Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 28th, 2012, 11:38 AM

S1leNt RIP Woo who?
Re: The Book of Airborne Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1leNt RIP View Post
I have a question. My brothers and I were playing on a map with a nice overhang on it, and one of his Airborne Elite made it under the overhang, on top of which my 4th Mass stood vigilant (I think he dropped under there too, lol). So when he uses Grenade Special Attack can he attack the units right above him?
As long as the figure he wants to attack is no more than 12 levels up, then yes. BTW, Airborne Elite aren't allowed to Drop under overhangs.
I read the clarification earlier, but not before we were playing. He may have dropped onto a place next to the overhang and then run under. I'm not 100% sure.

So, attacking a unit through the ground seems interesting to me...I guess with those crazy bank-trick-shots! ;D

Thanks AU!

New to Heroscapers, already starting with the Customs! Check em out here!
Old September 1st, 2012, 03:58 PM

Drizna Woo who?

I have a question about the Grenade rule for the Airborne elite. The rules state that when rolling for defense the defender gets height advantage against the attack. However is the reverse true as well? If you lob a grenade from above does the initial attack get height advantage against the defenders?
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizna View Post
I have a question about the Grenade rule for the Airborne elite. The rules state that when rolling for defense the defender gets height advantage against the attack. However is the reverse true as well? If you lob a grenade from above does the initial attack get height advantage against the defenders?
Welcome to the site Drizna!

Special attacks are never modified. So no, you do not get any attack bonus for Grenade SA. However, if you use their normal attack then you would get height advantage.
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

What Megasilver said. Special Attacks are never modified. Whether it's an attack glyph, land height or whatnot the special attack isn't modified.
Welcome to the site as well!

~GT55

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:24 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

So idk if this has already been covered somewhere on the boards, but I can't find it. Are the airborne allowed to drop on round one? Since we aren't for sure, we say no. But the ability to destroy someone's starting zone that early makes for quite an interesting option.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Yes. You can roll for The Drop the very first round. Before you place order markers, roll for the drop. The catch is, if you get the roll for The Drop, place them carefully. If you don't win initiative and have placed them too close to your opponent, you could lose them all before they get a chance to do anything.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Yes. You can roll for The Drop the very first round. Before you place order markers, roll for the drop. The catch is, if you get the roll for The Drop, place them carefully. If you don't win initiative and have placed them too close to your opponent, you could lose them all before they get a chance to do anything.
Okay thanks! That's really useful! And yeah that's a risk, but if your smart about it you should be fine. I mean with a range of eight and being able to drop them on height, I'm sure they could kill their points worth before that paper thin defense gets shredded
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CronArmy View Post
Quote:
Okay thanks! That's really useful! And yeah that's a risk, but if your smart about it you should be fine. I mean with a range of eight and being able to drop them on height, I'm sure they could kill their points worth before that paper thin defense gets shredded
Yea, don't plan on the Lob first thing, even though it looks great. I had an opponent who tried this just yesterday and I just made sure he could only lob at the Iron Golem and the Warforged. Little damage, my first move I stomped him down (tactical switch anyone?) It would have been so sweet if I had won initiative.
Old February 25th, 2013, 08:02 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CronArmy View Post
Quote:
Yea, don't plan on the Lob first thing, even though it looks great. I had an opponent who tried this just yesterday and I just made sure he could only lob at the Iron Golem and the Warforged. Little damage, my first move I stomped him down (tactical switch anyone?) It would have been so sweet if I had won initiative.
^This.

When you know your opponent is fielding the Airborne, you'd better hope there's room in your start zone to spread out some. Experience against grenades back in the 'good old days' has left a scar that makes me reluctant to take an army that fills the starting area.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Gotta be my most favorite squad in the game. Even though I am still learning how to properly use them, I have had my glory moments.
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Just played an epic game where these guys trashed the frak out of Braxas and a handful of Black Wyrmlings. Braxas and the blackies did a great job at knocking out a bunch of the AE out so the Iron Golum (who was in the Dragon Army) still won... But these guys just did so much damage. I'm glad I pulled these guys out again. So worth it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 8th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Lightbulb Re: The Book of Airborne Elite

Usually what I do is roll for initiative first, then if i get the highest i roll for drop. If I am successful I place order markers on the airborne. If I don't get initiative, then I don't roll for drop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units