Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old August 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker
Re: Every unit is "good".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
I absolutely agree with the OP, invite everyone to 'embrace the suck', and hope to hear about someone drafting Sudema (or even the Dzu-Teh) in their next match!
Well met!

The Gang of Four is playing a scenario I devised within which there are multiple Glyphs of Lodin (http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1838). Perhaps Sudema will make an appearance in that one.
I like the Dzu-Teh! Granted they need ice, but 4/4 is good stats for a squad.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Too bad they're 4/3.

Old August 16th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Every unit is good.

Some are just more good than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

How about another approach to these types of threads?

Every unit is "bad". Seems like a winner to me

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

I challenge you to find a situation in which the Krav Maga are "bad"! I'm sure there are applicable circumstances, but I've always called the KMA 'Sam Adams' - you know, 'Always a good decision!'

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

I challenge you to find a situation in which the Krav Maga are "bad"! I'm sure there are applicable circumstances, but I've always called the KMA 'Sam Adams' - you know, 'Always a good decision!'
The Krav are bad...whenever I roll defense dice with them. I roll skulls, not shields(when it comes to agents).

The 4th are bad whenever I realize that 6 range just isn't long enough.

I'm sure there are more. (There's no need to take my post seriously).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any unit can be good. Certain units can really shine if given the right opportunity. However, in most cases, the opportunity isn't there. The "normal" tourney enviroment just doesn't lend itself to certain units.

I played in a heroes only event recently. I took the elven wizards, with Morsbane. They were alot of fun and stood up well. In an event where squads are allowed though, the elven wizards usually get torched.

Sure, you can hide a "bad" unit in a good army, and the army can preform well. Which can lead to the feeling that the "bad" unit isn't so "bad", but you have to analyize the units performance throughout the event.

Let's take Dund and DW7K. I've taken both units to a tourney. I placed 2nd out of 12 players with an army that included DW7K. My Dund army went 5th overall out of 16 or 17 players. Does this make Dund or DW7K "good" units. Not really, they enjoyed the benefit of some really good units in their company. Dund was backed up by Nilfheim and the the Greenscales, with the Airborne too. While DW7K had Cyprien and a bunch of Marro on his side.

So yes, every unit can be "good", if given the right enviroment, or the right support units, or they're just a support unit themselves while the "stars" of the army do their thing.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:34 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Every unit is good.

Some are just more good than others.
Jexik, I respect you and all of your fantastic threads and insightfull posts and aknowledge your tournament victouries, I just believe that in the correct army, every unit can shine when properly used. I actually use your power rankings to create armies full of good units that include bad units as a centerpiece.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Neo, I suspect Jexik would agree with me when I say the grades are not *nearly* as important - or relevant, perhaps, is a better word - as people think they are.

They evaluate how well units work in one, fairly unusual, environment: A competitive tournament, without format or unit restrictions, where the maps are of the BoV type and the point value is within the range of typical tournament point values.

They do not, Neo, really have much to do with casual play, or even with the great majority of tournaments played in this country, if you go to the Events thread and look at what people *actually play*.

And in a tournament-type environment, as you say, given the right matchups just about any unit can shine.

They are a fantastic resource but, as you say, they are of limited value.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:44 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

It's NEVER the unit, it's ALWAYS the player.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In an appropriate army, any unit can shine, and in an inappropriate army, every unit fails.

Except for maybe Raelin. But she's an A+. So that doesn't count.

Trons and Dund has historically been good, and even Taelord, overpriced as he is goes great with the Omnicrons.

Deadeye and Shiori are great fillers, and I've used 6 squads of drudge to beat a vydar pod before.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage View Post
It's NEVER the unit, it's ALWAYS the player.
So it's Matthais' fault his 20x chain fighters didn't do very well in the main event???? I think not.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles