Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 7th, 2022, 02:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

I just have to reiterate that I'm so excited about this.

I hope folks are starting to prep tournaments/meetups in their area with their existing collections; time to get warmed up for when the new pieces finally arrive, whenever that is!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 7th, 2022, 02:35 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I just have to reiterate that I'm so excited about this.

I hope folks are starting to prep tournaments/meetups in their area with their existing collections; time to get warmed up for when the new pieces finally arrive, whenever that is!

I know I am. I'll let you know if I run anything in CO but I'm hoping to generate interest locally. Hopefully I can start up a healthy monthly club.
Old August 7th, 2022, 02:55 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

I’m waiting for a bit more information. The existence of new heroscape in the works might be enough for very dedicated fans, but I think many people are gonna want a price point and a release date.

I’m expecting newer players where I’m at so I’d like to have some concrete information to give them on what the hobby is gonna cost them.
Old August 7th, 2022, 02:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofoofun View Post
I’m waiting for a bit more information. The existence of new heroscape in the works might be enough for very dedicated fans, but I think many people are gonna want a price point and a release date.

I’m expecting newer players where I’m at so I’d like to have some concrete information to give them on what the hobby is gonna cost them.
Heroscape: The battle for all your rent money

Old August 7th, 2022, 03:07 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:

With enough terrain pieces I’ll just make a house out of heroscape! Then I’ll have all the rent money free for more scape, it’s the perfect plan.
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:28 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:

I live in San Diego so I don't think anyone here will be able to afford it
We'll just cut out hexes from cardboard and use that
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
After reading this thread, I am very glad that in the 12 years without official scapes that I picked up painting minis.

To anyone despairing at the idea of needing to paint your own minis, I once avoided any games with unpainted minis, or in a few cases commissioned a fellow heroscaper to paint a board game for me since I was convinced I wouldn't be able to paint whatsoever- Now I've painted probably 1000 or so detailed minis and I can honestly say I think anyone has the ability to paint at a top tier level with just a little practice.

Not only do you exponentially improve with each miniature you paint(My first painted mini was an abomination, but by the second it was a night and day difference), but unlike something like pencil sketching or canvas painting there are tons of tricks for quick and good looking results. A couple base colors with the right shades will produce something that is HS quality in no time. Ditto for contrast paints, assuming a figure has large portions that are the same color.

One thing to keep in mind if you're nervous about your results is that while Heroscape looks significantly better than things like heroclix, and are excellent pre-painted minis- That they are generally very simple paint jobs, with it being rare for a unit to have more than a smudge for a face, or any fine details. They just did a masterful job of making the paint job look great from the birds eye view you will usually be seeing them from.

Depending on the volume of units released I might do some tutorial videos on my channel to try and help ease people into this new phase of scapes. Since at least speaking personally, an important part of HS is its visual appeal and how it ignites the imagination which just doesn't go hand in hand with armies of mono colored plastic.
Videos would be good for new players
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:39 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I might try to make a video or two myself but my painting style is much more “creative” then it is competent.

If you are happy with your paint job, then it is a good paint job.
Old August 7th, 2022, 03:51 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Throwing money at my phone screen, why don’t I have the game yet? Hahahah So happy this is a reality! Hoping we get reprints of the old sets. This time around as an adult I can buy everything without a worry in the world I honestly don’t mind if they aren’t painted. I would like them to be, but if it helps my wallet a little I’m all for it since I have bills to pay. Hahaha I can’t wait to know what the lore will be now. Wonder if Valkrill will return. Can he be used? Always felt like he was part of the Dungeons and Dragons lore of the game.

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 7th, 2022, 04:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If the new ones are sold unpainted in order to save some money, then I'd be very surprised if they issue reprints of the old painted stuff. Maybe reprints that are also not painted?
Old August 7th, 2022, 04:24 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Videos would be good for new players
I most likely will make some, since I feel like videos give new painters a lot of confidence to take the plunge, and once you do its pretty smooth sailing from there.

I just need to figure out a good filming setup, although I feel like most of my tutorials would be showing what paints to use, a quick shot of the area I'm painting, and then a look at the figure after that step is finished so it shouldn't be too hard.
Old August 7th, 2022, 04:56 PM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Does anyone know if there are still doing that Q&A and if so does anyone have the link or the minutes of what was asked and answered?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion