Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 5th, 2011, 10:40 PM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
Re: Lawton/Fort Sill (monthly?) Heroscape Tournament

Um... WOW! Had our Tournament today and WOW! A few surprises to be sure! Given the Ice/Snow storms that have pummeled our area the last few days, the low turnout was not to surprising, it was the RESULTS that took everyone by storm. I'll try and get the results up tomorrow (tomorrow is the Superbowl right? Ok, so maybe monday), but WOW! I look forward to our March (5th) tournament. This should be good...

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM

Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker Lord Trask knows what's in an order marker

Rich,

Great post! It really piqued my interest. Now, what happened?
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM

Larry:
Ooops. I guess with all the weather chaos this week, I lost my mind. I'll get it typed up today, along with the information for the next tournament (March 5th). Thanks for the kick...

...the rich
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM

The February Tournament, WOW! Due to a bit of bad scheduling (on my part, sorry gang) we had a low turnout, only 10 players, but what a tournament it was none the less. This month, we ran on triangular fields, with 3 players to a field, and only 15 places in their starting zones. So each match we were going to have 1 winner and 2 losers. Made for quite the battle, but you would never have guessed how good a battle it was. And with 1 “Bye” rotating around, it made for a lot of chaos to boot. We edited the tournament to 4 Matches (instead of 5), but extended the rounds to 50 minutes. Give everyone a fair chance to play. That worked out much better. But you don’t want to hear me ramble about mechanics, you want to hear about the winners, so here they are:
  • Rainbow Star. 3-1. She had a team of Theracus, Iron Man and Spider Man (more on her later).
  • Tearza. 3-1. She fielded Aubrien Archers, a few Red Wyrmlings, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, EOV’s and Raelin 80.
  • Heather G. 2-2. Soulborgs galore with DW9, DW8, Zettian Guards and a set of Deathstalkers.

That’s Right, the Top 3 were all Gals! Actually, 4 or the top 5 were young ladies as Goosebumps (Sarah) came in at 5th.

But back to our winner, Rainbow Star (A.K.A. Lily). Lily is the younger daughter of Karen & Greg, the store owners (Sarah is their older daughter), and she is either 6 or 7 years old (I cannot remember)! Smart as a whip, and as sweet and kind and my little mei-mei (who is also 7). Apparently, during the horrible weather we’ve been having, which has resulted in lots of school closing and horrible road conditions, Greg and Sarah have been playing a lot of HeroScape. Well, Lily wanted to play too. She received a set of Marvel Figures from me for being such a good helper during the National HeroScape Day event a few months back, so she wanted to play her new men! She assembled a team and spent all week practicing with them (her reading skill really are quite good). Then, when I got there Saturday to assemble the fields, Greg came up to me and asked if it would be OK for her to play, I said “Sure.” The more the merrier. Who knew she was going to pound on everyone! Everyone better look out at the next tournament as she’s a force to be reckoned with. Lily also took the Fellowship Award as almost everyone voted for her! GREAT JOB Lily!

Our #3 place gal, Heather, was also new to the tournament (as was our #4 player, Jess). We have a lot of new, young talent joining up it looks like. The “Old Guard” of players better be looking over their shoulders. The winds of change are coming.

Next Month’s tournament will feature 2 special rules, “Uncommon Uniques” (where your “Unique” army cards are considered “Uncommon,” and thus you can play multiples of them) and a Special, SECRET Rule that will be revealed on the day of the tournament, so be ready!

Now if you will excuse me, now that Lily has played, my daughter is begging to learn since her buddy Lily has. Two 7-year olds in one tournament, this could be interesting…….

...the rich
Old March 2nd, 2011, 01:24 PM

"Uncommon Uniques" tournament clarification:
If you are choosing to play multiple Unique SQUADS, then just run them as you would a Common Squad (any on the field, up to the maximum number listed on the card). They are still considered Unique for game purposes, but you can have multiples of. Special Abilities that work with the squad (such as the Tarn Vikings Movement) apply only to the maximum number listed on the card (Viking Movement says to move ALL, but for this instance, that means up to 4). The rules on the Unique Squads were designed for one card only, so this multiple thing can be a little confusing. Use common sense or ask me if you need a ruling. Thanks and see you saturday...

...the rich
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

ughh... lawton is an hour and a half away... Plus I dunno if i wanna be humiliated by 7 year olds

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_llama View Post
  • Robert (4-0). He had an elemental mixed army, lead by Kurrok and backed by some rats and Raelin 80.
Hello all,

I've sent Demon-Llama a PM but I thought it might be worth asking in the thread too: does anyone know which Elementals were in this army? I'm collecting data for the Champion for a Day project.

Thanks!
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
  • Robert (4-0). He had an elemental mixed army, lead by Kurrok and backed by some rats and Raelin 80.
Hello all,

I've sent Demon-Llama a PM but I thought it might be worth asking in the thread too: does anyone know which Elementals were in this army? I'm collecting data for the Champion for a Day project.

Thanks!
Let me look back and see what tournament that was (title) and I'll check the paperwork on it. Let you know tomorrow...

...or I can find it now.
Robert ran: Kurrok, Deathreavers x2, Fire Elemental x2, Earth Elemental x2, Water Elemental x2, Air Elemental x2 and Railin 80. The tournament special rules required each player to field at least one army card from each faction.
Hope that helps with your research

...the rich

Last edited by demon_llama; March 6th, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: found the information
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks!
Let me look back and see what tournament that was (title) and I'll check the paperwork on it. Let you know tomorrow...

...or I can find it now.
Robert ran: Kurrok, Deathreavers x2, Fire Elemental x2, Earth Elemental x2, Water Elemental x2, Air Elemental x2 and Railin 80. The tournament special rules required each player to field at least one army card from each faction.
Hope that helps with your research
Yep. Not only did you find the answer, it was the answer I wanted (all the different elementals included)! Thank you.
Old March 16th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Well, the march tournament has come and gone, and everyone brought their Unique Armies to build on the fun. The primary rule was “Unique Only” and you could play them as “Uncommon,” meaning you could play multiples of the same Unique, and there was that “secret special” rule. Hummm….

There really was not a lot of “multiples” on one army, had 3 Cap’s by one player (who filled in his points with 4 Isamu). Had a number of Syvarris, Charos, EOV’s and Elf Wizards in general. Good mix. We almost had 14 Squads of Marro Warriors (E’Ghad!), but Greg had to sit out this tournament in order to run the store. Shame, that could have been interesting. So the players sat down for Match one, then that “secret special rule” was read:

“BROTHER !!!!
As you stand on the field of battle, looking to the far side to size up your enemy, you see ___________ (blank), your long lost Twin Brother (or Sister or Thingie). Elated at the sight of the relative you have not seen since you were a toddler, the two of you decide to head off to the local Pub to share a Pint or two and catch up on old times.”

Simply, if you and your opponent had the same (army card) then that card was removed from the match. If there were multiple matches, then multiples were removed, but always The same amount of points was always removed from each side, keeping game balance. It threw some people for a loop (I think in the 5 matches, poor Goosebumps only played her Charos once due to the Brother thing. Too funny).

Anyway, our top three this time were:
  • Robert. 5-0. he had a bunch of Elves with Syvarris, 2 Kyntela Gwyn, Ulginesh, Emirroon, Arkmer and 3 Chardris.
  • Larry W. 3-2. this was the return of Captain America (and his brothers), with 3 Cap’s and 4 Isamu.
  • Brin. 3-2. Brin didn’t (technically) double up anything, he played Sgt. Drake 110 and 170, Mika Connour, Agent Carr, Redskull and Marcu Esenwein.
Our Fellowship Award winner was Larry W. this time. That was great since he’s actually never won the Fellowship, odd considering how long he has been playing with us. Still, well earned. Great guy to play against, just a lot of fun (until Cap dies!).

Look for next month’s tournament (listed in Post #1), “Build Your Own Tournament,” which will be on April 2nd!

See you there...

...the rich
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM

Oops. Somehow I forgot to post the April 30th Rules. My mistake, I am sorry.

Also, the next tournament will be May 28th. Details to follow later...

...the rich
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM

May 28th Tournament rules posted. I do not have a date set for June yet, need to talk to Karen and see what day works.

Also, due to my son's graduation, I will not be marshalling this tournament, Greg from the store will. I will go help set up, go to the graduation, and then come tare down. Should be a fun day of running

Good gaming everyone...

...the rich

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events