Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old January 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM

Dgamer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Customs

Are customs legal? I need to know! I am hosting a game on Sat. and I need to clear this up!

HEROSCAPE ROCKS!
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:15 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgamer View Post
Are customs legal? I need to know! I am hosting a game on Sat. and I need to clear this up!
You're hosting a game. No one's going to come arrest you for using customs. Are you asking if players should be allowed to bring customs to a competitive game setting?

No.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

There is no official tourney rules, so If all parties involved agree on a custom that by all means use it.

I would not allow a custom if all participants do not agree to use them.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

I've never heard of customs being allowed in tournament play, but if you're hosting you can allow anything you want. If it were my decision I'd say no, but you could allow them on a case-by-case basis if they don't appear to be broken.

My custom Terrain and Units.

My HS pics
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

Personally speaking, I allow customs in tourney use if certain people are fond of them. You as the host should be the one deciding this. As long as they're balanced, fair, and fun customs, than by all means let them be playable.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

I've got some ideas for funny and functional customs, but I need someone to sculpt figures of them for me - unless you know where I can get a Heroscape-scale miniature of Charles Barkley.
Old January 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM

sigmazero13 has disabled reputation

If it were me, before allowing a custom figure I'd try and see it in play in at least a game or two first, to make sure that it's "fair". It's hard to judge just by looking sometimes, and hopefully after a game or two any MAJOR imbalances would come out.

If the tournament is just for fun though, you can be a bit more flexible, but if there is some kind of prize, I'd probably be inclined to just flat out say "no", unless you've really, really had a chance to sufficiently playtest it yourself.
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I make sure I play with people not very familar with the game and then bring seemingly crapy "official" looking customs. Then I wager on the game, When I win I get the big bucks. HA HA

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Don't do it, the FBI will come calling.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units