etc) 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 17th, 2024, 12:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: When did C3V jump the shark?

I'm not sure what it'd mean to distrub the canon other than to willfully contradict some existing element. The planet is purely additive, so nothing disruptive there. Obviously VC exists primarily *to* add to the canon. If they didn't, they couldn't, you know, actually produce anything.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2024, 01:18 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm not sure what it'd mean to distrub the canon other than to willfully contradict some existing element. The planet is purely additive, so nothing disruptive there. Obviously VC exists primarily *to* add to the canon. If they didn't, they couldn't, you know, actually produce anything.
Totally agree with your last point. I kind of remember probably about 10 years ago the whole question of canon and C3V was pretty well beat to death and the consensus seemed to err on the side of conservative additions. A new VC general was a no-go, new planets were maybe ok. No idea what it looked like behind closed doors, but at least on the public side of C3V that's what it looked like. Seems like that attitude has considerably changes. Maybe enough small steps have been taken that the line has ended up a good ways from where it started.

Big things coming I'm sure with the addition of AoA. That should give VC the thumbs up for unpainted minis, 2-ish new generals, several new planets and themes. Will this give VC the confidence to push the blanket further? A custom general? More out there themes? Etc. As I think about this I understand the logical responses - are these necessary to make new design spaces?/ With new products coming out one needs tread carefully so as not to create overlap and issues, as you pointed out above. I'm just speaking in a purely hypothetical sense, which perhaps is a bad idea.

Man, you guys type really fast.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old March 17th, 2024, 01:27 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If I didn't type fast, I wouldn't have the post count I do!

I would agree that for much of its time, VC has erred on the conservative side of things (not my personal aesthetic or how I operated during my time there, but definitely true for the overall project). I do think adding a planet was a big step for them on that front. That seems like a much more conservative addition than adding a general, though, since the generals are much more limited in the lore, whereas "all of time and space" is generally accepted as the pull for summoning.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2024, 01:28 PM

I will say that Renegade seemingly abandoning Valkrill offers VC a very safe playground to treat as all their own.

Old March 17th, 2024, 01:28 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I dont think VC makes the transition to new generals or unpainted.

Theyve been pretty resistant to unpainted for a long time in the bame of accessibility and keeping to the spirit of the original release. As for new generals, we've yet to receive word if they are accepting the new generals from AoA. SoVs feedback was no to both the generals and unpainted stuff.

They have yet to make any statements on a lot of the new stuff. Hoping they say something soon.
Old March 17th, 2024, 01:29 PM

Heh, if they don't accept unpainted or the new official generals, those would be the first instances of them rejecting official design decisions in the name of being more difficult on themselves.

Old March 17th, 2024, 02:55 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

The new Generals and unpainted are definitely not off the table. That said, I'm one person, and the C3V as a whole has not decided one way or the other as of yet.
Old March 18th, 2024, 06:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Will C3V drop the Flying text?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs