Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old October 27th, 2008, 02:24 PM

zombieknight is surprisingly tart
zombieknight's cork dice tower

Hey everyone:

I have been suffering from dice tower envy since NESA's NHSD, but don't have the cash to fork out for a nice one yet. But this weekend I found some old cork flooring tiles I had, and some tutorials online about how to make miniature cork buildings. Putting the two together, I came up with this dice tower made of cork. It works really well, the sound is muffled, and it's actually very sturdy. Your thoughts would be appreciated, although this is the very first attempt at any buildings/ dice towers/ anything, so be gentle.

I spray painted it black then dry brushed the stone color on - it's not great, but not bad, methinks, for a first attempt. It's also my first attempt at posting pictures - I have a very old digital, so forgive the quality of the shots.

Cheers
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: zombieknight's cork dice tower

Looks great! Now you just need a catch tray and you'll be golden.
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:31 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

That came out great! I think you need to make one for the prize table at the Marlboro Fall Brawl in VT.

-insert signature here-
Old October 27th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Thanks guys - that's a great point, Cavalier - I had forgotten to make the catch tray beforehand, but will do so in Dicetower Mark II.

And nyys - you really think it's good enough for that? I'd be happy to make one, certainly. I'd probably put battlements on the top and, of course, a catch tray.
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieknight View Post
Thanks guys - that's a great point, Cavalier - I had forgotten to make the catch tray beforehand, but will do so in Dicetower Mark II.

And nyys - you really think it's good enough for that? I'd be happy to make one, certainly. I'd probably put battlements on the top and, of course, a catch tray.
I'd certainly be happy if I won it. Also, I have a Bengi-made dice-rolling box from Battle at the Border to put it in so wouldn't even need a tray.
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'd certainly be happy if I won it. Also, I have a Bengi-made dice-rolling box from Battle at the Border to put it in so wouldn't even need a tray.
Sweet - well, then, I'd be happy to contribute it to the prize table, and I am now 100% going, so that will work out nicely.
Old October 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, I agree; it's pretty killer!

I love the cork idea, too. My complaint about other unlined towers I've seen is that they're really loud; this is an elegant solution to that problem.

Returns for more.

Old October 27th, 2008, 04:04 PM

dickflea Woo who?

Oh whao! That's awesome. I'm looking forward to your tutorial.
Old October 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickflea View Post
Oh whao! That's awesome. I'm looking forward to your tutorial.
I hadn't initially thought about a tutorial - but I'd be happy to put one together - I was amazed at how easy it was. As I was doing it I thought "I should take some before/during/after shots" - oh well. But I'll do a thorough tutorial as I am working on my next one.
Old October 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Nice job, just add a catch tray!

Old October 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieknight View Post
Definitely, and its also waaaay better than what I have now, which is nothing.

-insert signature here-
Old October 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

It looks great! And a tutorial will be very much appreciated!

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles