Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old May 14th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Unoffical Marvel Power Rankings

Yeah, but there's the thing. It really shouldn't be what you believe, it should be what the community believes. That said, I believe your view on Hulk is absolutly correct, but Doom deserves at leat a C, and Iron Man is at least a B, if not higher.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old May 15th, 2008, 01:13 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

In a 4 player game, I just took out Cyprien and Doom and did 96 other points of damage with Iron Man. There was somewhat considerable luck, but also good planning on my part, that lead to that 491-point streak.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:46 AM

Sejon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
They started the ranking discussion about 2 days ago over in the main power ranking forum.
Would you be able to provide a link to that thread? I'd like to check it out.
Old May 15th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
They started the ranking discussion about 2 days ago over in the main power ranking forum.
Would you be able to provide a link to that thread? I'd like to check it out.
It's a huge thread. Here is the post where spider_poison first invites Marvel discussion.
Old May 15th, 2008, 09:58 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Yeah, but there's the thing. It really shouldn't be what you believe, it should be what the community believes. That said, I believe your view on Hulk is absolutly correct, but Doom deserves at leat a C, and Iron Man is at least a B, if not higher.
So you are saying that in a mixed game, Dr. Doom is as good as Abomination, Red Skull, and Spider-Man

And that Iron Man is as good as Hulk, Venom, and Thanos, and quite possibly as powerful as the Silver Surfer and Captian America

If not, they need to stay where they are (at least by your recomendations)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
I would also bump Spidey up to B/B+ - his Spider-Sense is actually quite reliable, making him very hard to kill, and he has enough attack to reliably wittle away the enemy in the meantime. I think he's worth every bit of his points.
Would you say that Spider-Man is as good as, worse, or better than Venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sejon
Would you be able to provide a link to that thread? I'd like to check it out
I did, bottom of my first post where it says "The Heroscape Power Rankings - By spider poison"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So besides Dr. Doom, Iron Man, and Spider-Man, any other figures you would change? Or do the rest look about right to you?

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old May 15th, 2008, 11:23 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I don't play enough Marvel-only games to be able to rank them relative to one another, but I wrote the following in the Classic 'Scape Power Rankings thread about how I thought they should be ranked relative to Classic 'Scape figures:

Silver Surfer is A+ material in my mind. His mobility is unreal, and the advantage he gains from any map with height, choppy terrain or LOS blockers is ridiculous. He doesn't have multiple attacks, but that doesn't matter if he can control how often he is attacked by his opponents. There are few consistent Surfer counters (Thanos, Braxas, Venom, bunches of Minions), and if his army takes out or ties up the anti-Surfer units, well, that almost always means the Surfer wins. No earth-bound melee army will ever beat the Silver Surfer on anything other than a flat board with no LOS blockers.

Thanos, Captain America, Red Skull, Venom and Spider-man are all pretty well balanced and well priced with regard to Classic 'Scape and mixed games, but they all impact an army in a different way. They're all probably between B+ and a an A.

Dr. Doom and Iron Man are overpriced relative to Classic or mixed games (Iron is overpriced relative to Marvel games). Still, I wouldn't think either of them are worse than C+

Hulk and Abomination are the toughest call. Hulk is probably priced correctly, but not for tournament sized 500 point armies-- he can't afford the help necessary to cover his weaknesses. Abomination brings the same flavor to the party, but is cheap enough to get some support. Both of them suffer when swarmed by common units with defense of 4 or higher. Zombies kick their behinds, too.

Braxas IS a scary Marvel buster, and IMO would benefit from including Marvel units in the Power Rankings. Roman Archers suddenly become great units when facing Marvel. Shades are serious Marvel-bane to everybody but Silver Surfer, Spider-man and Venom. Minions are great anti-Marvel units. Deathreavers are great pro-Marvel units-- use them in conjunction with the Marvel units and you realize how devastating Marvel units can be, even when facing swarms of common units; they aren't the best anti-Marvel units, however.

If I got to decide, I'd rank the Marvel units this way:

Silver Surfer - A+
Captain America - A
Thanos - A-
Venom - A-
Spider-man - B+
Red Skull - B+
Abomination - B
Hulk - B-
Dr. Doom - B-
Iron Man - C+

Just my 2 cents
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Now to see if we can split it up a little, spread them out

Bump all the + up a grade and all the - down one (pretty much reletive to the A's)

Silver Surfer - A
Captain America - A
Thanos- B
Venom - B
Spider-Man - C
Red Skull - C
Abomination - B
Hulk - C
Dr. Doom - C
Iron Man - D

Not much different than what I got only Doom and Iron Man are a bump higher

--------------------------------------

Can you understand what I'm trying to do now?

Old May 15th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You bumped Iron Man the wrong way there ...
And I'd put Spidey slightly higher than Venom. My reasoning is this - yes Venom has a higher attack and will do better against hero figures and high defense figures in general than Spidey, but Spidey's lower roll for spider sense really seems to make a huge difference in play for his survivability, allowing him to get off many more attacks per game and do better against squads.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
He also bumped Red Skull and Spidey the wrong way, according to his guidelines.
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920 View Post
Now to see if we can split it up a little, spread them out

Bump all the + up a grade and all the - down one (pretty much reletive to the A's)

Silver Surfer - A
Captain America - A
Thanos- B
Venom - B
Spider-Man - C
Red Skull - C
Abomination - B
Hulk - C
Dr. Doom - C
Iron Man - D

Not much different than what I got only Doom and Iron Man are a bump higher

--------------------------------------

Can you understand what I'm trying to do now?
I still say Iron man's a B. Iron Man can take out Abomination (sometimes, a little luck is needed), Dr. Doom, and Venom all pretty easily.

Also, how can Red Skull be a C in an all-Marvel game? He can move anyone you want. Anyone, anytime. That's worth at least a B.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old May 15th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
And I'd put Spidey slightly higher than Venom. My reasoning is this - yes Venom has a higher attack and will do better against hero figures and high defense figures in general than Spidey, but Spidey's lower roll for spider sense really seems to make a huge difference in play for his survivability, allowing him to get off many more attacks per game and do better against squads.
I think it's hard to rank them relative to one another because they play so differently. From my own personal experiences, I've seen armies with Venom be more dominating, whereas Spidey armies often seem to have to come back from near defeat (Spidey's great for that, though). So maybe it's a perception thing.
Old May 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I had to do it that way, otherwise it would really throw off what he was trying to say

It would have taken his list from

Quote:
Silver Surfer - A+
Captain America - A
Thanos - A-
Venom - A-
Spider-man - B+
Red Skull - B+
Abomination - B
Hulk - B-
Dr. Doom - B-
Iron Man - C+
To

Quote:
Silver Surfer - A
Captain America - A
Thanos - B
Venom - B
Spider-Man - A
Red Skull - A
Abomination - B
Hulk - C
Dr. Doom - C
Iron Man - B
Much different than what he had

---------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome
Also, how can Red Skull be a C in an all-Marvel game? He can move anyone you want. Anyone, anytime. That's worth at least a B.
Because I didn't factor in all Marvel games

They get very repetitive very quickly (unless you use scenarios), and don't offer the synergies and bonuses Mixed games offer

But in both types of gameplay he doesn't offer much. In all Marvel games he can be taken out very quickly, and in Mixed he tends to get Swarmed very fast, he can be useful, just not constantly

---------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to rank Spider-Man and Venom the same, and bump Dr. Doom and Iron Man up one rank

Horray, there are no longer any F units

Last edited by tyguy94920; May 16th, 2008 at 09:24 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion