Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Most 'Mis-factioned' Unit?

Elemental Magic is like using a gun, It is not the Gun that is evil, Just how it is used.

Look at it this way: Where would you put a guy with a Machine gun? We cannot answer this question since we don't know why he is fighting.

The same holds true for our elemental. If he was a Elf, it would have been Ullar, Human maybe Jandar, Dwarf shaman? Aquilla. If he used some fancy Ray gun Vydar. It is your motives not your weapon.

Except for land mines and Flame throwers: EVIL!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM

Fireshadow is surprisingly tart

first of all, the elementals are constucts, so they have no life in the first place.
second kurrok is a magician just like the elves except he got put in utgar because of his hobgoblin status, and goblins, orcs and others of the like are slammed into utgar.
Just change kurrok to anything but a term associated with Utgar and he would be associated with another faction. Ullar or Aquilla would be just fine. Ullar, unlike Aquila, has magicians, and kurrok is a sorcerer. Honestly though, aren't we taking this game way too seriously if we are arguing about whether a guy is evil good, or whatever.
Also with the valkrill thing, WotC knew wave d3 was the last wave so there was no reason to add another general honestly, and if there was a reason we have yet to hear it.
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireshadow View Post
first of all, the elementals are constucts, so they have no life in the first place.
second kurrok is a magician just like the elves except he got put in utgar because of his hobgoblin status, and goblins, orcs and others of the like are slammed into utgar.
Just change kurrok to anything but a term associated with Utgar and he would be associated with another faction. Ullar or Aquilla would be just fine. Ullar, unlike Aquila, has magicians, and kurrok is a sorcerer. Honestly though, aren't we taking this game way too seriously if we are arguing about whether a guy is evil good, or whatever.
Also with the valkrill thing, WotC knew wave d3 was the last wave so there was no reason to add another general honestly, and if there was a reason we have yet to hear it.
Well, my little padawan, I guess we now have the nub of the problem. You see elementals as nothing more than constructs, I see them as creatures from another plane. This is, in the end, a philosophical debate which can have no answer. In the game, however, they do have souls, as was debated in this thread so I feel that my interpretation is consistent with the game. It is also consistent with the Dungeons and Dragons interpretation. On the other hand (from the Drizzt novels) we know that gnomes and other non-evil creatures do use elementals for their purpose. So I guess I'm something of a revolutionary.

Elementals Rights Now!

I've always had a soft spot for the underdog.
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:02 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
In the game, however, they do have souls, as was debated in this thread
I would love to see this thread, but your link seems wrong. Could you correct it please ?
Old April 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Stirring up more debate:
If you look at D&D, all color Dragons are evil, metallic Dragons are good and Gem Dragons are Neutral....
Therefore all the current Dragons in Heroscape should be either Valkrill, Utgar or Vydar(Red, Black, Blue, Green, White). If they came out with a Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper or Brass Dragon they would be another General. Gem Dragons like Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, and Sapphire would fall into Aquilla and Ullar. Einar should not have Dragons based of them being more Historical figures and Dragons are Fantasy.
Also Gurei-Oni is an Orge which is also Fantasy and should have been Ullar or Vydar. But I do know he is Oriental in nature which fall along the lines of Samurai and Ninja's.

Last edited by wolfeman1968; April 1st, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:51 PM
This is genius...

The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker The Disciplined Soldier knows what's in an order marker

Valguard to Utgar, he's just too wild for Einar.
Elite Onyx Vipers; these look more Vydar to me, but, I know, Ullar is viper HQ.

Einar is the best general... End of argument...
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
Stirring up more debate:
If you look at D&D, all color Dragons are evil, metallic Dragons are good and Gem Dragons are Neutral....
Therefore all the current Dragons in Heroscape should be either Valkrill, Utgar or Vydar(Red, Black, Blue, Green, White). If they came out with a Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper or Brass Dragon they would be another General. Gem Dragons like Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Amethyst, and Sapphire would fall into Aquilla and Ullar. Einar should not have Dragons based of them being more Historical figures and Dragons are Fantasy.
Also Gurei-Oni is an Orge which is also Fantasy and should have been Ullar or Vydar. But I do know he is Oriental in nature which fall along the lines of Samurai and Ninja's.
Yes and no for the dragons being for Utgar,Valkrill and Vydar. First off, the setting of Wave 2 D&D, which the dragons are in, is in Eberron. Also, Vydar was not "evil" at the time.
Eberron setting for D&D:
Spoiler Alert!

As for the huge Dragons, they are from a Heroscape world and they do not always get along because of different views. They also wanted to give every general their own Dragon to make it fair. Sadly, Aquilla came in too late and she never got her own official huge dragon. So all the dragons are ok in faction setting wise.

On the other hand, I also did not like the Frost Giant going to Utgar. Jandar always had the Ice/Snow Theme when it came to those types of units.

Last edited by iceman3317; April 1st, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:19 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
Stirring up more debate:
Yeaaah.......... that is how dragons are like from DnD planets, but the full grown dragons (other than Moltenclaw and Othkurik) are from Icaria and I think they may be a slightly different breed of Dragon (I don't know I'm not the designers). Another thing the dragons from Icaria were a part of heroscape before anything DnD related came along into Valhalla so I don't think the Icarian dragons have to follow the same classifications set up by DnD.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; April 1st, 2013 at 11:20 PM. Reason: ninja'd

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units