Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: KC's Customs - NEW Classic Continuation 9/15/11

Yeah, to me, the common status is part of what makes wyrmlings wyrmlings.

I think this has been tossed around before, but what about fledgling counterstrike only triggering on excess shields after the first one? So, it takes two excess shields to record a counterstrike wound.

Last edited by dok; January 25th, 2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: We may be seeing why there wasn't a green wyrmling in the pack...
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:57 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I know that the Common thing will throw people off, but to me, a Wyrmling tank with some life feels more like Charos than a 1-lifer with a dumbed down Counterstrike.

If the consensus though is for it to be common, I think we're either looking at 2 excess shields, or my original FS with reduced defense, or something like a 5/1/3/4 with Counterstrike that only works on small / medium.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What I am finding as funny with all this is that there is no push for a Mimring wyrmling. The old beast just keeps getting left behind.
Old January 25th, 2012, 10:13 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I understand both the tank and common sides of the argument... maybe a power requires double the skulls to be rolled? Meaning that against 1 shield, you need 2 skulls to kill, against 2 you need 4?

Or is that too far from theme?
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:19 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Were these guys really harder on melee squads than, say, firestorm?
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
What I am finding as funny with all this is that there is no push for a Mimring wyrmling. The old beast just keeps getting left behind.
Well the copper wyrmling looks like Mimring...unfortunately they went with DnD stats, though...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
Were these guys really harder on melee squads than, say, firestorm?
I really didn't think so, but the SoV testers did. The concern was that putting a version of CStrike that could kill a squad figure on a common unit with > 3 defense is too good against the small cross-section of units that is normal attacking melee units with 1 life.

My contention though is that we're way too friendly to melee as a community. I personally miss the days where you needed a ranged component of your army to deal with some things. Now you can just run all KoW and not be worried because there's no unit out there thats good in the meta that can crush melee (except maybe rats). And I don't even think common figures that cost 30 a piece crush melee. I say that if you didn't bring any range to get to the Raelin hiding behind the screen, that's your fault.

But I'm not the one judging, and I really want to get a GW through into the SoV.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 26th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: KC's Customs - 4 new FF 11/16, Classic Continuation 11/2

I remember 4/4 at 35 pointswith Fledgling CS only dealing 1 wound was discussed here, but I can't find why it dead-ended. Anyone know?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 26th, 2012, 06:07 PM

It dead ended because I thought it would be even worse than 3/5.

However, Im starting to think I could be wrong. Just today, I was inspired by a formula Jexik created for Summoner Wars to help price the summon cost of the cards. I messed around with trying to apply it to Heroscape's Points, and I'm surprising myself at how much I think it actually makes sense. I'm gonna put up a thread on it in a bit.

When I threw the GW into it at 5/1/4/4 and 35 points, and compared it to the results that other counterstrikers got, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm still tweaking it a bit...

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 2nd, 2012, 04:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I had this thought about the Green Wyrmling today. What if you made it work a little like the black wyrmlings ability? That is, if the Green Wyrmling rolls excess shields, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of, say, 12 or higher, the attacking figure receives one wound. On a roll of 19(20?) or higher, the attacking figure receives two wounds.

That way you could still keep the Wyrmling at 4-5 defense (depending on the d20 numbers you picked). Just an idea.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 3rd, 2012, 03:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Not to hijack this thread, but below is my version. KC could change his version by removing wrymling bonding and it would remove the overpowering issues with 4th mass or against melee armies. I will soon make a seporate thread with a poll on the 10 or so different versions I have seen by different people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Green Wrymling from D&D Copper Wrymling

Modded Killer Cactus's Green Wrymling (up for SoV nomination). His is 3/5 at 30 points, mine is 4/4 at 35 points. Personally, I think 4/4 just feels more like "baby charos" but both are playable. The new version removes Wrymling Bonding. I think this is great, because he can still reverse bond with the other Wrymlings, but he is not overpowered with the 4th Mass or against melee only armies because having a bunch of Green Wrymlings by themselves is not an option here.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 09:36 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

My question: Why are you limiting yourself to 30 or 35 points? I know in the past the wyrmlings have been at that point cost but, besides tradition, what's really there to stop you from going to 40? For those who consider the figure unbalanced.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by betawolf36; June 3rd, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards