Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maryland Tourny 8/27. CANCELLED!!

Due to the impending hurricane this event has been,

CANCELLED!

It's tourny time in the old line state again.

Date: August 27th.
Time: 12 noon start. (11 - 12 set up)

Place: Collectors Corner 7911 Harford Rd. Baltimore, Md. 21234.
http://www.collectorscornermd.com/

Format: So in an effort to shake it up, I thought hay, why not run them all? So what we have is 5 rounds of Heroscape action, each round will be a different format. The kicker, you have to build just one army to handle all the formats. So, who will be Master of Formats?

The army: 425 points, 24 hex size limit, Marvel allowed, army must include at least one unique hero.

Formats: Round 1: Standard Game. We'll start with what has become the standard of tournaments. Your basic kill 'em all. Partial card scoring in effect.

Round 2: Heat of Battle. Players take turns placing one unit at a time on the battlefeild, any where they want. Once all units are placed, game progresses as per normal. Partial card scoring in effect.

Round 3: Assassins Creed. (Borrowed from Mad Wookie) No we're not going to play the video game. At the start of the game each player will designate one of their unique heroes to be their leader. The goal is to then assassinate your opponents leader. As soon as one players leader is killed (or mind shackeled) the game ends. This round is winner take all, so no points are awarded, you either win or lose.

Round 4: Reverse the Whip. Can you win with your opponents army? In this round, we'll find out. Players will switch armies with their opponent. Play then proceeds as a standard game. Partial card scoring in effect.

Round 5: Fury of the Dice Gods. Cool name huh? A random roll made by the TD (me) before this round of play will determine which of the previous scenarios we will play for the final round. I will accept bribes to fudge the die roll.

Maps:
Arctic Divide (BOV) brought by Clancampbell
Ruins of pine tree marsh (BOV) brought by Clancampbell
Stygian Rift brought by Northgate
Black Gold - brought by Gurei-Ornery
Marr Highway (BOV) brought by kldonnely
Fire Isles (BOV)
Ayrwode's Bluff (Gamebear) Robber

Players:
Clancampbell
Xanth
Legos of Bleakewood
Gurei-Ornery
Northgate
Justine
Mason
kldonnely
Robber
Bassist of Doom
Bassist of Doom's brother

Possible:
Spidysox
Robber's Dad

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Last edited by clancampbell; August 27th, 2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Maryland Tourny 8/27. Master of Formats.

Legos of Bleakewoode and G-O are in and can bring a map/maps.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:14 PM

Northgate knows what's in an order marker Northgate knows what's in an order marker

Mason, Justine, and I will be there! Confirm us!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

This may very well be the awesomest format I've seen for a tourney. I believe I'm free that day but put me down as a possible for now.
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Awesome format, Clan! I have no idea if any of the Gang are going, but I'll start posting armies right away!
Old July 24th, 2011, 03:10 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks good Clan! I will definitely try to be there. Please put me down as a maybe for now.

No Capture the Flag or Treasure Quest?
Old July 24th, 2011, 04:16 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

This looks like a great format. I know Sensei and I haven't been to a tourney in a while, but we will try to make this one. I will post again saying whether we can make it or not. Hope to see you on the 27.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, love the format Clan!!!

No idea at all about making this one. A lot going on around that time (I'll be starting my teaching career that week) so I can't say whether or not I'll be there. Put me as possible for now.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:50 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Put Jay and I down as maybes - I won't know for certain for a few more weeks.
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Loving all the positive response from you guys. Glad to come up with a pleasing format.

@Tom. Yeah, I toyed around with a couple of different versions of capture the flag, and considered Tresure quest. I also toyed around with other varients of things. In the end I just couldn't think of a fifth senario that I really liked, and that I felt wouldn't be too confusing. So I thought, why not add some randomness. Hence, Fury of the Dice Gods.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old July 25th, 2011, 03:50 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
@Tom. Yeah, I toyed around with a couple of different versions of capture the flag, and considered Tresure quest. I also toyed around with other varients of things. In the end I just couldn't think of a fifth senario that I really liked, and that I felt wouldn't be too confusing. So I thought, why not add some randomness. Hence, Fury of the Dice Gods.
Nothing wrong with a little randomness in Heroscape!
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks great, Clan. We can't come and I doubt KidScaper's buddies would be able to come, but I'll tell Bill.

I'd love to say put us down for a 'maybe,' but I just don't think we can squeeze it in that weekend.

I suppose if Robber can't come, Bassist of Doom will have to sneak into his house one night and steal the Golden Viking to transport it up from Annapolis.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events