Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
Question Rules for 2 space figures

Hello, I started my collection this week, with two master sets and a tundra set, along with some wave 1/2 figures. However, I am wondering what the rules for 2 space figures are, and can't find them anywhere.

1. Does it cost a move for a two space figure to pivot? And is that legal?

2. Can I flip a 2 space figure to fit in a tight space, so that the front is facing backwards and vice-versa? Does that cost move?

3. Can a 2 space figure move completely sideways, as in both hexes move sideways one. And does that cost move?

This is all I can think of now, If you guys want to say any other clarifications, awesome. And yes, I know that they can't go on ladders.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rules for 2 space figures

1. You can face a figure any direction you want. It doesn't cost any movement to change facing.

2. Yes. You are only using movement when actually moving into new hexes.

3. You always move with one leading hex. So to shift a two-hex figure sideways a hex would take two movement.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:03 PM

bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker bobinchese knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam268 View Post
Hello, I started my collection this week, with two master sets and a tundra set, along with some wave 1/2 figures. However, I am wondering what the rules for 2 space figures are, and can't find them anywhere.

1. Does it cost a move for a two space figure to pivot? And is that legal?

2. Can I flip a 2 space figure to fit in a tight space, so that the front is facing backwards and vice-versa? Does that cost move?

3. Can a 2 space figure move completely sideways, as in both hexes move sideways one. And does that cost move?

This is all I can think of now, If you guys want to say any other clarifications, awesome. And yes, I know that they can't go on ladders.
1. It cost one move to pivot, and yes it is legal.

2. Yes and it costs no move.

3. Yes you can and it would cost two move (one for the back end one for the front end)

bobinchese is Otonashi...
in the Immortal Cave...
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:07 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought he meant flip the figure around when he said pivot. Since moving would of course cost movement.
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:01 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Also note that you can only flip the figure during the move phase of that figures turn, wheras you can turn a single spaced figure at any point on any of your turns. This usually only matters for units like braxas or nilfheim when doing multiple attacks you cannot flip the figure between attacks for different sighting. Also you only have to fit placed on the spaces, not between when moving. Look at the Official FAQ on the rules thread for more tips.

And welcome to the game and site!
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:17 AM

Ok, thanks guys, that clears things up. And after playing with my brother last night, I have another question that I can't find the answer to. Can you use a glyph the turn you move onto it? For instance:

My brother moves his 3 venocs. The first one moves onto the move glyph. Can the next to move plus 2 that turn? Or can you only activate glyphs the next turn.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam268 View Post
Ok, thanks guys, that clears things up. And after playing with my brother last night, I have another question that I can't find the answer to. Can you use a glyph the turn you move onto it? For instance:

My brother moves his 3 venocs. The first one moves onto the move glyph. Can the next to move plus 2 that turn? Or can you only activate glyphs the next turn.
Yes, the glyph's power would take immediate effect once one of your figures claims it. Your two remaining Venoc Vipers would now be able to move 9 spaces (or 11 spaces if you also have Mittens ).

Just an FYI, but if you have further questions this is the best place to ask them.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:12 AM

Ok, thanks.
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Also note that you can only flip the figure during the move phase of that figures turn, wheras you can turn a single spaced figure at any point on any of your turns. This usually only matters for units like braxas or nilfheim when doing multiple attacks you cannot flip the figure between attacks for different sighting. Also you only have to fit placed on the spaces, not between when moving. Look at the Official FAQ on the rules thread for more tips.

I was under the impression that it's illegal to even TOUCH figures at any point except the movement part of your turn. With los blockers and such even the slightest tap can make a figure retract from line of sight in certain situations. I would quote the book but I am out of town at the moment and my browsing capability is limited from my phone.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

I was under the impression that it's illegal to even TOUCH figures at any point except the movement part of your turn. With los blockers and such even the slightest tap can make a figure retract from line of sight in certain situations. I would quote the book but I am out of town at the moment and my browsing capability is limited from my phone.
While technically true, few if any players are that picky about that.
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:

THIS.

You cannot touch your figures on your opponent's turn except to remove the casualties. I believe (correct me here, Professionals) that you may adjust any of your figures on your turn to put them in better (hidden) positions, even if you did not activate them.

You may never, ever, ever touch an opponent's figures, either with your hands or with your figures. Some people are really crappy about this "Don't touch my dudes, man!" thing, but Heroscapers are a classy bunch by and large and that's the exception.

One thing to note - if a figure can't fit in a square due to terrain OR an enemy model's protrusions (read: Stinger Denial) then they may never be placed there. It's a cheap and weenie strategy to place models in such a way that their weapons or wings partially block an adjacent hex, and they use that to their advantage. Stingers are especially good for this. It's totally legal and totally weenie, but the rules are the rules, and if a gun blocks the hex, you simply can't use it. It makes Stingers VERY hard to engage with guys like Knights and Romans.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:

THIS.

You cannot touch your figures on your opponent's turn except to remove the casualties. I believe (correct me here, Professionals) that you may adjust any of your figures on your turn to put them in better (hidden) positions, even if you did not activate them.

You may never, ever, ever touch an opponent's figures, either with your hands or with your figures. Some people are really crappy about this "Don't touch my dudes, man!" thing, but Heroscapers are a classy bunch by and large and that's the exception.

One thing to note - if a figure can't fit in a square due to terrain OR an enemy model's protrusions (read: Stinger Denial) then they may never be placed there. It's a cheap and weenie strategy to place models in such a way that their weapons or wings partially block an adjacent hex, and they use that to their advantage. Stingers are especially good for this. It's totally legal and totally weenie, but the rules are the rules, and if a gun blocks the hex, you simply can't use it. It makes Stingers VERY hard to engage with guys like Knights and Romans.

You're exactly right, SuperFly. I wasn't very specific on my post.

But, like we said, most people are not that picky about.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion