Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 19th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Honestly:

1) We'd still have a fairly poor design no-one takes;
2) From what I've heard, Zod seems pretty Xenophobic, too much so for working with non-Kryptonians to make much sense;
3) The present one feels so close to being good that it feels almost like a shame and a waste of effort to start from scratch; and
4) Kneel Before Zod is too cool to lose.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just looking at army building, it would be cool if we could adjust things so that his points came in at 320.

Zod 320
Non 330 (or Kal-El Superboy 330)
Ursa 230
Kryptonian Soldier x2 400
Kryptonian Infiltrator x2 320......1600 points

+ Superman I 400 = 2000 points.

also....

Zod 320
Supergirl 320
Superman II 450
Doomsday 390
Kryptonian Soldier x1 200
Kryptonian Infiltrator x2 320......2000 points.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Honestly:

1) We'd still have a fairly poor design no-one takes;
2) From what I've heard, Zod seems pretty Xenophobic, too much so for working with non-Kryptonians to make much sense;
3) The present one feels so close to being good that it feels almost like a shame and a waste of effort to start from scratch; and
Yeah, I strongly agree with point 2. A Zod that mainly wants to team up with Cap and becomes a big lynchpin for any Soldier/Agent army feels wrong to me.

The design's cool mechanically, but it doesn't really seem like Zod.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Honestly:

I agree with 2-4. I like the power but think it fit better elsewhere

Maybe a Fury Jr. card where he can pull Cappy and some avengers into a Shield build...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:15 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I like what you have here, but I agree he is REALLY Xenophobic. I also think his base stats should be on Superman's level which is at least 7 attack and 7 defense with 7 Life, though I'd argue for 8 or 9 attack as he is way more vicious and less likely to pull a punch. I also think 8 Life seems right.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Honestly:

1) We'd still have a fairly poor design no-one takes; *Is this in reference to General Zod or the design I just posted?
2) From what I've heard, Zod seems pretty Xenophobic, too much so for working with non-Kryptonians to make much sense; *Not an expert on him but my impression was more that he was very arrogant and felt humans (as well as most other non-krytonians) were beneath him. If he were to suddenly find himself in a world where all of Marvel & DC were to collide and strange new alliances were formed (ie. C3G), it's not crazy to think he might get humbled a bit and rethink his willingness to embrace allies other than just Krytonians. I don't know of any stories where we see him run into guys like Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, etc. I feel if Kryton were threatened by those guys he would set his arrogance aside and team up with some Green Lanterns in order to save Kryton.
3) The present one feels so close to being good that it feels almost like a shame and a waste of effort to start from scratch; and *I'm not opposed to updating General Zod at the same time, giving us two different kinds of Krytonian Army leaders.
Thoughts in red.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Honestly:

Maybe a Fury Jr. card where he can pull Cappy and some avengers into a Shield build...
So......drop General but keep Spy?

S.H.I.E.L.D. MILITARY TACTICS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Soldier Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may immedietly take a turn with a Spy or Agent Unique Hero you control. If you do you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Could help get the Krytonian Uncommon Heroes a little more play time.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Honestly:

1) We'd still have a fairly poor design no-one takes; *Is this in reference to General Zod or the design I just posted?
2) From what I've heard, Zod seems pretty Xenophobic, too much so for working with non-Kryptonians to make much sense; *Not an expert on him but my impression was more that he was very arrogant and felt humans (as well as most other non-krytonians) were beneath him. If he were to suddenly find himself in a world where all of Marvel & DC were to collide and strange new alliances were formed (ie. C3G), it's not crazy to think he might get humbled a bit and rethink his willingness to embrace allies other than just Krytonians. I don't know of any stories where we see him run into guys like Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, etc. I feel if Kryton were threatened by those guys he would set his arrogance aside and team up with some Green Lanterns in order to save Kryton.Actually even in that scenario he'd still be arrogant enough to think he didn't need the lesser beings unless he was in control of them and they were his pawns/fodder.
3) The present one feels so close to being good that it feels almost like a shame and a waste of effort to start from scratch; and *I'm not opposed to updating General Zod at the same time, giving us two different kinds of Krytonian Army leaders.
Thoughts in red.
Thought in Blue

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 19th, 2018, 07:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly:

So......drop General but keep Spy?

S.H.I.E.L.D. MILITARY TACTICS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Soldier Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may immedietly take a turn with a Spy or Agent Unique Hero you control. If you do you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Could help get the Krytonian Uncommon Heroes a little more play time.
Exactly...maybe even some Kryptonian Soldiers as well.

Old February 19th, 2018, 07:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Honestly:

2) From what I've heard, Zod seems pretty Xenophobic, too much so for working with non-Kryptonians to make much sense; *Not an expert on him but my impression was more that he was very arrogant and felt humans (as well as most other non-krytonians) were beneath him. If he were to suddenly find himself in a world where all of Marvel & DC were to collide and strange new alliances were formed (ie. C3G), it's not crazy to think he might get humbled a bit and rethink his willingness to embrace allies other than just Krytonians. I don't know of any stories where we see him run into guys like Darkseid, Anti-Monitor, etc. I feel if Kryton were threatened by those guys he would set his arrogance aside and team up with some Green Lanterns in order to save Kryton.Actually even in that scenario he'd still be arrogant enough to think he didn't need the lesser beings unless he was in control of them and they were his pawns/fodder.
Thoughts in red.
Thought in Blue
Fair enough.
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Honestly:

Or Maria Hill?
Old February 19th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, if I were to do a new General Zod (and I've considered the idea, since I love the character), I'd make him more of a beatstick. The one we have, even if he's sort of crappy, represents the "General of Krypton" side, but I think more iconically, he's another Lost Son of Krypton. Think about Superman II, Man of Steel... and he's been showing up a lot in Rebirth, which is fresh in my mind. It's Zod, with one or two other Kryptonians, with him on the front lines brutalizing the enemy.

Personally, I'd do one sort of offensive power, Kryptonian Defense, and something like this:

WITH US OR AGAINST US
Friendly Kryptonians adjacent to General Zod add 1 to their Attack number. Opponents' Kryptonians adjacent to General Zod subtract 1 from their Defense number.

It takes some planning, but the dream is to have Zod ram headfirst into Superman, then have Ursa or Non or the Eradicator or Cyborg Superman fly in and add insult to injury.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy