Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 5th, 2022, 05:08 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
Can anyone point me to an answer from the design team on pre-releasing the cards? Will we have to wait to see if the HasLab is funded first?
They're not going to give us cards that are still in playtesting. Whether or not any of the cards will move past that stage during the Haslab remains to be seen.
Old October 5th, 2022, 05:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Can anyone point me to an answer from the design team on pre-releasing the cards? Will we have to wait to see if the HasLab is funded first?
They're not going to give us cards that are still in playtesting. Whether or not any of the cards will move past that stage during the Haslab remains to be seen.
Has it been confirmed that *none* of the cards are currently finalized?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 5th, 2022, 05:17 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
But he's got cheetoh dust on the dragons!
You've got Dragons on my Cheetoh Dust!

(Two great tastes...)

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 5th, 2022, 05:29 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

(Two great tastes...)

~Z
Which of the Valhalla dragons would enjoy eating hot cheetohs?
Old October 5th, 2022, 05:38 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Has it been confirmed that *none* of the cards are currently finalized?
Technically, no it has not, but it's implied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTHORSAVAGEX
Encarmine the card picture I’m assuming is the basic side of card and the opposite side will have abilities etc.
Correct, we’re not going to share any powers until the War Council has finished playtesting.
Old October 5th, 2022, 06:09 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:

(Two great tastes...)

~Z
Which of the Valhalla dragons would enjoy eating hot cheetohs?
Moltenclaw, of course!

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 5th, 2022, 06:21 PM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

they have been talking about doing some gameplay demos though so they may be preparing to backtrack on that one a bit

for the best considering we still have a lot of backers to go

crab?
Old October 5th, 2022, 07:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Edit: let's make straight-up Earth dinosaurs from the triassic, jurassic, and cretaceous periods while we're at it! They didn't coexist with cavemen, but we can pretend.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Anitar posted in the News thread that CVN said they'll be releasing some cards soon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So I wrote some comparison analysis of the "it's not worth $250" arguments and thought I would repost it here:

--

So there's two sides of the cost discussion. One side is "costs too much *for me*" which is a subjective thing I won't argue with. The other side is "costs more than it is worth" which is a bit more of an objectively verifiable statement and, I think, quite false.

Rise of the Valkyrie gave us 16 army cards for 30 figures as well as a boatload of terrain for an MSRP of $40 in 2004. The $$-per-ounce-of-plastic increased with each subsequent master set.

The terrain for this set is comparable to Rise of the Valkyrie + a Ticalla Jungle (which retailed for $20 when it came out in 2008 ) + Fortress of the Archkyrie (which retailed for $30 when it came out in 2006), so that gets us to $90, 16 cards, and 30 figures. So let's get the rest of the way to 71 unique figures...

we'll have to add
- Heroes of Bleakwoode for $13 + 5 figures
- Heroes of Barrenspur for $13 + 4 figures (1 large + 1 Huge)
- Orm's Return for $20 + 5 large figures (mix of large and huge)
- Heroes of Nostralund for $13 + 5 figures
- Heroes of Trollsford for $13 + 5 figures
- Gladiators and Agents for $13 + 6 figures
- Ninjas and Samurai for $13 + 6 figures
- Heroes of Durgeth for $13 + 5 figures

so that gets us to $214 for comparable terrain and 71 unique figures... in 2004-2006. $214 -> $250 is a 16% increase in cost. I'm not aware of anything that has had a cost increase as small as 16% since 2006. Have you looked at gas prices lately? Do you remember what they were in 2006? The price of plastic has gone way up since then (as has the price of labor, which is why these are unpainted).

Finally, shipping (a $40 value?) is free.

A related point is that this is also on the normal spectrum of prices for unpainted mini games of this size on kickstarter; a few go for less, many go for the same or more. And they usually don't have free shipping.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:45 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
So I wrote some comparison analysis of the "it's not worth $250" arguments and thought I would repost it here:

--

So there's two sides of the cost discussion. One side is "costs too much *for me*" which is a subjective thing I won't argue with. The other side is "costs more than it is worth" which is a bit more of an objectively verifiable statement and, I think, quite false.

Rise of the Valkyrie gave us 16 army cards for 30 figures as well as a boatload of terrain for an MSRP of $40 in 2004. The $$-per-ounce-of-plastic increased with each subsequent master set.

The terrain for this set is comparable to Rise of the Valkyrie + a Ticalla Jungle (which retailed for $20 when it came out in 2008 ) + Fortress of the Archkyrie (which retailed for $30 when it came out in 2006), so that gets us to $90, 16 cards, and 30 figures. So let's get the rest of the way to 71 unique figures...

we'll have to add
- Heroes of Bleakwoode for $13 + 5 figures
- Heroes of Barrenspur for $13 + 4 figures (1 large + 1 Huge)
- Orm's Return for $20 + 5 large figures (mix of large and huge)
- Heroes of Nostralund for $13 + 5 figures
- Heroes of Trollsford for $13 + 5 figures
- Gladiators and Agents for $13 + 6 figures
- Ninjas and Samurai for $13 + 6 figures
- Heroes of Durgeth for $13 + 5 figures

so that gets us to $214 for comparable terrain and 71 unique figures... in 2004-2006. $214 -> $250 is a 16% increase in cost. I'm not aware of anything that has had a cost increase as small as 16% since 2006. Have you looked at gas prices lately? Do you remember what they were in 2006? The price of plastic has gone way up since then (as has the price of labor, which is why these are unpainted).

Finally, shipping (a $40 value?) is free.

A related point is that this is also on the normal spectrum of prices for unpainted mini games of this size on kickstarter; a few go for less, many go for the same or more. And they usually don't have free shipping.
I agree on the value, you even left out the Spiders.

I was thinking :
Rotv - $45
Fota - $25 (We don't get wall walks and ladders though)
TJ - $20
Large Hero set - $20
1 Full wave of figures - $52
Shipping - $25
= $187

But I think you had more figures, I may be a few boosters short of 71 figures. You were also more accurate including all unique figure packs.

It is a good value for what is included, I don't think that's a problem.

Last edited by Hogg; October 5th, 2022 at 10:46 PM. Reason: I forgot to whine about paint.
Old October 5th, 2022, 10:45 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I was wondering when someone would post this sort of comparison, and I'm zero percent surprised it was caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.heroscapers.com
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to caps again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion