Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 13th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Future Cavalry

I think more double-spaced figures would be awesome, and I would want them to be unique enough and not something expected or ordinary, otherwise there will not really be a motivation to get them.

Suggestions:
-The orcs on dinosaurs idea is cool, but there's already tons of Utgar figures. They would have the potential to have really cool sculpts though.
-Centaurs would be a good unique addition to Ullar, where seemingly the random fantasy units go (Jotun, Theracus...)
-Mounted samurai/Native Americans would be cool, but not different enough.
-Perhaps something like Samurai would be good for Einar, but Einar is largely historical and that would be tough to reconcile with new ideas.
-Vydar is very futuristic, so maybe something like the agents on some sophisicated transport device would be cool.
-Aquilla could use some beetle-riding forest people/monks

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; December 14th, 2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
-Centaurs would be a good unique addition to Ullar, where seemingly the random units go (Jotun, Theracus...)
Random? Those are all fantasy-genre units (centaurs included).
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I know I posted the bear cavalry image some time ago, but it is still one of my favorite. Who knows, maybe we will see it some time.

Bears for Ullar:

Of course, if you don't like bears, there is always tigers for Einar:

And of course penguins -- an army, not cavalry for Vydar:
I'd LOVE to see the first 2 for Aquilla.

I've been playing WC lately, and Elves riding tigers are AWESOME!

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Platapus View Post
i think the problem with war elephants and orc mammoths is they are too big for being a 2 spaced figure
I've heard this before and I disagree. I think an elephant/mammoth could be a double-spaced figure if done carefully. The Dragons are all Double-based. Why would an elephant be any bigger than a dragon?

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old December 16th, 2008, 02:27 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Thats a good point. It's just the fat legs which concern me. Dragons have slender claws and limbs, elephants (and mammoths) have logs.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Thats a good point. It's just the fat legs which concern me. Dragons have slender claws and limbs, elephants (and mammoths) have logs.

Problem solved!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post

Problem solved!

-or we could make the elephants smaller. Some species are definetly larger than others.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:20 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe (looking at the ears) that's an Indian elephant, which is smaller than the African variety. Compared with the guys standing next to him, you could put that size elephant, standing on its hind legs, on one hex if you really wanted to. You might get weight distribution and balance issues, though, so two hexes could really make the thing work. Judging from some of the skill we've seen from the sculptors in the past, I don't think you need to make any big compromises at all-- you just can't have Return of the King-style Oliphaunts with the great big teams of human archers up top.

Now, if you use little goblin, gremlin, or brownie archers, that's an entirely different story...

Old December 19th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

We need a Road Warrior type motorcycle gang.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Hmm, there are only two kinds f non-extinct elephants, right?

Indian and African...

Indian is possible, but African or mammoths would be too big.

I've never heard of people riding African elephants in battle, anyways. A wild African elephant or a wild mammoth would be good. Both would have no riders.

in the GARNET CAVE...
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:07 AM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I would like to see a squad of cavalry that has the carry ability like Theracus or Brunak.

Picture a squad of 3 riding animals like Pegasi, or some giant insect with a saddle.

That way they all can move other figures around with them and you can customize your cavalry. Put your warriors of Ashra on the Pegasi, or maybe use them to ferry in a squad of archers to high ground?

If 3 mounts becomes too powerful, perhaps make them a pair. I have been eagerly waiting for another 2 unit squad. You could have 2 Gryphilions to go with Theracus, and perhaps they can bond with him to make a team of 3 flying mounts to bring in the troops.

It opens allot of possibilities.
Old December 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
I would like to see a squad of cavalry that has the carry ability like Theracus or Brunak.

If 3 mounts becomes too powerful, perhaps make them a pair. I have been eagerly waiting for another 2 unit squad.
Here's a novel way of accomplishing a similar effect: you make Jotun's two brothers (can't remember their names) a unique squad of two. You give them each a slightly better version of his throw power, but not make them powerhouses like their big brother. Then, they could just hang back and throw smaller units into battle. They're essentially acting like mounts, but it's a new and different way of implementing the strategy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion