Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 24th, 2007, 04:00 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
campaigns.

I did not see a topic on this, so please don’t get on my case if identical threads
Have been made. With SOTM coming to shelves those lucky devils who went to gen con have told us about a new element introduced in this new set, campaigns. If we are lucky more will be included with the jungle set. But do you have any thoughts on this new way to play heroscape? Personally I think hasbro could put out a set of campaigned maps witch advance the story and use new figures and terrain as they come out. a small comic along side the maps would make me like browsing www.heroscape.com allot more

I do art. Check it out.

http://insanelyzanter.deviantart.com/
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:36 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Most unintentionally funny thread title ever.
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
has been BANNED

CandyMakingMaster is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Campaigns

I think it would be more fun than just a single game.

Can't wait to get mine!
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Campains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
I did not see a topic on this, so please don’t get on my case if identical threads
Have been made. With SOTM coming to shelves those lucky devils who went to gen con have told us about a new element introduced in this new set, campaigns. If we are lucky more will be included with the jungle set. But do you have any thoughts on this new way to play heroscape? Personally I think hasbro could put out a set of campaigned maps witch advance the story and use new figures and terrain as they come out. a small comic along side the maps would make me like browsing www.heroscape.com allot more
Since you've spelled it correctly twice in your post, why not correct the title? I clicked on this thread just to see what in the world you were talking about!
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:29 AM

zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker zanter knows what's in an order marker
Ok i fixed it.

I do art. Check it out.

Old August 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM

jodokast is surprisingly tart
I'm a huge fan of campaigns. I think the progressive mini-story is a great way to move forward with the action.

Campaigns mean that it isn't over after one battle. Even if you lose a battle, you can still win the war.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM

ares834 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
But if your the heros and you lose it's game over.
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:50 PM

Re: campaigns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanter
Personally I think hasbro could put out a set of campaigned maps witch advance the story and use new figures and terrain as they come out. a small comic along side the maps would make me like browsing www.heroscape.com allot more
No thoughts on this?

I do art. Check it out.

Old August 24th, 2007, 06:04 PM

I'm in favor of it. I would like to see scenarios like Aaryglynn Fortress, but where the owner of the fortress is identified specifically. For instance, "Here's a castle, it belongs to Jandar, and a legion of Utgar forces are coming to bare upon it. Or here is a field that Einar controls, but Vydar gets greedy and comes after it." All this to the effect of establishing who controls what in Valhalla.

Also, it would be cool to see the alliance between Jandar, Ullar, Einar, and Vydar are somewhat shakey even though they've all teamed up against Utgar. Say Utgar is getting routed by this alliance, so Einar takes advantage of the shifted attention and attacks his neighbors. Something like that.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!

Think Safely!
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM

txedomask has disabled reputation
Here are the rules that my HS group uses for our campaigns.

We have a running campaign where units earn experience and can purchase abilities and upgrades after they have earned enough. If you kill a hero, Khosumet for example, the figure would earn 75 points. We have each of the squads broken down into point values as well. Marro Warriors are 12 points each, KMA are 33 points each, etc.

Each map also awards you with a certain amount of army points based on how well you do. On three player maps, first place gets 60 points, second gets 40, and last gets 20. Two player maps are 50 then 25. There is also a bonus glyph (brandar) on each map. If you are able to get the glyph and take it back to your starting area, you get bonus points equal to the lowest map reward (20 for three player, 25 for two player.)

After reaching 500 points, a hero or squad can purchase an ability. Each ability upgrade adds 25 to the unit cost. You choose from trees of abilities listed below.

Offense
500 - Attack +1
1000 - Accuracy 1 (May reroll one die that does not show a skull per attack)
1500 - Attack +2
2000 - Accuracy 2
2500 - Deadly Shot or Deadly Strike

Defense
500 - Defense +1
1000 - Block 1 (May reroll one die that does not show a shield per attack)
1500 - Defense +2
2000 - Block 2
2500 - Shields of Valor or Counterstrike

Agility
500 - Move +1
1000 - Disengage
1500 - Move +2
2000 - Ghost Walk
2500 - Stealth Dodge or Defensive Agility

Survival (Heroes Only)
500 - Life +1
1000 - Regeneration 1 (Instead of moving and attacking, you may heal 1 wound)
1500 - Life +2
2000 - Regeneration 2
2500 - Resurrection (At the beginning of each turn, you may roll a D20, if you roll a 19 or 20, you may bring this figure back in your starting area)
or Perfect Healing (once a turn, you may roll a D20 instead of moving and attacking, on a 15 or higher, remove all wounds from this figure.)

If you wish to select a tree outside of your specialization, it would cost twice the original price. For example if Jotun was specialized in Survival and he wanted to pickup defense +1, he would have to spend 1000 of experience in addition to the 25 points it adds to the unit cost.

We have tinkered around with other options in previous campaigns. The first campaign we did a random draft in which all the cards were shuffled together then dealt out in stacks of 5 to each player. They then chose one card out of the 5 then tossed the rest. The tossed cards were no longer draftable by anyone. You were allowed to pass twice and had to draft as close to 400 points as possible.

The second campaign, we broke down all of the units into good, evil and neutral armies, then into two factions in each army. Everyone was randomly assigned a faction and played it. Each player drafted a 600 point army to start, but was only allowed to field 400 of it in each game. As you earned more army points, you fielded whatever your total was minus 200. This allowed for people to have a sideboard depending on which map they were playing on and whose army they were against for that night.

The current campaign we started with 400 point armies and are swapping out characters between games as we choose. If you take a unit out of your army that has earned experience points, all of those points are forfeit even if you draft the figure again later.

txedomask is James Murphy
...in the LIBRARY...
Old August 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Many have come up with their own rules n such, I only remembered because I looked into it a while ago. I always thought it would be a cool idea.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=5042

There are a couple. I can't seem to find the one I'm looking for, I can't even remember who made it right now but it was fantastic. He put a lot of work into it. I'll keep searching, oh and if it means anything to anyone, his avatar was, for a while if not still, Marcus.

I'm psyched about the new MS even more after hearing about this though. I can't wait to try out the first part of the Campaign. And yea, Nene I think if Hasbro released a series of them, with maps and all, maybe even the story, it would be amazing.

EDIT: The name just randomly came to me, I'm pretty sure it was RichardD who devised those awesome campaign rules and such. I'll see if I can find them again.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I just finished work on a new style of campaign. It has similarities to some of the others that have come before it, but I think it provides a more "whole world" feel to it.

http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...=354209#382580

My friend and I will be starting a campaign of this sort in the next day or so.

Think Safely!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion