Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM

Classicsmiley is surprisingly tart
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Great work, guys! These all look really good!

I'm a little curious why the Wyvern's Talon Grab and the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab both specify that the unit to be moved must be an opponent's unit. Neither of the abilities inflict damage, and it seems like they could be useful in getting your own units out of (or into, if you want) trouble. Was it a cost issue, or an issue with the powers becoming to wordy and/or complex?

Old February 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Man, if I'm understanding the air elemental's powers. It's really going to cramp my melee style. Get a few of these guys set up in front of your ranged pod and my knights will just fall by the bucketloads as they try to swarm the ranged pod. The air elemental(s) will slow them down majorly!

Edit -

For all you Marvel lovers - you can use the Earth Elemental as the Thing!
Theoretically, if someone were to field an entire army of Air Elementals, a melee army could do nothing about that. (Also theoretically, if they played an army of 6 or so Air Elementals, they could set up the wall to protect a ranged pod, like you said).

It'll definitely hurt melee.
Old February 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

What about a figure that has disengage (or one that wants to pass and risk the leaving engagement strike) moving past the Air Elemental?

It's stopped initially, but on the next turn can it walk past the Air Elemental or is is stopped after moving just one (becoming adjacent) and then stopped again when moving away since it would still be within 2 spaces?

-insert signature here-
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
It's stopped initially, but on the next turn can it . . . is is stopped after moving just one (becoming adjacent) and then stopped again when moving away since it would still be within 2 spaces
this one
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Man, if I'm understanding the air elemental's powers. It's really going to cramp my melee style. Get a few of these guys set up in front of your ranged pod and my knights will just fall by the bucketloads as they try to swarm the ranged pod. The air elemental(s) will slow them down majorly!
You might need to switch to Minions or Sentinels.
Who lose a Defense die. Lose-lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Also, I love the Wyvern. The snatch power and being a spider-bonding predator is absolutely amazing. I had always had a problem using spider-bonding because either the spiders died quickly or Sujoah did, and now the spiders have a common predator to bond with. 4x Spiders, Sujoah, and 2-3 Wyverns sounds like a blast to me!
The Wyvern can place a figure among your spiders, who can then steal an order marker from him.

Old February 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicsmiley View Post

I'm a little curious why the Wyvern's Talon Grab and the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab both specify that the unit to be moved must be an opponent's unit. Neither of the abilities inflict damage, and it seems like they could be useful in getting your own units out of (or into, if you want) trouble. Was it a cost issue, or an issue with the powers becoming to wordy and/or complex?
My guess is game balance more than anything since I can see a whole bunch of abusive game issues if they could move friendlies with these powers especially since there is no roll to activate those powers (at least for the Wyvern).

Newb.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

In D&D these units do not move their own guys around. That is just a theme break.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:

Edit -

For all you Marvel lovers - you can use the Earth Elemental as the Thing!
You can use Gilbert, if you roll enough to move knights or whatever within 2 spaces of it, you can then use the Knights actual turn to complete the adjacency.

I also think the existence of the Air Elemental in the draft, especially once the Elementalist gets released, will improve the desirability of large melee figures. The Air Elemental can't do anything about Templar, Deathstalkers, Brunak, etc.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Quote:

My guess is game balance more than anything since I can see a whole bunch of abusive game issues if they could move friendlies with these powers especially since there is no roll to activate those powers (at least for the Wyvern).

Newb.
Yes a power where you can carry a friendly figure without a d20 would be broken, especailly with flying.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is it accepted that flying figures are not affected by Swirling Vortex?
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Is it accepted that flying figures are not affected by Swirling Vortex?
Yes. TheGuru wrote the preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Quote:

Newb.
Yes a power where you can carry a friendly figure without a d20 would be broken, especailly with flying.
A friendly figure that was engaged by enemies would be (Theracus has limitations which the Wyvern doesn't).

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News