Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 17th, 2010, 09:14 PM

Duncan knows what's in an order marker Duncan knows what's in an order marker
Duncan's Intense Heroscape Maps

Greetings I am Duncan and these are my intense Heroscape maps.

Let me know what you think.

If you were looking for more Superhero themed maps take a look at this thread. - http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28791

Duncan's Spaceship Map:

Beyond the world of Valhalla lies a protective asteroid belt. Those who dare enter find the odds stacked against them.

This particular ship has crashed into a large asteroid along the outskirts of the belt. The ship’s cargo that was never meant to be open has been unleashed on the unsuspecting crew.

The Ancient Sleeping Dragon.

Thousands of years ago, one of the Giant Dragons went to sleep in his lair. As the dragon slept the very earth arose around him and encased him in a shell of rock.

Some who enter this deep cavern believe that beyond the dragon is a wealth of ancient treasures. So far none have been able to find a way around this behemoth.

Plus the threat of it waking up has most scared to even try.

The Shaolin Training Ground

Clouds surround the ancient peaks of the monks training grounds. Here is the place to find peace and become one with the universe.

That is until some high flying Kyrie distrub this tranquil setting.

Large Expansion Packs Unite

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

-Sun Tzu The Art of War

Last edited by Duncan; February 5th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Duncan's Intense Heroscape Maps

Whoa! The Shaolin Training Ground is simply amazing! +rep

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love how you used snow tiles to represent clouds on Shaolin Training Ground.
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! Nice work.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:22 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I love Shaolin Training Ground! Any chance of a VS file? Id love to try it out.
Old January 18th, 2010, 12:40 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

Love the Shaolin Training Ground. Any chance at the instructions?
Old January 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

What? No one mentions the Sleeping Dragon? It's a MAP on a giant frikking dragon! I do love a good hex-replication. Extra points for the use of Rock Outcrops for spines.

Oh, but the Shaolin Training Ground is quite awesome as well. It would be fun (though challenging) to play on, assuming you could make custom rules for the clouds, and limit your point total.

Er, yeah, and Welcome to the Site ^.^

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM

Duncan knows what's in an order marker Duncan knows what's in an order marker

Thanks Sup3rS0n1c, Sujoah, 'Scaper94, Creationist, legoboy, Vilsara for the comments!

Vilsara - Thanks for the idea about having rules for the clouds. Here is my first stab at them.

Special Rules:

Figures ending their movement on a cloud tile, must role the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7 your figure falls through the cloud. If you roll a 8-20 your figure executes a "Floating Crane" and does not fall through. Flying figures do not have to roll for cloud tiles.

Creationist, legoboy, -

Here are the instructions for the Shaolin Training Ground.

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.

-Sun Tzu The Art of War
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I must agree with the previous posters, Shaolin Training Grounds is an ingenious use of the snow tiles!

Now, if only I had TT
Old January 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, I can actually build this (as long as I sub out some Swamp for Dungeon terrain)! Awesome! ^_^

And I didn't realize that it was meant to be a dragon. That's sweet!

Old January 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Shade Tree

Sorry for the double post, but I want to be sure that you see this...

I think, so that a thing like a spider and a dragon having the same rate of falling through the clouds wouldn't happen, this could be a better (re)wording of the cloud rules:

When a figure ends its movement on a cloud (snow) space, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract the figure's height from the number rolled. If a 5 or lower is rolled, the figure drops through the clouds to the space immidiately below the space it was just on. Calculate falling damage if applicable.

Old January 18th, 2010, 04:52 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post

When a figure ends its movement on a cloud (snow) space, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract the figure's height from the number rolled. If a 5 or lower is rolled, the figure drops through the clouds to the space immidiately below the space it was just on. Calculate falling damage if applicable.
It looks like most (if not all) of the terrain on the ground level is water though, so Falling Damage would never be applicable...

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios