Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: HoSS Map Contest - Win Auggie's Gift Cards!

Entries are due 11:59 PM on April 21st, so just over 3 days left to get your maps posted! (I'm looking at you Typhon)
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Note (from Wookieepedia):
Quote:
Yavin 4 was one of three habitable moons orbiting the gas giant Yavin. It was mainly covered in jungle and rainforest.
We have some good entries for Yavin IV already, but I'd like to see a good jungle map or two to compare.
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't have much for ideas for Yavin. It just was not featured all that much in the movies to have an iconic location in mind. I'd like to try and make the map from the Battlefront game but that is about it.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:28 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Great, thanks HS2010.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:17 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Many/most of our Force wielding characters will have the Force Leap special power. This power is posted in the playtesting thread, but basically it allows a figure to leap 3 spaces and over objects, much like Drake's Grapple Gun. So the idea here is to prevent (or at least conisder) Force Characters from being too powerful on a map by allowing them to simply leapfrog from one high point to the next across the map.
Old April 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Many/most of our Force wielding characters will have the Force Leap special power. This power is posted in the playtesting thread, but basically it allows a figure to leap 3 spaces and over objects, much like Drake's Grapple Gun. So the idea here is to prevent (or at least conisder) Force Characters from being too powerful on a map by allowing them to simply leapfrog from one high point to the next across the map.
Gotcha Porkins, thanks. Very interesting.

Old April 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM

Tatooine. Desert planet of sand and rock, where a few hardy settlers eke out a harsh existence amidst the watelands on their moisture farms. Using moisture vaporators, they collect precious molecules of water from the arid atmosphere and pump them into underground chambers where, protected from the scorching heat of Tatooine's twin suns, crops can be raised. But who will defend them as the arm of the Empire grows longer?....

Intended as a competitive BoSS map, with standard 24-hex SZs (coterminous with the large dungeon plates, for easy visual reference). Glyphs mark the all-important water vaporators, on which life depends, while surrounding pools of shadow, protected from the sun, represent the subterranean chambers of the moisture farms into which the precious liquid flows.

This map tries to make the most of limited terrain, while still evoking the landscape of Tatooine. Figures with Force Leap will find lots of options for leaping over rock outcrops and maneuvering between the shadows and perches.

EDIT: Feedback from the HoSS crew appreciated! There's still time for me to tweak it, if you have suggestions. Particularly since I know so little about HoSS units and abilities (and needs).... For example, if I were playing vanilla 'Scape on this map, I'd suggest that the glyphs should be relatively strong, otherwise there might be insufficient reason to leave the central high ground. But if many figures might have Force Leap, and/or Force Push, or defenses against ranged, etc., that might change the relative valuation of things.

EDIT2: Already tweaked, and have updated the link and pic below. This version reduces the number of sand tiles at level-4 in the middle (from four to two), and adds single rock perches at level-4 at the very corners. Also rearranges a few other tiles, for better aesthetics and play.

Moisture Farms Download PDF
Uses: 2 BftU

Last edited by Typhon2222; April 21st, 2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: updated Moisture Farms.
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Build Instructions & Scenario Rules

I went with a special rules type of map. It requires 2 RoTV, 1 BFTU, 1 FoTA and a lot of sand tiles from booster packs. The special rules can be found in the link above.

Design note: I couldn't quite decide on having the right side (the side with the flag) of the large 'ship' elevated from the other half. If I did that I had to elevate the two smaller ships as well, or it was too easy to simply get some ranged for player 2 and load them over there. This made the ladders uneven, so in the end I just put it back to all equal. As to my understanding of the Ladder rules in the FoTA rulebook (and which was pretty clear in the pictured example of a Tarn Viking), a figure can move onto the top rung of a ladder and then simply move over 1 space to the adjacent ladder's top rung, making movement between ships simple.

I can answer any other specific questions about the map and how it played.

edit: there is an error in the build instructions, I'll fix it in a couple of hours when I have the time. Fixed! I changed some things back to an earlier version and fixed the tiles that were on the wrong level, put the battlements facing the right way etc.

Last edited by TheSparkleInYourWater; April 21st, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Cool maps guys!

Remember, everyone, you still have today to get your maps in!
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Cool maps guys!

Remember, everyone, you still have today to get your maps in!
Can I submit updated versions of my maps in about an hour? I'm not entirely sure about what the deadline is.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:07 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Deadline will be midnight Central time. We are flexible though.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old April 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Updated versions of two of my maps-

Into the Sands (Version 2)
Takes 1 RotV, 1 SotM

Download PDf

Added the glyph of Thorian to "shorten" the map and draw figures to the center, as well as wound and initiative to the sides. Thorian is meant to simulate a sandstorm or the like.

Yavin Skies (Version 2)
Takes 1 RotV, 1 FotA, 2 RttFF

Download PDf

Made the start zones even (12 on each side of the river), and added treasure glyphs next to the hills, as well as other aesthetic changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games