Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 17th, 2009, 03:17 AM

denrick5 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unhappy Why do my stores nolonger carrie H.S.

I know that Heroscape is not dead,but it might as well be for me becuse every store in my town that carried H.S. sets no longer sales any of them I know that you can still buy the sets online,but with shiping rates the way they are I can't aford to pay for the new sets.I just want to know are the stores just geting rid of the old the hasbro boxes and bringing in the new Wotc boxes or am I doomed to never uptain a new set ever again?
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:34 AM

Rew knows what's in an order marker Rew knows what's in an order marker
Re: Why do my stores nolonger carrie H.S.

Hey denrick5. I feel your pain. I just started by purchasing my first sets online for the very reason that I couldn't find them retail. I have looked around a bit, have yet to scan my closest WalMarts, or exhaust the more obscure game stores, but I am pretty well dried up of HS at close retail stores here in the South Bay of CA as well.

I think we may see a small flowering of new life in HS in the next few months. Lots of talk of the promised Wave 1 reprints as well as the initial Wave 9 releases.

I'm liking what I see on e-bay and craigslist though! Shipping applies, it's used, but it sure does help complete and round out sets well.

Pictures/threads like this make me jealous though:Walmart Clearence Thread

All those boxes, sooooo beautiful, it makes me cry.
Old February 17th, 2009, 03:45 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site, I also have a hard time finding Heroscape near me, the closest solution I found is wargamersheadquarters.com with only six dollars shipping it is quite a bargain.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrick5 View Post
I know that Heroscape is not dead,but it might as well be for me becuse every store in my town that carried H.S. sets no longer sales any of them I know that you can still buy the sets online,but with shiping rates the way they are I can't aford to pay for the new sets.I just want to know are the stores just geting rid of the old the hasbro boxes and bringing in the new Wotc boxes or am I doomed to never uptain a new set ever again?
I would ask the store managers if they ever plan on carrying Heroscape again.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:12 AM

myrealnameisjon is surprisingly tart

Quote:
The rumors that we have heard here in NC are along these lines: *no one* can get new HS anymore from distributors (so it's online or nothing at the moment). There's also rumors that the new releases from WOTC are going to be exclusive to WalMart, meaning that giant will in essence rip the heart out of heroscape communities that, like the one in Raleigh, center on small game shops (how can we expect game shops to support game-playing of a game that they don't sell and can't make money on?). Let's hope those rumors aren't true, and that in five or six months we'll see Heroscape waves one and nine everywhere.
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:19 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrealnameisjon View Post
Quote:
The rumors that we have heard here in NC are along these lines: *no one* can get new HS anymore from distributors (so it's online or nothing at the moment). There's also rumors that the new releases from WOTC are going to be exclusive to WalMart, meaning that giant will in essence rip the heart out of heroscape communities that, like the one in Raleigh, center on small game shops (how can we expect game shops to support game-playing of a game that they don't sell and can't make money on?). Let's hope those rumors aren't true, and that in five or six months we'll see Heroscape waves one and nine everywhere.
Holy crap, one day the rumor is that Walmart is going to stop carrying 'scape, the next they're going to be exclusive distributors? I don't believe that for a second. WotC has spent a fair amount of effort, from what I can tell, actually getting its products into the hands of FLGS's - I can't see them undermining that by then going exclusive. Besides, recent events, if they are to be believed, would indicate that WotC has quite recently been willing to go it alone without Walmart. I can't see any value whatsoever in tying one's business to one single channel of distribution - it's essentially ceding power over the entire line to that one distributor. I doubt this particular rumor has any connection to fact whatsoever.
Old February 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site denrick!
Check your walmarts frequently. Different walmarts have different stock

Also, check out www.coolstuffinc.com for some great deals.

Welcome to the game!
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by denrick5 View Post
Denrick5, I'm sure Game Crazy on Main Street can get Heroscape for you even if they don't carry it normally.

~Chris

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:25 PM

denrick5 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

WOW,THANKS to all of you for the advice,giving me hope and for welcoming me to the site.I will be sure to tryout all these things,and hopefully H.S. will come back to my town(cross'sfingers) thanks again to EVERY one.
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry, had to. >.>

All I've seen since like November around here is a few Aquilla's Alliance and Jungle Sets at Wal-Marts. Haven't seen a single booster. It's definitely rough, but my advice would be to save your money (some of the online vendors provide reduced or free shipping if you make a large order) and/or watch for free shipping deals.

And yes- welcome
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:53 AM

myrealnameisjon is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Holy crap, one day the rumor is that Walmart is going to stop carrying 'scape, the next they're going to be exclusive distributors?
I doubt this particular rumor has any connection to fact whatsoever.
That's pretty much exactly the reaction I had upon hearing it. I completely agree with you, and time will tell whether there's a connection to fact or not. And even if it's true that WotC is considering making an exclusive deal with WalMart, they might not go through with it.

I, like you, maintain a healthy level of skepticism to any rumors I encounter. Everything is going to work out fine.
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:16 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Actually, I think the rumor is not that Wal-Mart made some deal to be the exclusive distributor of Heroscape, but rather that they bought up a large percentage of recent production runs and Wave 9, effectively making it hard for FLGS's to order it for themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion