Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: The best marro warlord is...
Entry #1 3 9.68%
Entry #2 5 16.13%
Entry #3 10 32.26%
Entry #4 13 41.94%
Entry #5 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:42 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Speed Custom Contest #12. Entries posted, poll up!

Speed Customs
Contest Number 12

So the Marro are getting a new big hero, what do YOU think it should look like (stat wise of course).

You must create a unique hero. You must use this figure:

All entries are due to me, via pm, by July 29, 2007 at 4:00 pm (est).

Rules:

1) Entries must be sent to me via PM.

2) Entries must be in card format. (no text only customs)

3) Entries must be on an existing HeroScape general's card.

4) Only 1 entry per option per member.

5) Do not include your name on your actual card.

6) You may not edit your custom once I have received it.

7) You may ONLY use the figure posted, and only in the manner detailed in this contest's guidelines.

Please save your file the following way: "YourName_YourCustomsName.jpg"

Once the submission time has ended, I will post all received entries, and this thread will become the voting/discussion thread.

Have fun, and good luck.

Special thanks to FireMaster for this week's contest idea.

smallboxgames.com
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Here are the entries:

Entry #1

Entry #2

Entry #3

Entry #4

Entry #5

Poll is up, voting ends around 9:40 am, on Saturday.

Sorry it took so long guys, been in crunch mode getting playtest copies of my games together for GenCon, on top of starting to work again, since my paid summer is coming to an end .

smallboxgames.com
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:50 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
I like entry number 3. Zero points for that beast is a bargain
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:52 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Entry 3 has no points . Also 1 and 5 apparently didn't know th guys name.

I like the Aquilla card for entry 4, very cool looking even if it is a Marvel card. While I think Tor-Kul-Na will go to Utgar, I give my vote to entry 4. THe Skewer ability is very cool.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1

I like the Aquilla card for entry 4, very cool looking even if it is a Marvel card. While I think Tor-Kul-Na will go to Utgar, I give my vote to entry 4. THe Skewer ability is very cool.
I second that.

FINISH HIM!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:16 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
I like entry number 3. Zero points for that beast is a bargain
Well, don't let it not having a point cost alter who you would vote for. It doesn't cost 0 points, it just doesn't have a point cost. Just pretend it costs 170 points or something.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:19 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, I voted for #3. I think it is a good card. They just forgot to put the points. It got my vote.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:40 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Quote:
The challenge was to create a unique hero with that figure, not to make a "Tor-Kul-Na". And isn't only suspicion that the figure will be named that?

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:16 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
Quote:
The challenge was to create a unique hero with that figure, not to make a "Tor-Kul-Na". And isn't only suspicion that the figure will be named that?
I thought that was known? Also I did like the abilities for entry 4 the best either way. 3 was not original, just had old powers while so there was reasson not to vote for it besides the cost.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I like number 4 as well, but I would feel better if it didn't affect Deathwalkers, or something. Very imaginative Aquilla card, too.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm impressed - five very solid entries.

1) Lost an Eye is really clever. A bit underpriced and small graphical glitch with the text under the stats.

2) Hmmmm, that font looks familiar. I love the dual effects of Staff Strike and Bestial Rend - pick the proper ugly monster, errr, tool for the proper job my mother always said.

3) I wish there was a price. This is an absolute standard version of huge Marro leader writ large.

4) Loving the Aquilla choice, the clean graphics, Monstrous Grip - seems a touch on the expensive side.

5) Very Marro-ish entry, clever. Not sure I want to try to calculate out Knock Heads, though.

In the end, it was a hard choice between 2&4. The different strokes for different folks attacks of #2 finally won me over

~Aldin, spear-itedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
I'm going to have to go for #2. Best fitting overall abilities.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards