Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Water Elemental
Fire Elemental
Air Elemental
Earth Elemental
This reminds me of the old elements/generals discussion that comes up occasionally. I wonder if we will someday see:

Wood Elemental
Metal Elemental

(Are there such elementals in D&D minis?)
No. Aside from the main ones, there were lesser ones like Storm, Ooze, and Smoke. Not sure if those carried into 4.0 though, as I haven't taken a look at manual of the planes. There was a mineral elemental a long time ago, but there haven't been any miniatures of any of the other types of elementals to my knowledge, just other 'types' of elementals, like Salamandars and Firebats and Archons and Xorns.

Quote:
Here's how you get six classical elements. You combine the four Greek ones and the five Chinese ones:

Greek elements: air, earth, fire, water
Chinese elements: earth, fire, metal, water, wood

And wala! Six elements. Perfect.
Add Japanese and you have:
Air, Earth, Fire, Water, and 'Aether' (often translated as either Void, Heaven, Sky, etc).
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:

Elixer of Speed - Meh? Would be good to give a Wyvern for kidnapping or maybe Tor-Kul-Na but one-shot Move boosting doesn't seem THAT great (at first glance anyway)...could be useful in scenarios, though.

Tor Kul Na with the move +4 move sounds awesome.
Unless you end up rolling a 1 on your first Trample Stomp attempt.

Has anyone had any ideas for painting/marking Wyvern multiples? I've been considering painting the rocks on the base; any other ideas?
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:00 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

maybe paint the eyes different colors?
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I was thinking the same thing, Grim. I was sort of bummed they "switched" the water and air elementals, because I thought DocHex's argument was so compelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Quote:
Water Elemental
Fire Elemental
Air Elemental
Earth Elemental
This reminds me of the old elements/generals discussion that comes up occasionally. I wonder if we will someday see:

Wood Elemental
Metal Elemental

(Are there such elementals in D&D minis?)
No. Aside from the main ones, there were lesser ones like Storm, Ooze, and Smoke. Not sure if those carried into 4.0 though, as I haven't taken a look at manual of the planes. There was a mineral elemental a long time ago, but there haven't been any miniatures of any of the other types of elementals to my knowledge, just other 'types' of elementals, like Salamandars and Firebats and Archons and Xorns.
Going back 17+ years to the last time I played D&D, the elementals were:

Ash, Fire, Brilliance (not sure I'm remembering that right),
Magma,
Dust, Earth, Mineral,
Ooze,
Salt, Water, Steam,
Ice,
Vacuum, Air, Lightning,
Smoke

Last edited by dok; February 17th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

I have to write the I'm almost totally turned off by this coming wave. It's missing the HS flavor that I love so much. It's like blobs of plastic a 3 year old would make with play-doh. I also dislike that they are mixing uncommon heroes with common squads in sets and I will have all those other play-doh figures collecting dust. I hope future waves return to the roots of HS - well made and well defined heroes or squads that are nice to look at and play with. This might be the first wave that I pass.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
I have to write the I'm almost totally turned off by this coming wave. It's missing the HS flavor that I love so much. It's like blobs of plastic a 3 year old would make with play-doh. I also dislike that they are mixing uncommon heroes with common squads in sets and I will have all those other play-doh figures collecting dust. I hope future waves return to the roots of HS - well made and well defined heroes or squads that are nice to look at and play with. This might be the first wave that I pass.
Funny even before D&D I was expecting elemental forces. It just made sense. As for the "blobs of playdoh" I have no idea how a water or fire creature would look. I think the translucent plastic was a smart move. Really, the two humans from the master set could pass for historic/mythic figures, we already had dwarves and the other creatures only add to the deversity.

Personally I will imagin the elementals as scientific experiments gone horribly wrong since many of the first horror movies featured creatures that look (and act like the cards predispose) just like this.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:33 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation

Quote:
Shun the non-believer! Shun!
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:37 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Quote:
While I do not agree with HHM's opinion, this sort of attitude of conformity or else is not good for the website. He is entitled to his own opinion. I know you are being sarcastic, but that seems to be the majority view of the new D&D movement.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I understand what you're talking about. However, I feel that the lizardmen are something I've wanted for sometime now.

Just buy what you want and if it's something that's got a figure or 2 that you don't want, trade/sell them. That's what I've been doing ever since I've been buying Heroscape. That to me is what makes it great that they've come out with "uncommon heroes". It makes it to where you won't be stuck with some "unique" type figures that nobody wants duplicates of.

Great job guys, keep up the good work!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Yes,I understand you as well. In fact I didn't like it when we first heard the news,but I got to the point where I love it. Elementals have no real forme. They are just matter that has formed together to create something that has it's own type of life. I would have liked the old elementals anyways,but these are just as great. Before DnD even started in Heroscape,we used them to make our own figures,but when they make them we get bad. That really isn't right. I'm not saying you are mad,just disappointed. Not all the game play is about the looks,but the way they act in play. We should be thankful that we are even getting new stuff.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
To me these seem and feel a lot like a HS figure. Seeing the other DnD minis out there and some of the figures that the custom people use (no offense) make these fit in perfectly. My own opinion. I'm not trying to bash you or anything. I'm just disagreeing. Everyone seems to like the translucent figures.

Now my question is, if I can see a figure through the fire elemental or the wind elemental, can I still attack as I can see their target zone? I mean technically it seems like I should be able to.
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Quote:
While I do not agree with HHM's opinion, this sort of attitude of conformity or else is not good for the website. He is entitled to his own opinion. I know you are being sarcastic, but that seems to be the majority view of the new D&D movement.
Oh c'mon he's clearly kidding. Nothing wrong with hate for the D&D, but nothing wrong with ribbing somebody either.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News