Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 06:46 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

We have certain game convention here, as I'm sure you do too! For example, we use poker chips often to delineate the Start Zones. In this case, I used red for the two separate SZs of one side, and blue for the other ones, at game start. You can see some of the blue ones in Photo #2.

This left us the whlte ones. Since this scenario uses four non-functional glyphs to occupy for the primary Victory Condition, I just laid them down when building the map as such, so I didn't have to break out the regular glyphs. See Post #576 on Page 48 above for the scenario rules, above the short Q&A. (This rule is repeated in Post #587 on Page 50). The first post quoted also has some comments, such as the origin of my buildings from Japan.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

@mac122 , the objective of the scenario was that the first team to occupy all four glyphs at the end of a round won. They were supposed to be glyphs, but I honestly didn't even notice until just now that chas used poker chips instead.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:45 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
@mac122 , the objective of the scenario was that the first team to occupy all four glyphs at the end of a round won. They were supposed to be glyphs, but I honestly didn't even notice until just now that chas used poker chips instead.
Cool. Thought it might be something like that.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 24th, 2017, 06:38 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

The Lannisters.
The North/Targaryen combined Hero superiority is tough for the Lannisters to overcome, in spite of the North having to confront the Undead Horde alone initially. If I were the Lannisters, I'd begin setting up my betrayal ambush from Round 1, under the assumption that the North, with help from the Targaryen Dragons, will not need your help to prevent the Undead from obtaining a Glyph win. I had the Lannisters begin by sending the Tagawa Samurai against the Horde. Once they had their three Experience markers, they could have started attacking Northern Heroes. The Lannisters' Knights wasted valuable time detouring to neutralize the Tagawa Samurai Archers on the left flank, rather than going directly after the other factions' Heroes.

I forgot: I did send the Ebon Armor to harrass the Undead early, helping the Alliance cause initially.

Old September 24th, 2017, 10:22 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As the Allianace armies in the first play test, I hadn't remembered to role play Lannister until Turn 4 or so, and then did so with a vengeance. So this time I waited the first few turns before saying anything to K. about remembering to Betray until that same Turn 4. He had already started to think about it, and so more or less followed my timing in 'Lannisterizing' the game. I'm glad I didn't put too much pressure on to do that earlier, since it would obviously benefit me as The Undead.

In this second game I still had a chance to go for the Glyph, and then, having failed after taking but not holding it an entire round with the Undead King, take part in the attack on the heroes. But many of my units were too far away to go after those Alliance heroes where were not out in front of the castle! I had conceded about half the ice field in order to keep enough units to support the final drive on the glyph. But this limited my travelling into the castle at the end.

It will be interesting to see how early the Lannisters betray the Alliance in the actual game coming up next month; part of it no doubt will depend on who plays which faction. I hope they read the above before the game!

Last edited by chas; September 25th, 2017 at 06:21 AM.
Old September 25th, 2017, 11:58 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I just wanted to make clear that the Lannisters must be prepared to help if the Undead threaten to achieve a Glyph win, even as they are under intense pressure to kill the other Alliance factions' Heroes. Their situation is so dire, given the outcomes of the two play tests, that I'm wondering whether I should have given them more Heroes, or the other Alliance factions fewer. [If you've been watching the series on TV, you know that the Lannisters' situation is similar to that in our game.]

I have yet to determine which members of the Gang will be playing which factions. I asked for preferences, but only chas has replied thus far (choosing the Targaryens). I told them I was planning on playing the Undead myself, but was open to allowing someone else to play them, if there was a strong preference. chas asked me who I would have had play which faction, based on our conversation after the second play test. Based on their individual play styles, chas the diplomat has chosen as I would have for him. Sherman the cunning would be my choice for the Lannisters. [Given their theoretically poor position, maybe I should play them myself?] That leaves the North for Taeblewalker the aggressive. I posted a Poll here a while back, asking who should play what faction, but it garnered no attention.

Old September 25th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I just wanted to make clear that the Lannisters must be prepared to help if the Undead threaten to achieve a Glyph win, even as they are under intense pressure to kill the other Alliance factions' Heroes. Their situation is so dire, given the outcomes of the two play tests, that I'm wondering whether I should have given them more Heroes, or the other Alliance factions fewer. [If you've been watching the series on TV, you know that the Lannisters' situation is similar to that in our game.]

I have yet to determine which members of the Gang will be playing which factions. I asked for preferences, but only chas has replied thus far (choosing the Targaryens). I told them I was planning on playing the Undead myself, but was open to allowing someone else to play them, if there was a strong preference. chas asked me who I would have had play which faction, based on our conversation after the second play test. Based on their individual play styles, chas the diplomat has chosen as I would have for him. Sherman the cunning would be my choice for the Lannisters. [Given their theoretically poor position, maybe I should play them myself?] That leaves the North for Taeblewalker the aggressive. I posted a Poll here a while back, asking who should play what faction, but it garnered no attention.

I'd be happy to play any faction.

Old September 26th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

I'd be happy to play any faction.

OK then . . . I, as Host, decree that the players/factions shall be: Taeblewalker/The North; chas/The Targaryens; Sherman/The Lannisters; and kolakoski/The Undead Horde.

The traditional Who Will Win Poll can be found here.

P.S.:
Sherman hasn't been heard from, but I'm sure he'll be cool with playing the Lannisters [or speak up if he's not].

Old September 30th, 2017, 08:34 AM

THE LAST WINTER?

aka GAME OF THRONES SCAPE!

By Kolakoski

will be played Wednesday October 25 at Noon

Other Board Game Opportunites In October (NYC Area)

(PM Chas if interested)

Sat. Oct. 7 Star Trek Ascendancy

Sat. Oct. 15 Commands & Colors Epic Napoleonics

Sun. Oct. 22 Emperor's Choice

(Wed. Oct 25 Game of Thrones Scape; observers only)

Sat. Oct. 28 Open Heroscape Gaming Event!
Roosevelt Island (Kolakoski's Secret Island Base)
Walk up any time and learn to play, or just join in!
Old October 1st, 2017, 05:01 PM

Well met!

Dr.Goomonkey
made the following, at my request, for my Game of Thrones scenario:

Super Kudos to the good Dr.!

Old October 1st, 2017, 07:50 PM

Nice! Can you express those as printable PDFs?
Old October 1st, 2017, 10:57 PM

Well met!

You should be able to print them from here or the Gallery. Worst case, I'll print them out myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion