Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM

falls78 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line

At 540

4th x4
Taelord
Raelin

Potential for 4 attacks of 5 with 5 defense on height.

Raelin is the weak spot here but with good positioning she requires you absorb up to 20 attack dice just to get a shot at her. And even if you get her you still have demon powered soldiers to deal with
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM

BullwinkleJMoose Woo who?

It is not the common selection but in a 4th Mass army I like Morsbane instead of Krug if you worry about meeting Q9. One reason is that Morsbane is both cheaper and uses up fewer start zone spaces. Morsbane also fears rats less since can negate even if engaged with someone else. You can risk disengage with Krug but with elevations + lots of rats it is not always possible to make it to Q9 whereas Rod of Negation's range of 6 is quite a big threat range.

In the proposed Q9 builds on this thread, Morsbane should be able to negate or autokill Q9 at least 50% the time. With his high life Morsbane, a well played Morsbane should get a minimum of 2 negation attempts, with 3-4 attempts not exceptionally unlikely either. When negation does work it is almost game over vs the proposed build. As soon as 1 Krav dies the army is reduced to 2 attacks max per turn and when a 2nd dies will be reduced to 1 attack per turn, unless they decide to focus on attacking with their rats which is a matchup where the 4th will have a huge advantage.

Simply including a single 100 point character should raise the cumulative win rate vs the Q9 pod to over 50% (games where it does work are almost an auto win) and that is not factoring in games where it doesn't and the 4th still win cuz of Q9 defense whiffs.

In my tournament in IL I did not face Q9 but had similar results vs Braxas and TKN. After their negations the armies lacked the squad killing power to truly threaten a 4th Mass Horde
Old July 23rd, 2010, 06:08 PM

MKV93 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

i just tried out 4x 4th and silver surfer for a 600 pt army. it went pretty well. keeps the valiant theme and when there's something with high defense that the 4th can't break you can hit it with SS. and it's all ranged! SS can also grab a glyph to make your 4th even more epic

feedback on my customs is always welcome. MKV93's Customs
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

on the grade, what do you mean by "engagement mechanics?" almost seems like it should be in the 10th's.

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthflagbearer View Post
on the grade, what do you mean by "engagement mechanics?" almost seems like it should be in the 10th's.
I just copied and pasted what was on Jexik's thread...

I'm assuming it's talking about disengagement strikes, and how it affects figures' movements. I'm not entirely sure if that's it or not.
Old June 4th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Common ranged 4 figure squads are good because of engagement mechanics. I.e. they can always choose their targets by moving different guys and/or staying back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:54 PM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

So I was just sent a squad of 4th, they guy doubled up the blond guy. If I take them to a tourny will I be allowed to use them even though it's not the "four official sculpts"? I mean I can't see how it'd make much of a difference, but thought I'd double check seeing as how I'm new and haven't found a tourny near me yet.
Old April 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Check with your Tournament Director (once you have one), preferably in advance. There are no official tournament rules, so whatever your TD says goes.

When I've been in the position to make such calls I've tended to let it go, sometimes with an added rule that your opponent always has clear sight to the less-than-perfect figure. The example I'm thinking of was a wingless Braxas though, which is obviously a much bigger deal.

Good luck finding a tournament!
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart
Question Re: The Book of 4th Massachusetts Line

I know most people have probably abandoned this stuff, but what are some good tactics for this squad when playing with 2 other people?
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:56 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
I know most people have probably abandoned this stuff, but what are some good tactics for this squad when playing with 2 other people?
Welcome to the site?

What do you mean, abandoned this stuff?

As for tactics, the best way to use this squad in a multi-player, is to find a nice high spot on the map near your start zone, and just Wait The Fire.
Old January 19th, 2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
What i meant by abandoned is that this post has been up for years blah blah blah... forget that part. thanks for the advice.
Well, this is the Book of 4th Mass, it's where all or most of the important info for that unit is posted. So yeah the original post is old, but it's kinda supposed to be.
Old January 20th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

True... ah well, still love how useful they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Welcome to the site?

What do you mean, abandoned this stuff?

As for tactics, the best way to use this squad in a multi-player, is to find a nice high spot on the map near your start zone, and just Wait The Fire.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units