Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 14th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GenCon - 2017 ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I like that event list. I think I like the new Main Event a little better. Still kind of a matchup roulette, but at least you're trying to make an army that's consistently mediocre instead of good on day 1 and bad on day 2. In theory it's different, but I'm not sure it changes army decisions that substantially. I.e. it doesn't make it any easier to know what figures to bring to keep yourself from getting screwed by a bad matchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
So this'll be my first year going. Is it safe to assume that SoV and C3V are not allowed in the main event or other events unless specifically stated?
That is a correct assumption. The last two years there has been an unofficial VC tourney during Open Play. @MegaSilver usually organizes it.
What the new main event does do, though, is prevent people from making Day 2 just by playing an A army, which is against the spirit of the format. It punishes the top armies more than regular reverse the whip. Gotta say, I'm a big fan of this change.
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:52 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Great improvements on the General Wars-type formats, and of course the Main Event (this is exactly what I've been advocating for for years).
Yeah, but I'm the one who pitched it to Matthias at GenCon two years ago, and I'm the one who wrote him a detailed PM explaining why.

So if it succeeds, you get all the glory and if it flops, I get all the blame.

How typical...

Old May 15th, 2017, 12:54 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
General Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Great improvements on the General Wars-type formats, and of course the Main Event (this is exactly what I've been advocating for for years).
Yeah, but I'm the one who pitched it to Matthias at GenCon two years ago, and I'm the one who wrote him a detailed PM explaining why.

So if it succeeds, you get all the glory and if it flops, I get all the blame.

How typical...
I just thought we blamed you for anything that went wrong, not only the things you might even be partially responsible for.

~Dysole, who missed Deroche at the last Gencon
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:56 AM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: General Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I just thought we blamed you for anything that went wrong, not only the things you might even be partially responsible for.

It's good to see you can hit an easily-thrown softball, Dysole.

Anyone else? There's plenty to go around.

Old May 15th, 2017, 01:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Nice work on the formats this year, guys. You gave people lots of choices to find the events they like, and I really appreciate that.

I'll run a reverse draft event in the Thursday 9 PM slot, like last year. I'll put up details sometime this week.
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deroche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

It's good to see you can hit an easily-thrown softball, Dysole.

Anyone else? There's plenty to go around.
You pitched the idea? I believe 2 years ago I played in Day 1 of the Main Event against your Glads-Blasts. This man... the king of A-Rated armies. (Although I believe my dad and I gave you enough garbage for it that year. And at least you're not bringing an extra hydra haha...)
Old May 15th, 2017, 03:27 AM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
You pitched the idea? I believe 2 years ago I played in Day 1 of the Main Event against your Glads-Blasts. This man... the king of A-Rated armies. (Although I believe my dad and I gave you enough garbage for it that year. And at least you're not bringing an extra hydra haha...)
I'll probably bring them again this year as well.

Old May 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Interesting that, without knowing it was even suggested for Gencon let alone being submitted that way, I made the main event for Origins the same type of RTW event (every other round) - great minds must think alike! I do like the crazy variety of events this yer at Gencon, and I may be able to go again this year. If could help run events for a badge again I might be more inclined to go - is there a volunteer thread someone will make, or who do I PM about this?
Old May 15th, 2017, 12:24 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

OK gang, I am in charge of the dice again this year and we don't really have a design in mind. I thought I would open it up and see if anyone had some design ideas. Also this is the 50th anniversary of Gencon so we might be inclined to incorporate that as well.
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:19 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Are any of the events allowing SoV or C3V customs? I saw in the descriptions that Marvel is not allowed. I am assuming that they are not, so that people who are not familiar with them will not be caught off guard by new figures.
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Are any of the events allowing SoV or C3V customs? I saw in the descriptions that Marvel is not allowed. I am assuming that they are not, so that people who are not familiar with them will not be caught off guard by new figures.
I'm jealous that you guys get to make this thing. It looks so cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 15th, 2017, 01:37 PM
What A Daseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Correct, no C3V/SoV allowed for the majority of the events, nor have they ever been. The only ones that mention "Customs welcome" are the "Custom Matches" events at 9pm on Thursday and Friday. These are player-run events, but we don't have the details on those yet. But dok did just mention earlier in this thread that he's doing some kind reverse draft for Thursday.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con