Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 19th, 2013, 10:34 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Long Island Heroscape League- Return to the Lost Realm!!

So gorgeous.
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am so bummed I missed this. Fantastic terrain, once again. Maybe you could make this bi-annual. I would pay to play, because I realize how much work you put into the event and the game itself. A labor of love, I'm sure.

Did the rules change much from the last time or was it mainly the events?
Old February 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
I am so bummed I missed this. Fantastic terrain, once again. Maybe you could make this bi-annual. I would pay to play, because I realize how much work you put into the event and the game itself. A labor of love, I'm sure.

And we're sorry you couldn't make it as well. Don't know about bi-annual. Perhaps if there was enough interest. Don't want to burn my group out on it!

Sigh, the rules are always in constant flux. As far as I'm concerned this is still very much in a play test phase. I'm in the process of tweaking three things that just didn't work as well as I thought they would based on the game we just played. Not huge tweaks, just trying to streamline a bit so players downtime between turns can go a bit faster. Every game just makes it a bit better I hope.

There are several new additions from when you last played it. I went through the entire rule book and updated many rules, as well as added new Encounters. Moving toward a card based system as well.
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:30 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:

And we're sorry you couldn't make it as well. Don't know about bi-annual. Perhaps if there was enough interest. Don't want to burn my group out on it!

Sigh, the rules are always in constant flux. As far as I'm concerned this is still very much in a play test phase. I'm in the process of tweaking three things that just didn't work as well as I thought they would based on the game we just played. Not huge tweaks, just trying to streamline a bit so players downtime between turns can go a bit faster. Every game just makes it a bit better I hope.

There are several new additions from when you last played it. I went through the entire rule book and updated many rules, as well as added new Encounters. Moving toward a card based system as well.
Oooo card based, nice. Well maybe I will just give you a heads up next time I am coming up and we can playtest the tweaks on a smaller map with just a few people or just me and LoB. Of course, if you have time that is.
Have you thought of Kickstarter, once you are satisfied with the rules and encounters, or will this be the mythical "I remember playing this really cool game once or twice, by this really creative guy, I just can't quite put my finger on his name."
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oooo card based, nice. Well maybe I will just give you a heads up next time I am coming up and we can playtest the tweaks on a smaller map with just a few people or just me and LoB. Of course, if you have time that is.
Have you thought of Kickstarter, once you are satisfied with the rules and encounters, or will this be the mythical "I remember playing this really cool game once or twice, by this really creative guy, I just can't quite put my finger on his name."
Sure, let me know the next time you guys are going to be up this way and perhaps we can arrange something.

The idea of using Kickstarter has been "kicked" around. However a lot of work would have to be done translating it down into a board game rather than what it is now, a convention event game. With that said it has been thought about that's for sure. I'd need to address things like re-playability and how to maintain that wow factor on a much smaller scale. Time will tell....
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure, let me know the next time you guys are going to be up this way and perhaps we can arrange something.

The idea of using Kickstarter has been "kicked" around. However a lot of work would have to be done translating it down into a board game rather than what it is now, a convention event game. With that said it has been thought about that's for sure. I'd need to address things like re-playability and how to maintain that wow factor on a much smaller scale. Time will tell....
At the current grande size, the only way would be video game version. It feels like it could be an MMO, but it wouldn't be the same for us tangible gamers. Of course, I'd still play it.
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Titleless

March, 2013 Game Day!!

This month the spot-light is on:

the Shermanverse!

Where: Ravenblood Games, Plainview, NY

When: Saturday, March 16th.

Time: Set up at 12:00, start playing 12:30 - 1:00 (roughly).
We'll set a tentative end time of 5:00.

This time around we are going to play Sherman Davies SuperHero custom cards on my large scale, city terrain in an all-Shermanverse game. Probably be 1,000 point armies for each player, with three people to a side (good vs evil). That's a six player game. Additional games can be played on smaller two player maps using Sherman Davies figures or, if needed, C3Gs customs. (Don't want to mix Sherman Davies and C3G though.)

Looks like we'll use my dice, markers, etc, and Sherman Davies cards/miniatures.

As always give me a heads up that you are attending.

Afterwards we can play a variety of non-Heroscape games if you'd like. I'll bring a few along with me.

So, attending so far:
1. Sherman Davies
2. Grishnakh
3. Son of Grishnakh
4. Grishnella (maybe)

Grishnakh

Our normal, monthly club meeting is always the third Saturday of each month at Ravenblood Games in Plainview, NY (unless there is a conflict with a holiday). If you'd like more information PM me.

I'll be updating this thread with more information as time goes along.

Last edited by Grishnakh; March 4th, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:31 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Long Island Heroscape League- March Game Day!!!!

I've been updating my Superscape threads in preparation for the big game, so that anyone who's attending can brainstorm some teams if they don't feel like winging it on Saturday. Chas and I will be coming, and I may be bringing another friend of mine along as well. See you all soon!
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Titleless

When I run large events at conventions I use predetermined teams to let players choose between. If I'll have 6 players then I make three teams of good guys and three teams of bad guys. These teams are usually around 1,000 pts. The only decision players need to make is what side they are on and what their team will be. Of course at a convention we have limited time so having the teams already put together gets us into the game faster. Don't know if you want to attempt something like this for Saturday or not. You already have one team, the F4.
Old March 15th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I've been updating my Superscape threads in preparation for the big game, .....
Well, now you've inspired me! I updated a few of my terrain features. Can't wait to use them tomorrow! The game is going to be awesome...
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM

Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby! Eraguy816 rolls all skulls baby!

I wish I lived close to NYC. I live 4 hours away.

My Youtube Channel

Eraguy816 is

in the Epic Fairyland Cave
Old March 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Titleless

Eight players. 1,000 points each player. Two sides, 4 players on a side. Good vs Evil. Exploding trucks, water spouts from ripped up fire hydrants, Fantastic 4 retreating to the Baxter Building, burning wreckage, The Thing and Sinestro playing catch with an exploding oil drum, seeing good friends and meeting new ones, all this and Sherman Davies cards = Priceless day of gaming. Thanks everyone! Pictures to come....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events