Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 16th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

I loved the Superman Lex era and I'm still kind of mad it got cut short. His armor is dope.

For Self-Importance, you can probably make the extra move a "when moving with his Flying special power" or something, to make it a little more in line with the special movement power stuff.

I agree that Kryptonian Armor is the most cut-able. I think Mother Box Repair is a very cool, and very Lex-y, risk-reward power. In general I think that's a solid take on the character. I would like Superior for his personality, though... since he's essentially the Superior Superman at that point.
Old November 16th, 2019, 02:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really hate the Self-Importance power, so that's the one I would cut.
Old November 16th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I figured it would make him a decent pairing with JL Bats, but we could always replace it. I do think good guy Lex needs some sort of personality power to show he’s not fully good.
Old November 16th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Self-Importance as a concept isn't actually the worst power - it's a fun idea. I think it's got an unfortunate stigma due to the first character to have it (Penguin vI) being a bit crap and not someone you want to be forced to take a turn with. On a harder rule, with a stronger character? It's a fun weakness, and it can also work as a positive power if you provide the figure a boost when it triggers (Raphael, and I designed one character for my customs collection ages ago which works that way).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; November 16th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old November 16th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We could do something like increasing the number of dice on his SA when he’s being self-important.
Old November 16th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I actually really like that power on him.
Old November 16th, 2019, 03:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I just don't like having to remember to roll the d20 at the start of every single player turn, then when it 'hits' I'm disappointed that I can't do what I was planning on doing with that OM reveal. It's a chore I don't want to do, with the only result being a negative experience.
Old November 16th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I actually really like that power on him.
Likewise. I like it making you pause before building a JL army around him.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 16th, 2019, 06:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Could just not make him a Champion if you don't want him in the JL.
Old November 16th, 2019, 06:23 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I just don't like having to remember to roll the d20 at the start of every single player turn, then when it 'hits' I'm disappointed that I can't do what I was planning on doing with that OM reveal. It's a chore I don't want to do, with the only result being a negative experience.
I understand your concern. In the HelmAverse I used a similar power on Human Torch called Reckless Teammate but tied the randomness to the initiative roll rather than to every turn of an Order Marker.

The funny thing is, we haven’t used the HT in a while but every time the condition comes up, one of us remarks how he would be jumping in for his turn if he was on the team in this fight. We just all nod and move on but I know the mental notes are being taken as to how often it comes into play and whether the negative is really an issue or not.
Old November 16th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Just A Head

I very much want him to be a potential JLer, because Lex actually was in the JL pretty close to this era. But I also think that making him a slightly questionable pick for the team is both fun and thematic. Make it so the JL can wrangle some of his more negative elements (Batman can modify his S-I role, and Supes can move him out of engagement so he can repair) and he’s both viable as a JL pick but also a bit pricklier than your average member. Or at least that’s the theory.
Old November 16th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, I want viable but prickly too. Like it’s thematic for it to be doable but I would hate for it to become a default build.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy