Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 8th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Dungeon Crawl Armies ~ 360

Considering our first D&D Group totals 360, I figured it would be good to have a list of other hero-centric armies that could take on the Evils of the underdark.

Elves:
Sonlen 160
Syvaris 100
Emirroon 80
Gwyn 20
total: 360

Kyrie Warrior!
Atlaga 90
Concan 80
Kelda 80
Raelin (new) 120
Total: 370

Mixed Bag
Kaemon 120
Sonlen 160
Crixis 90
total: 370

Evil on Evil
Iskra and Rechets 100
Warden 90
Sir Hawthorne 90
Ne-Gok-Sa 90

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; January 8th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dungeon Crawl Armies ~ 360

120 Kaemon
100 Kozuke
80 Thorgrim
40 Theracus
10 Isamu
10 Otonashi

Hero-centric doesn't mean hero-only, does it?
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Sonlen
Carr
Gurei Oni
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Hero-centric doesn't mean hero-only, does it?
I think Dungeon Crawls are supposed to hero only. I'm not entirely sure. It's an interesting way to play, though, given that it eliminates SquadScape from one side of the board.

How about...

Agent Carr: 120
Q10: 270
X17: 370

Hey, it's uni-general...

But I'd give it a try just for kicks. Given that most Dungeon boards will be smaller than the average battlefield, X17 will have less of a problem engaging enemy units. With them held down, Carr and Q10 can do their job without fear of being countered by range.

At least it's thematic, as in Vydar assigning Carr two robot companions for spelunking

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 8th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q9
Raelin
Isamu
Atlaga

Last edited by Obsidian; January 8th, 2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM

adbirk19 is surprisingly tart

1.Acolarh
Agent Carr
Brunak
Isamu
Marcu Esenwein
Otonash
2. marvel figures buy them selves.
3.marro party
Kee-Mo-Shi
Ne-Gok-Sa
Tul-Bak-Ra

Last edited by adbirk19; January 8th, 2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: add more
Old January 8th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbirk19 View Post
2. marvel figures buy them selves.
This brings up an interesting question, could Hulk make it through the dungeon by himself? he is 370 points after all. An angry Hulk would eat the Troll alive, but those posion weapons and pelloth's auto wounds would be deadly. He would get all the glyph's so an extra attack and defences with the revive would be intersting. I wonder.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:25 PM

I'll probably try that sometime. It'd be interesting to see what a figure like that could do... of course, you forgot to mention Stomp! When facing hordes, nothing is more valuable than a well placed foot to the ground.

The only problem I can see is yeah, he's a single figure, and unless he manages to grab treasures early (though Super Leap would help him), he's absorbing every attack.

He also starts at zero Rage in every room, which would be annoying. However, its worth mentioning that this means he shouldn't fear horde squad figures so much- the Drow's poison, for example, would just fuel his power, and he'd clear that room pretty quickly, then start the cycle over.

I wouldn't fear Pelloth, really- you can just Super Leap right to him and put the hurt on. It'd be pretty simple, especially since I think that he can't use Lolth's Rage when he's engaged.

And yeah, the troll'd be killed. Of course, both figure's attacks would increase as Hulk takes wounds... hmmm. Quite interesting.

In the campaign in the rulebook, based on my observations, I would assume Hulk would make it out alive. I'd like to see how he'd fair in some other dungeons...

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:12 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Kaemon Awa
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Deadeye Dan
Shiori
320 points
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:51 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjnormandin View Post
Kaemon Awa
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Deadeye Dan
Shiori
320 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by THIS THREAD'S VERY TITLE
Dungeon Crawl Armies ~ 360
Quote:
Quote:

Do I need to spell it out for you?
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:54 PM

pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker pjnormandin knows what's in an order marker

Every combination suggested on this thread is not exactly 360 points.

Kyrie Warrior!
Atlaga 90
Concan 80
Kelda 80
Raelin (new) 120

Mixed Bag
Kaemon 120
Sonlen 160
Crixis 90
total: 370

Evil on Evil
Iskra and Rechets 100
Warden 90
Sir Hawthorne 90
Ne-Gok-Sa 90

Just a few examples from the person who started the thread.
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:22 PM

Also, there's no requirement to use EVERY point in a dungeon crawl, is there? If you don't really want to spend that 40 points on a pointless filler that won't contribute much to the game, than why should you? No need to get so caustic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion