Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old October 19th, 2021, 11:04 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

kevindola - Buzz-killers: Amberhive Protectors x4, Byrikon the Hiveless, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah

S1R - Fire From Above: Greenscale Warriors x4, Marro Warriors, Kalagrith, Syvarris

Bees and Large Heroes went up against Kala and Syvarris in the opening with the bees flying into S1R's side. Sac Sting and some heightened bee normal attacks took out Kalagrith very fast (one Scorched Earth that went 0/4)

Frenzy was hitting all over the place and helped the single attack bees kill a Greenscale and get a hit on Syvarris and Kalagrith. But the greenscales 2 attack was enough to start thinning out the bees. I had lost about 4 from sac stinging.

At this point I got aggressive after Sac Stinging 2 Marro Warriors to leave 2. Sujoah triple disengaged (2 hits), but with 2 marros left missed on a 4v3, 5v3, and 4v3 to have the Marros clone back to full health over the next 3 order markers.

The Queen eventually died from lava after taking wounds from a failed trap, and 2 early hits from Syvarris. I had left a 1 life Syvarris who started to clean up my bees, but this did allow me to get a couple kills on the Marro Warriors. I had to take another double disengage to get to the last one, but eventually got the kill.

This left Sujoah 2 life, Byrikon, 2 bees vs. 7 Greenscales.

Sujoah took out 2 and a bee sac stinged another. Leaving Byrikon (+1 attack) and 1 bee vs. 4 Greenscales.

I killed one at the end of the round (3 left) and took a lava wound from height.

I won the big initiative to activate Rapid Response, but Byrikon went 1/10 on his two attacks and he was then swarmed and killed.

S1R won with 3 Greenscales left. GG!

All in all, I was probably too aggressive with Sujoah and Sac Sting to take out the Marros (although that is hindsight that Sujoah couldn't hit to get them down to 1), but I also could have used that time to establish position and kill Syvarris. Just you know, Marro Warriors are scary.

Unit Thoughts:

Kalagrith: Tought to maneuver with the Greenscales. I played very aggressively and caught her with a bee putting 2 wound on her with normal attacks and the 0/4 was disastrous as it left bees in key positions to sac sting and finish her off. Tough game to really gauge. If she had hit even 1 skull I likely couldn't have surrounded her like I did and might have brought in Sujoah with the Giant Hunter instead.

Queen: I like where the Queen stands. Evasive helped her survive against Syvarris early barrage of attacks of 4, while Frenzy activated once on a special, and about 12 times on the normal accounting for a greenscale kill and a wound on Kala.

Byrikon
: Very much like Byrikon's tool kit. I do think the d20 ability could stand to be buffed. I don't like what it does at +8, but the +1/OM didn't feel like enough. Rapid Response was huge as it allowed 2 attacks of 5 in a critical endgame. He just rolled 1/10 :/
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
kevindola - Buzz-killers: Amberhive Protectors x4, Byrikon the Hiveless, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah

S1R - Fire From Above: Greenscale Warriors x4, Marro Warriors, Kalagrith, Syvarris
I’ll just add my take.

Kalagrith - I’ve played her in my last three games and have only used her special twice. It certainly feels swingy because in order to maximize targets she’s often put into a vulnerable spot (partially because of the double base and being close to a clogged up map area). KD had a great move of tactically bonding to lob 5 frenzied bee attacks at her on OM3 after she totally whiffed her three target (plus one GSW) special. She died to a lava roll right after. I think some were suggesting that she’s a bit fragile, and I could see a bump in life or defense (she actually had height while defending against the 5 bees but still took 6 wounds) to enable that aggressive play from her to be outside a screen. Otherwise the best strategy seems to be fly over one target at a time to be safe and land behind the screen while buffing GSW. She plays close to the GSW’s to make sure she can conserve move as opposed to MC/Nilf/Zelig who like their screen to be at a distance to reduce potential engagements on them/occupy higher ground, so she still feels different to me.

Queen - She played a perfect role, really like this figure. She wasn’t too frail, surviving against 5x attacks of 4 plus some GSW pings. The frenzy rolls from KD were killer.

Byrikon - I agree with KD that the +1 per OM isn’t as impactful, but the +2 would be too much. Maybe a +2 but max boost of +4/+6? Rapid Response worked well in the endgame, and realizing it could be used to kite effectively made me start to roll over GSW to try and engage him and pin him down. I mostly like where’s he’s at.
Old October 21st, 2021, 09:24 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon

Sir H and I going at it soon. I have the Children. He has the Tribe.

~Dysole, planning on streaming it as well

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting