Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 12th, 2022, 02:35 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

deleted double posted message.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
part of this doesn’t mesh with my sensibilities, but I think I get it. It’s the reciprocal portion that puzzles me.
Likewise, fwiw. I'm not huge on investing in something I don't want as a product.

For me I was able to get enough interest in the terrain coupled with enough interest in resurrecting the IP and enough interest in the possibility of reselling the miniatures to be interested in backing one time. The 5+ super backer category for a set of uniques without anything new to the market in terms of terrain other than the walls is .... crazy to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2022, 02:40 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The 5+ super backer category for a set of uniques without anything new to the market in terms of terrain other than the walls is .... crazy to me.
Yeah, I only want two, but I would also just give Hasbro $1000 if they would start making HS again, so getting some extra sets is better than that.
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:42 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
part of this doesn’t mesh with my sensibilities, but I think I get it. It’s the reciprocal portion that puzzles me.
Likewise, fwiw. I'm not huge on investing in something I don't want as a product.

For me I was able to get enough interest in the terrain coupled with enough interest in resurrecting the IP and enough interest in the possibility of reselling the miniatures to be interested in backing one time. The 5+ super backer category for a set of uniques without anything new to the market in terms of terrain other than the walls is .... crazy to me.
I agree that would be usually crazy for me to have 5 sets of unique units when my old limit was 2. My only reason for justifying it beyond funding goals is because I still run game clubs at my school--Three different groups of 12 students each. So my extra sets would be for that.

And I would rather these youngsters play new Heroscape-- instead of them playing Arena of the Planeswalkers as a game built on Heroscape gameplay and mechanics.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:42 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
CMD
Death May Die is a fantastic game. Their campaign was also very exciting. But regardless of comparisons, I highly recommend the game to anyone who enjoys co-ops!
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:47 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Grungebob,

I believe Heroscape would be funded if it had an orignal goal to HeroQuest. Instead, I think that final numbers for HeroQuest forced the Heroscape campaign to double its goal, because the new measure for success had been established. I could be completely wrong about all of this, but nonetheless, it is my reason for still trying to back rather than pulling out. I want it to be known I would like the product and the price for this huge lot is okay for me.
It's less then 300 purchases away from hitting a million dollars. It totally will hit that at least. I do hope there is a real need for it to be at such a high $2M minimum goal, especially when compared to most other Kickstarters in general, and it's not just capitalistic "infinite growth is always possible" mindset. I feel their last few failed Haslabs have failed for having too high of a minimum to hit, especially for price of what's offered.

Also.....is the current transformer on Haslab supposed to be painted? It's already a third of the way done, and there's no paint job shown, or a statement whether it's supposed to be our not. I just don't think Haslabs campaigns are set up the best, period. It should be noted and appreciated how much updates to colors and page looks and videos have happened.

It's so strange how the designers seemed shackled to strange strange, minimal marketing strategies. I remember the war council stating they had a hard time being able to just post a play video to the page.......like what?

Upset City Baby.
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's also less than four days from having zero dollars. Hasbro is choosing to leave a lot of money on the table here. So it goes.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I read an article a while back about McRib. McDonalds creates false demand for the sandwich using a form of FOMO. In reality, the sandwich is not popular enough to stay on their menu full time. Their newest technique is to use social media to spread news that this time is the last time you’ll ever see McRib, but they’ve done this like 3 times in the past.

FOMO is something that I find abhorrent. Too many companies use it to pump numbers.

Even if this campaign fails, Hasbro is not going to abandon HeroScape. They do need to know that the difference between success and failure was completely in their control. All they had to do was be willing to put forth the same kind of risk they expect from their backers.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 12th, 2022, 02:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah they started with the statement “if this doesn’t fund, no more Heroscape”, and I personally felt that was pretty skeevy anyway. I’m not a fan of crowdfunding exclusives and everything, but this really felt like they tapped into desperation here rather than just having a good product. I’ve been sort of plenty of kickstarters and I’ve never once seen people feel the need to buy 2-10 full copies of the game just to keep it alive. That’s just…. Not right.
Old November 12th, 2022, 03:00 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
It's also less than four days from having zero dollars. Hasbro is choosing to leave a lot of money on the table here. So it goes.
Yeah, it's just silly to me. The only Kickstarters I managed to find that had a $2M minimum goal was a Shenmue sequel video game, the Veronica Mars movie and a new season of MST3K.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 12th, 2022, 03:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I agree with all of that, but like it or not, this is the situation we have been presented with. There is nothing pointing to another attempt if this doesn't succeed.
Old November 12th, 2022, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah they started with the statement “if this doesn’t fund, no more Heroscape”, and I personally felt that was pretty skeevy anyway. I’m not a fan of crowdfunding exclusives and everything, but this really felt like they tapped into desperation here rather than just having a good product. I’ve been sort of plenty of kickstarters and I’ve never once seen people feel the need to buy 2-10 full copies of the game just to keep it alive. That’s just…. Not right.
Technically they started with "Heroscape is back!" which was even grosser in retrospect.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion