Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 9th, 2009, 10:04 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 'Scapers Sound Off

Because murder or suicide would result from me having to listen to people make pokenoises every time their little vocally retarded creatures attack/defend/move.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm against it. If they take the direction of all these licences, then it will water down the core game. I like Heroscape the way it is. It doesn't need G.I.Joe or Star Wars to make it a good game, that people like, it already is. Does it need a big name to make it more profitable? The debate on that could go on for hours. However I'll point out Marvel's failure to sell in large numbers as a sign that a big name license won't fire up sales.

We have Marvel, it didn't do well and now its a dead line. Sorry Marvel fans, but at this point its clear. Personally, I always felt it was a stand alone game, not meant to be mixed. I belive I'm not alone. I see lots of events being held that don't allow Marvel, and in all the tourny's I've attended, (19) only one has allowed for Marvel.

I've been against DnD from the start. This steams more from a belife that its WoTC's attempt to make Heroscape another DnD game, not so much from an oversaturation of licenses. However, the two do go hand in hand.

Honestly, if given a choice between licensed 'scape, or no more 'scape, I'd prefer the latter. To inject these other tittles into Heroscape, feels a bit like a tv show that has lots of big name guest stars to cover for the fact that its not a good show. Heroscape, however, is a good show...er, game rather, and doesn't need these "guest stars".

Finally, someone mentioned using DnD's warforged as a way to bolster Vydar's ranks. I'm all for more units for Vydar, but DnD doesn't really offer things that really fit Vydar's image. Sudema not with standing. So, for me, to trot out a warforged and try to present it as a soulborg, or soulborg alternative, will be jumping the shark.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

After seeing what Colby, Chris, and Jerry can do with the D&D stuff, I'd play My Little PonyScape™ if they and/or CVN/Rob/etc. were behind it, and it had Heroes and Squads represented. Although the scale would probably be a bit off.

I think that Heroscape is a tremendously robust gaming system capable of melding all kinds of genres and licenses together. Don't read anything into this- I don't really know any more about the future than you guys. I'm just saying that I think the mechanics can integrate whatever we throw at it; D&D has shown me that units can be designed to be faithful to the source material and Heroscape just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Serious deja vu in this thread...

Regardless, Jexik said it as well as I ever could've. I'll play AnythingScape because the core Heroscape system is flexible enough to adapt anything and make it interesting. The game's the thing.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:19 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

There are things that fit & things that don't. As cool & well done as Marvelscape was done, it did not EXACTLY fit because they did not follow any generals & their power level. I love it and wish they would come out with more. They were close in releasing wave 1
I know this is a long shot but release DC & Marvel with the Jotun Rule (225 or under only) An example would be that Superman would be out but Robin would fit. Robin would follow Aquilla and not go over 200. The only problem would be that most customers would prefer to own Superman. I'm sure between the designers & play testers, these thoughts have been hashed out a lot.
Of all the ideas listed, I think Thundercats would fit the best. A mix of scifi, magic & swordplay.
How about wave 13 to be 4 different venues. An universe a pack. Thundercats, Starwars, GI Joe & Transformers. They are my favorites. There is a large part of me that would like this to happen & it would be profitable but they would not EXACTLY fit.
D&D fits pretty well. I am for it.
I have a lot of mixed viewpoints on this. The fanboy in me wants certain things to come out but the logical side of me sees how it would not be feesable.
If you still want that Storm Shadow figure, your best bet is to take an extra ROTV figure, pop him of the base & ......

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Anything that keeps the game alive and profitable.

(Definition: Alive and profitable - adj. financially worthwhile in its classic form. If licenses become the norm, I'm out. As long as they remain an occasional marketing ploy that puts a new twist on the game and brings us new goodies, I'm in).
I'm in this group. Just like any responsible business, the future changes to Scape are going to be based on profitability first and coolness second. If they think they can get more people buying Scape or make some money with LotRScape when the Hobbit movie comes out, then they'll do it.

Personally, I'd rather see them take some thematic element from whatever genre they're trying to make money on and incorporate that. Meaning: D&D is about slaying the dragon. Let's see an official push to make three player games viable where two people are fighting one of those mammoth D&D dragons. Lair-based fighting.

The World of Warcraft CCG has an interesting element where someone runs the raid/dungeon (like Molten Core or Onyxia) and all the other players play the dungeon crawlers. I guess would be DescentScape.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think people are crazy when they say they don't want a certain license or theme of Heroscape produced.

If it makes money so more Heroscape happens I am all for it!

They don't have to buy it, but I think a lot of folks that would never have tried 'scape would try it if it was tied to something they already loved.

My mother has watched me play Heroscape with my father, my sister, my wife, and now my young son. And she has never wanted to play. But she has said she would actually buy Star Wars figures and play if they came out. The only other Star Wars things my mom owns are the movies, but she'd buy 'Scape Wars?!?

Man, It boggles my mind that 'Scape Wars hasn't already happened. If the D&D reusing already made figures works out, I am sooo hopeful that they'll do it with Star Wars.

My son would loooove to move a Pikachu across a map and say, "PikaPikaPika!"

And I would love frying his little yellow rear with Charizard.

Snake eyes vs Storm Shadow?

Yes!

Please!

Thundercats?

Really?

Mumm-Ra?

Snarf?

Okay, maybe there are some lines that don't need to be crossed...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old December 9th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Dirtboy is surprisingly tart

Anything can promote the game and give us a few extras would be great... but.. with Star Wars and GI Joe I wonder how it would work without vehicles or artillery pieces? That is one of the main differences if you ask me. And Marvel? no squads is what makes this game so much different from classic scape. Squads could be incorporated into StarWars or GI Joe very easily. I can see the lure of making all of these games but then we'll end up with the same as Marvel, a one off game with no extras beyond the first release. I feel any new versions need to be able to meld into classic scape to make everything sell together. I would love a GI Joe version, but without enough figures to have an all out battle using all my existing terrain? I feel it would be a waste and the guys would sit next to my Marvel set.
No matter what direction they go D&D, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, GI Joe, Lord of the Rings, historical, or whatever just give us enough squads and heroes that work together with the terrain we have. I'd buy 50 official figures for a Marvel game if they were available... the same with any of the other suggestions on here. They just need to make them available.

And Pokemon? um..... no. lol
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

I would like to see a little bit of Star Wars Scape, a few expansions at most. Get some of the more prominent figures (Darth Vader, Obi-Wan) and some of the more obscure figures from the comics and books. Include Han, Leia (with her red lightsaber!). I think there's only so far they can drag it out without getting repetitive. Clones with an Order 66 betrayal special would be cool

DC: Batman would be a cool figure, that's the most I care about

Marvel: I'm still waiting on the Punisher! Nuff' said

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Marvel: I'm still waiting on the Punisher! Nuff' said
You and me both.

Old December 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

And another positive on any of the above licenses being Scapized, would be the addition of new terrain pieces as well. We are only discussing the figures, but think of the ruins from RoTV or the Hive or the Marvel building thing....Something from StarWars/LotR in this style, alone would be worth a release of any of those mentioned above...regardless of the redundancy of the figures themes w/ current Scape figures...
Old December 9th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I listen to the doom and gloom about DnD set, and I desperatly hope that there is some BAMF in that set that turns the game on its head. But he won't be broken, and will meld with normal Scape well.

Something that I am dying to see, other then the cards , is a possible release party. My local game store is closed, unfortunately, and the nearest one is 45 minutes away! But my idea would be those that get the set will bring their copies, and you will select a group of people to be your DM's. Then you form groups of five, with one DM and 4 normal players. You assign those players with one of the heros, that I assume will be in the same point district. They then have to do some Dungeon crawl games against the DM, where they are working against the DM.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion