Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Beantown Beatdown 4 Post-Tourney Thread

Great tournament. Thanks Pilgrim, ASmiles, and all. I had a blast. I went 3-2 and all the games were fun (and I got my revenge on arp12). I'll post a more detailed battle report later.

I've started working on the NERV update and hope to have it complete in the next day or two.
Old June 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Please remember your cartographers!

If you played on a map that you thought was truly great, nominate it to the Battlefields of Valhalla!
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Does anyone know who grabbed the Zombies!!! game? I just want to make sure the person took the expansion with it, because the expansion is not a stand alone game if it was left behind to be as another prize.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Zombiebomb has disabled reputation

I just wanted to thank everyone who set this up and made this happen, it was my first tournament and it was such a good time i hope to attend more as they come! Thank you very much pilgrim, and all others! =)

Whats high score mean? did i break it?
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM

Zombiebomb has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
This is one of my favorite pics and need to get the story behind it.

Caption choices.

1-You sank my battleship!!!!
2-Another Frenzy????
3-Aaron F'ing Boone!!!!!
4-Damn that game with Shades fan was good!!!!
I think this is when my Krav/Warden did damage to his new Dragon, and then he came back and destroyed me with Marro Stingers... what a good game!

Whats high score mean? did i break it?
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:54 AM

ASmiles Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Does anyone know who grabbed the Zombies!!! game? I just want to make sure the person took the expansion with it, because the expansion is not a stand alone game if it was left behind to be as another prize.
I believe it was the son of one of the Long Island Scapers.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I don't remember who grabbed it, but I do remember that they took the expansion with it.

rec thug- Yes, you have the right username. I also hope to see you again at future tourneys. (I know there's been talk of a Lexington one)
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Battle report

My Army: Stingers * 4, Deathreavers * 2 & Q9

First Game vs ARP12:
We fought on a map with lots of height, in the form of a big plateau, separating us, but really not all that much distance. My army took up 22
starting spaces so that starting zone was pretty crowded. ARP won the
initiative roll, flew out with Zelrig (that new red dragon) and blew away a
huge part of my army with majestic fire. After that I really didn't think I
stood a chance of winning. ARP advanced his samurai while my rats, stingers and Q9 were getting stuck trying to get out of the starting zone and onto the plateau. The samurai swarmed Q9 and started to pound away on him with height. While they did their damage, my stingers eventually were able to kill them, and finally my decimated army made it onto that very high plateau between us. When that happened I was able to fight off the remaining figures in ARPs army and pull away with a very narrow and very unexpected win.

Second Game vs TheGuru
What can I say, the guy has his own knight... I was pretty happy about getting to play Chris. We were playing on a road map that was pretty nice. Lots of knights (those walking ones), Sir Dupuis and Deadeye Dan were my opponents. I got some rats on the road, advanced some stingers and got Q9 out. While rats bocked the oncoming army, Q9 got in a nice height position. I kept looking for knights out of railin's LOS, and managed to fire at Raelin to. Getting her out of the game early was crucial. After that I kept taking the shots that had the most chance of getting a kill. Deadeye Dan and Sir Dupuis finally fell and the mob-up on the knights proved easy after that. I was happy to get out of this game a little easier than out of the first one...

Third game vs Nyphot
Airborne elite, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin and... Braxas. I shuddered. Braxas is one of those units that is able to deicmate a stinger/rat army in no time at all. The only thing I could do is bring out Q9 and hold everybody back until Braxas is out. To make things worse, the airborne elite drop right at the start of the game. To make things better, Nyphot miscalculated and cannot move all of them up close enough to get all grenades off (minor phew). After the Krav unsuccesfully tried to damage Q9 Braxas came out and engaged. I was pretty happy about this. While Q9 and Braxas both took a beating from eachother I moved up some stingers and rats. Q9 did not survive Braxas, but was low enough for me to mop him up with a wave of stingers. The Krav were powerless once I engaged them with the rats and the aftermath was pretty straightforward. If Nyphot had ignored Q9 and just taken out my commons I think this match would have turned out quite different.

Fourth Game vs B:T:L Matt
We were getting down to the finals. Only four players had 3 wins with 1500 points now and they all played eachother. Matt had vipers. So many he needed extra spaces. Then there was Zetacron (that new white robot thing) and, all the way in the back, a Viper warlord. My guys made short work of Zetacron (which was really fortunate as I was really worried about Q9 there for a second) I got some stingers on some high ground not too far away from my starting zone, and I got some rats out to stop the oncoming flood of vipers, and while Matt rolled frenzy at least once every round, my rats were able to block his vipers before they could reach the stingers, and taking care of them proved easy. When I ran out of rats (cause matt really rolled quite well against them) I used stingers in much the same way, with Q9 taking 9 individual shots all the time.

Fifth Game against Pilgrim
Map AA. When I saw it I knew it was trouble, with a plateau that was
unreachable for non-flyers and surrounded by Jungle, giving everyone on it a +1 for height and a +1 for Jungle. I thought I was OK 'cause Pilgrrim did not have flyers, but before the first round Pilgrim dropped the Airborne onto the plateau. Then he kept rolling skulls and shields at the appropriate times and I couldn't roll shield if my life depended on it (Q9 came up with no shields on 8 dice, basically taking him out in a single turn). Stinger drain blew up in my face at least three times in a row. It was a slaughter. I scored a grand total of 58 kill points.... To make the humiliation complete Pilgrim has now taken to calling me Richard... but I'm not bitter...

It truely was a great day! Thanx to everybody!!! I hope to see and play most of you again in Saratoga!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
To make the humiliation complete Pilgrim has now taken to calling me Richard... but I'm not bitter...
Sorry about that Roger. It was not intentional.

Yeah, I know it's easy to blame things on the dice (like blaming the game on the ref), but in this case I have to say that I haven't seen such tragic rolling in a long time as my worthy opponent did in the final match. I have a feeling that on a different board we might have easily crowned a different Baron of Beantown.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
To make the humiliation complete Pilgrim has now taken to calling me Richard... but I'm not bitter...
Sorry about that Roger. It was not intentional.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM

ASmiles Woo who?

Summary of Units in Play at the Beantown Beatdown 4.

This a count of how many armies the unit was part of. (so multiple commons in a single army only count once).

Our winner, appearing in 10 armies - Isamu

Was he really a popular choice, or just a lot of 490 point armies showing up?

Appearing in 7 armies: 10th Regiment of Foot, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin (RotV)
Appearing in 6 armies: Zetacron and the Marro Warriors
Appearing in 5 armies: Marro Stingers and Gurei-Oni
Appearing in 4 armies: Airborne Elite, Minions of Utgar, Guilty McCreech, Major Q9, Zelrig, Dumutef Guard.

3 Armies: MBS, Cyprien, Otonashi, KoW, Khosumet, Sonlen, Kentyla, Marcu, Krug, Major Q10, Finn.
2 Armies: Hounds, KA, Marcus, Nilf, Charos, DeD, Sujoah, Spiders, Drake (SotM), NotNW, Sonya, 4th Mass, Eldgrim, Badru, Aubrien, Microcorp, Syvarris, Emiroon, Tarn, Carr, Izumi, WSG, Nagrubs, Gilbert, Groks, Crixus.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I think Isamu was more a filler for the 490pts, but that's just my assumption. I don't think I ever drafted Isamu because I actually wanted him in my army, not that it means he sucks. He's a good unit, but he'll always be a filler to me.

It's still amazing to see some classic figures from as far back as RotV make it to tournaments. It really shows that no figure is obsolete in Heroscape. And for anyone on heroscapers.com that ever had any doubts on the Venocs, just check out my battle report. They wowed me this tournament and through their relentless perserverance, they landed me in 6th place out of 44.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events