Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:02 AM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape 2014!

Check this out, things will begin to go in this new direction. This is additive manufacturing. All forms of manufacturing previously were only subtractive to date. The future is additive, which means you add material to something to create an item, instead of the present-world cutting and removing from materials.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eryone-can-use

I doubt Heroscape will be there within the near future since it requires 3D model drawings to create the items, unless there are some really good 3D model artists among us who can draw the miniatures out and upload them for others to use.

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:55 AM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape 2014!

This looks really interesting, I know a few people who might be able to help out with drawing profesional HS miniatures. Would it be just HS or would you guys want some for C3V/C3G as well.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 01:57 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Creating preexisting 'Scape figures with a machine like this would be highly illegal; it could only be used for customs. Also, there has yet to be a machine that has a small-enough grain size for professional-quality miniatures on this scale; hand-sculpted and cast minis continue to be much higher quality. That said, I think we'll break that barrier pretty soon.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think they can do that much detail, just the cost is prohibitive for a machine that costs under $10,000...

I think machines that are "affordable" (however you judge that) like this one on Kickstarter won't be able to do anything near hand or computer sculpted detail for many many years.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Wow, I want one. Maybe if I win the lotto. The machine isn't that expensive (you'll pay around the same for a Playstation), but I imagine plastic costs add up.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
Check this out, things will begin to go in this new direction. This is additive manufacturing. All forms of manufacturing previously were only subtractive to date. The future is additive, which means you add material to something to create an item, instead of the present-world cutting and removing from materials.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...eryone-can-use

I doubt Heroscape will be there within the near future since it requires 3D model drawings to create the items, unless there are some really good 3D model artists among us who can draw the miniatures out and upload them for others to use.
That would be sick for heroscape. Hopefully not too far off, eh?
Old January 7th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone know where this is at in terms of 'scape?
Old February 9th, 2016, 01:51 PM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

3D scanning cant be that far behind, you can already get a miniature "you" in some supermarkets in England

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions