Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 11th, 2018, 03:21 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

This figure has enough availability for the SoV, I think. I am thinking of adding a monk to Einar. His cost is 85 points and he has 3 special powers. Here is the card & the miniature, if you have any feedback for this guy.
Old November 11th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I meant to post this in your customs thread, but just so you know; the figure you’re using is for a female character. I don’t own it, but I’m guessing it might clearly look like a female.
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:34 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
This design reminds me a little bit of an old humanoid tiger that you made a while ago that I really liked. I personally preferred the old Deadly Strike to Paralyzing Palm, but that's mostly because I'm concerned about how powerful it can be against squads that need to remain bunched up. Having a 25% chance to ignore defense is really powerful, especially since you can try it for every adjacent figure.

If you want to keep the ability to ignore defense dice, I would recommend increasing her attack up to 3. That brings the chances of it succeeding back down to 12.5%, which should be much more manageable.

The survivability also feels a touch high for 85 points. I'd think that either a slightly higher price or bringing down the life or defense by 1 is a good idea.
Old November 12th, 2018, 02:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Snekk man + flamin chikens

Alright 3FG site-seers, I have a special request tonight. I have two customs, the Rastuci Sunce (pheonix squad), and the Armoc Warlord.

@LoveElemental and I have done two tests with these iterations together, with wild results. I'm wondering if the two together is too powerful, in your opinions.

First, the Rastuci Sunce:

Next, the Armoc Warlord:

Any thoughts are, as always, appreciated.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 12th, 2018, 02:57 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
This design reminds me a little bit of an old humanoid tiger that you made a while ago that I really liked. I personally preferred the old Deadly Strike to Paralyzing Palm, but that's mostly because I'm concerned about how powerful it can be against squads that need to remain bunched up. Having a 25% chance to ignore defense is really powerful, especially since you can try it for every adjacent figure.

If you want to keep the ability to ignore defense dice, I would recommend increasing her attack up to 3. That brings the chances of it succeeding back down to 12.5%, which should be much more manageable.

The survivability also feels a touch high for 85 points. I'd think that either a slightly higher price or bringing down the life or defense by 1 is a good idea.
I'd like to echo Astroking's thoughts here. I'd also drop Combat Reflexes, simply because it sounds to custom-y. That usually doesn't fly for the SoV. A version with Astro's suggested changes and without Combat Relfexes might start at about 100 points?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 12th, 2018, 04:19 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Snekk man + flamin chikens

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

Next, the Armoc Warlord:
This is a pretty interesting set, but I'm not crazy about the Pheonixes being Protectors. HeroScape is full of weird synergies and bridges between factions, but I'm not seeing the reasoning behind vipers and pheonixes yet. I'm not saying that it can't work, but I don't see the argument for them to be connected. It doesn't help that the Pheonixes sport aggressive stats and are unlikely to do much protecting.

This kind of extends to the abilities a little bit, as well. From a Viper perspective, I don't like Protector Leadership. The Armocs are already fast enough to be noteworthy as a bonding squad, so the +1 move feels less impactful for them than it does for the Pheonixes. It's neat to make Pheonixes faster, but it doesn't feel as good to also have it overlap with Vipers.

On the other hand, I rather like Protector Defense Aura for the Vipers, but it doesn't excite me as much for the Pheonixes (not quite sure why yet, but it may be something as small as that with the bonding Armocs it reminds me of more of Nerak or how it makes the Pheonixes able to be played less aggressively).

I'm also a little bit concerned about the Armoc Warlord obsolescing the Venoc Warlord (since they have the same price but the Armoc is a much better bonding hero and has better stats), but the Venoc has his own synergy webs that should let them coexist. I do think that a slight price bump on the Armoc Warlord would be good, though, if the stats and abilities remain the same.
Old November 12th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
...snip

Next, the Armoc Warlord:
...snip
This is a pretty interesting set, but I'm not crazy about the Pheonixes being Protectors. HeroScape is full of weird synergies and bridges between factions, but I'm not seeing the reasoning behind vipers and pheonixes yet. I'm not saying that it can't work, but I don't see the argument for them to be connected. It doesn't help that the Pheonixes sport aggressive stats and are unlikely to do much protecting.

This kind of extends to the abilities a little bit, as well. From a Viper perspective, I don't like Protector Leadership. The Armocs are already fast enough to be noteworthy as a bonding squad, so the +1 move feels less impactful for them than it does for the Pheonixes. It's neat to make Pheonixes faster, but it doesn't feel as good to also have it overlap with Vipers.

On the other hand, I rather like Protector Defense Aura for the Vipers, but it doesn't excite me as much for the Pheonixes (not quite sure why yet, but it may be something as small as that with the bonding Armocs it reminds me of more of Nerak or how it makes the Pheonixes able to be played less aggressively).

I'm also a little bit concerned about the Armoc Warlord obsolescing the Venoc Warlord (since they have the same price but the Armoc is a much better bonding hero and has better stats), but the Venoc has his own synergy webs that should let them coexist. I do think that a slight price bump on the Armoc Warlord would be good, though, if the stats and abilities remain the same.
The Pheonixes being protectors was mostly me trying to find a reasonable way to apply the units as Einarian troops... though I admit it does make more sense now that I’ve developed a Queen Pheonix to lead them around. I can still change it to a different class, but nothing seems to make much more sense.

Regarding Armoc Warlord, I can see cutting the Leadership bonus, and replacing it with something else. While +1 Defense for protectors is great, it’s not nearly quite as useful as +2 Move to protectors and +1 to Frenzy (for the Venocs that’s amazing). Hmm... decisions decisions...

Mittens has +1 Life and Movement over Armoc Warlord, while AW has +1 defense. Synergy aside, I’m not sure how you feel that the AW is a far better bonding option. If anything, I felt that he further develops the Vipers faction.
Besides, it only makes sense that AW is a better bonder than Mittens... he has the same name!

I’m more than happy to bump the Armoc Warlord. Does 130 sound good to you?

Thanks Astro!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 12th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
The Pheonixes being protectors was mostly me trying to find a reasonable way to apply the units as Einarian troops... though I admit it does make more sense now that I’ve developed a Queen Pheonix to lead them around. I can still change it to a different class, but nothing seems to make much more sense.
I only have a cursory knowledge of pheonixes, but after a quick skim through Wikipedia I think that you're spot-on with making these guys follow Einar. Is the Queen Pheonix in your thread? I think that seeing her could help me visualize these guys more as Protectors.

If the class was just trying to justify choosing Einar, though, you could always take a page out of VC's book and use Legend as the class. Heracles and Asterios both tie into that theme pretty well, and I think that a pheonix would be an easy fit, especially with a Greek theme.

Quote:
Regarding Armoc Warlord, I can see cutting the Leadership bonus, and replacing it with something else. While +1 Defense for protectors is great, it’s not nearly quite as useful as +2 Move to protectors and +1 to Frenzy (for the Venocs that’s amazing). Hmm... decisions decisions...

Mittens has +1 Life and Movement over Armoc Warlord, while AW has +1 defense. Synergy aside, I’m not sure how you feel that the AW is a far better bonding option. If anything, I felt that he further develops the Vipers faction.
Besides, it only makes sense that AW is a better bonder than Mittens... he has the same name!

I’m more than happy to bump the Armoc Warlord. Does 130 sound good to you?

Thanks Astro!
The Venoc Warlord actually only gives the extra movement to Scouts, not Protectors, which is partially why I think that the Armoc Warlord would almost completely outclass him as a bonding option. The other big thing is the defense aura, of course, which is a huge advantage over the VW for bonding. I really like the power, but combining similar stats to the VW with much better synergy like that should be reflected in a slight price bump. 130 sounds like a good change to me.

I do think that the jump from 3 to 4 defense is more significant than the jump from 6 to 7 move, which gives the AW more of an edge over Mittens, and 4 defense/5 life is more durable than 3 defense/6 life. They're definitely in the same ballpark, but if they're the exact same price, then I don't see the VW being used nearly as frequently in Armoc builds anymore. Granted, Mittens isn't a great option for them anyway and he can more easily gain height, but I still think that they should overlap a little bit less.

And no problem! I'm happy to share my thoughts!
Old November 12th, 2018, 02:04 PM
I could go

Nah, I haven’t put her in my customs thread yet. But she’s a big old pheonix figure.

https://www.michaels.com/safari-ltd-...heonix&start=2

Away from the house computer, so I can only post her stats via memory...

Spoiler Alert!

Edit: Oops! I mispoke on Venoc Warlord. No worries either way

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 12th, 2018, 04:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Nah, I haven’t put her in my customs thread yet. But she’s a big old pheonix figure.

Spoiler Alert!

It's a beautiful figure but that tail does offer significant denial issues. You can have her stand more like Braxas, but even then her wings droop such that she has a hard time facing many pieces of terrain even just 4 levels higher and a hex away from her.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

It's a beautiful figure but that tail does offer significant denial issues. You can have her stand more like Braxas, but even then her wings droop such that she has a hard time facing many pieces of terrain even just 4 levels higher and a hex away from her.
Yeah, we’ve noticed that she has a hard time getting into position.

Still a beautiful figure though!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 14th, 2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

I do think that Vjecno Sunce helps sell the idea of Pheonixes as Protectors, since her ability to revive them adjacent to her kind of facilitates a more defensive role for them. Her class of Queen also works well with tying them into royalty and Einar, although I still don't think that the Rastuci Sunce need the Protector class. It doesn't bother me as much anymore, but I do think that you could just change the class if the Viper/Pheonix synergy becomes problematic in the future.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards