Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 28th, 2020, 04:56 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Hangin in there

Oh wow, I love Rustic Overtones! Yeah it's incredibly tough for venues and small local bands especially. A few of my favorite spots to play have shut their doors for good, it's very sad. However a part of me thinks there'll be a flourish of art/musical involvement once this all gets better, and I'm looking forward to that. A lot of my close music buddies have been keeping busy writing which is all you can really do right now.

As for what I play, I've been drumming for about 13 years . My favorite groups right now have to be Hippo Campus, Sunset Rollercoaster, and Peach Pit (tho the list goes on).
This is one of my favorite live videos right now.

My band has been together for the past 2ish years and we have an EP and a couple singles out on Spotify/most other platforms. It's definitely been a great experience and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon

Keep up the practice! I could never get the hang of string instruments but I love the sounds you can make with em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
We're keeping it small here, just those in the household. My mother ended up working all day yesterday so we're celebrating today, she's a hospice nurse so she's been especially busy during covid times.

I feel like everyone in my town knows someone who has covid, it's getting pretty scary here. It's definitely taken a toll on me mentally, not being able to perform music as much as usual, taking a break from school, unable to find steady work. A bunch of new normals that are still sinking in during my early 20s.
A musician!

I'm a big fan of some indie musicians that are sort of middle-of-the-road famous. Jason Isbell; Phoebe Bridgers; the Old 97s. I don't doubt that they are enduring the pandemic well enough. I hope. I encourage you to look them up if you want, but they are not the ones I worry about. The musicians on my mind are the regional bands that (I've always suspected) depended on shows and merch sales and so on to support themselves.

Bands like the Rustic Overtones, from Maine:

Spoiler Alert!

And Mikaela Davis and Southern Star, from Rochester, New York:

Spoiler Alert!

Both amazing regional live acts. I've been lucky enough to see them. But what are they doing now? I imagine the members of both bands are fully committed, financially, to being musicians. What are they doing now? I hope they're well. I hope the world will be ready to embrace them, when the time comes, and they're ready to hit the road again.

Anyway. NS, what do you play? I'm a beginner ukulele player. And a beginner banjo player, and a beginner guitar player.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General