Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old June 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
Avacyn has some great stand-alone cards & the variety of soulbonding creatures give your old guys interesting again. Some pretty good payouts so far on the maybe 12 packs I've bought so far: 1 Cavern of Souls, 4 Vexing Devils & 1 Avacyn are the highlights so far. We put Avacyn in CarnivalBoy's all-white deck, but how often are you going to even be able to use her at 8 mana?
Seeing how Griselbrand has been a huge addition to Heartless decks, Avacyn goes excellent in white decks. Just use a little accel.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 10th, 2012, 11:23 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Avacyn has some great stand-alone cards & the variety of soulbonding creatures give your old guys interesting again. Some pretty good payouts so far on the maybe 12 packs I've bought so far: 1 Cavern of Souls, 4 Vexing Devils & 1 Avacyn are the highlights so far. We put Avacyn in CarnivalBoy's all-white deck, but how often are you going to even be able to use her at 8 mana?
Seeing how Griselbrand has been a huge addition to Heartless decks, Avacyn goes excellent in white decks. Just use a little accel.
White is pretty hard to accelerate, but I did finally remember C-boy had a Quicksilver Amulet in his collection (2 or 3 would be nice but one is better than none.) Then I looked in my old cards & came up with 4 Ruins of Trokair for a little extra mana boost when needed.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; June 11th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old June 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Tonight my buddy and I tried out our first of the 2012 Planechase decks - Chaos Reigns. I really enjoy the Planechase variant...possibly due to the sheer volume of powerful rares in each pre-con.

In regard to the deck, I'd have to say this was my first experience using the Cascade mechanic, and it can get pretty sick pretty quickly. It's funny, I remember my friends and I bagging on the concept of preconstructed decks baqck like...oh, say, fourteen or fifteen years ago. Nowadays, however, we're having a lot of fun using the Planechase and Duel Decks in addition to using our own constructed decks.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

So, for those of you more experienced, can I get a few hints on my G/W Gigantomancer deck? We're running the same thing as last time, but we bumped it to a $25 limit. I guess my infect deck won a little too much, so I picked something a bit more unusual this time.
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Pretty happy how this set turned out. Mostly, the Pillar of Flames and Dual Casting for my red deck, and cavern of souls for my Goblins, as well as some nice tools, and again, cavern of souls for R/W humans, if I ever get around to making it.

Anyway, on an unrelated note, my MTG group has decided to do a mini-event where we all have to build a deck that costs under $10, and it might end up being a recurring thing. I think I'm on the right track with a mono-black infect deck.

Here's the tentative decklist:

Creatures:
2x Hand of the Praetors
4x Ichor Rats
4x Plague Stinger
4x Flesh-Eater Imp
4x Septic Rats
3x Flensermite
3x Reaper of Sheoldred

Enchantments:
2x Crumbling Ashes
4x Fear

Spells:
4x Vampire's Bite
4x Virulent Wound

Land:
18x Swamp
4x Barren Moor

Any comments/suggestions? I almost got a few dark rituals into the cost limit, but I figured that in the end it was better to keep the Hand of the Praetors in.

As far as competition goes, I'm sure that one player's building a deck around Quest for Ula's Temple, and someone else is doing something involving wild pair and a bunch of big green 7/7 worms.
Have you considered Skeletal Grimace over Fear?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Griselbrand is excellent when you can cast him but Heartless Summoning will generally only use him as a 1 of. 8 CMC is pretty steep, Heartless or not.

Avacyn isn't seeing standard play until Elesh Norn rotates out.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:32 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So any Magic players going to Gencon? I plan on brining my Cube and would like to get some drafts in while at Gencon. Id also be willing to trade some Heroscape for cards I need for the cube.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:42 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
So any Magic players going to Gencon? I plan on brining my Cube and would like to get some drafts in while at Gencon. Id also be willing to trade some Heroscape for cards I need for the cube.
Dude, it's so easy to make your own cards for the cube. Ewok Esenwein and I have been doing so for a few weeks now. Even better, they'll all be foiled!

disclaimer: This isn't necessarily much cheaper in the long run, but we've had fun with it.

All you need are foiled cards, a high-quality printer and adhesive transparencies, acetone and a rag. ALWAYS DO IN A WELL-VENTILATED AREA.

The foils from Mirrodin work best, IMO. All you've got to do is soak some acetone into the rag, wring it out, and rub it into the face of the card - the image will come right off with a little scrubbing.

Then cut out your printed transparency and carefully apply it to the card. You really can't even notice a difference in the thickness of the card.

Instant foil! This surely isn't the cheapest way to fill out your entire cube, but it's a great way to get in some rarer (or even unattainable) cards. After all, who wouldn't want a playset of moxes or a Library of Alexandria in their cube?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:23 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Friend and I created/played a alternate rules format the otherday and had a blast

Deck Builder Variant:
Sealed deck: two packs (not looked at) + 3x (or2x) of each basic.
1 pile of each basic land and 5 piles of random cards.
Play as normal, but you can acquire/buy cards, at sorcery speed, from the pile for their casting costs, placing them in your hand or graveyard. When the game is over, you keep your decks with the gained cards. Exiled cards are permanently removed. Token/insert cards from the initial packs are played/searched for/count as lands but go to your graveyard (or are phased out) when played and replaced with a basic land from resource piles (permanently added to your deck). You cannot gain a land if you have already played a land this turn. (You can only gain lands to your graveyard.) (Nonbasic lands are gained for 1 + any additional costs.)

- We also like Campaign Magic (which is a Risk-style world map with each territory having a special modifier).

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:37 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

All of the Return to Ravnica cards have been spoiled.

Vraska, new Isperia, new Rakdos, and Corpsejack Menace are really cool IMO.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

I'm really, really excited for the prerelease, but I still haven't decided what I'm playing yet. I'm probably going to do GWB Junk tokens in standard, but I might go back to BW when we get some Orzhov cards in Gatecrash.
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post

I'm really, really excited for the prerelease, but I still haven't decided what I'm playing yet. I'm probably going to do GWB Junk tokens in standard, but I might go back to BW when we get some Orzhov cards in Gatecrash.
Carnival Boy has a couple of Nicol Bolas M13 cards so we're going to go to the local sealed tournament to try to get some nice red-blue and/or red-black cards. Izzet seems to be the most popular already so I hope there are enough of those red-blue guild packs to go around...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old September 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I've already got my decklist for after the rotation and am collecting cards. It's Jund. I've been testing it online and it's working. I'm going to 2 if not 3 prereleases next weekend, so much love to spread around. This is the best set we've gotten in a long, long time.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games