Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old April 22nd, 2018, 03:57 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Question GenCon 2018 Events?

The event catalog went live today but I could not find any HS events in it. Is there is not going to be Heroscape at GenCon this year? Or just a mistake with the catalog? Looking through the events I noticed lots of other stuff that I expected to be at GenCon this year is missing, so maybe the mistake is with their catalog. Would be nice to get some info either way.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 04:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GenCon 2018 Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
The event catalog went live today but I could not find any HS events in it. Is there is not going to be Heroscape at GenCon this year? Or just a mistake with the catalog? Looking through the events I noticed lots of other stuff that I expected to be at GenCon this year is missing, so maybe the mistake is with their catalog. Would be nice to get some info either way.
There will definitely be Scape. Probably submitted events too late/not yet or GenCon just hasn't posted them yet.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would guess the latter.
Old April 25th, 2018, 06:00 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Events are submitted....just waiting for the powers that be over at Gencon to add them in.
Old May 1st, 2018, 05:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I want to know what the events are so I can plan the *other* events I want to go to. Some of them are going to go out fast.

Can we know the time slots for Day 1 and Day 2 of the Main Event at least?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I want to know what the events are so I can plan the *other* events I want to go to. Some of them are going to go out fast.

Can we know the time slots for Day 1 and Day 2 of the Main Event at least?
It's almost certainly the same as always for the Main Event.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've never been to a GenCon before, but I might be attending this year (and if so, I would certainly want to go to at least the main HeroScape event). Any rough information on what events will be happening or when would be greatly appreciated, although I know that it's mostly a matter of waiting on the people at GenCon now.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:08 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I've never been to a GenCon before, but I might be attending this year (and if so, I would certainly want to go to at least the main HeroScape event). Any rough information on what events will be happening or when would be greatly appreciated, although I know that it's mostly a matter of waiting on the people at GenCon now.
The structure is almost always:

One or two events Thurs morning
Two events Thurs afternoon
Two events Fri morning
Main Event Day 1 Fri afternoon
Main Event Day 2 and one other event Sat morning
General Wars Sat afternoon
Team Tourney Sun morning

Plus open play a few nights and learning and kids events.

Of course, no guarantee on this, but this is how it's been since I started going (2012) and I doubt it'll change, it works great.
Old May 1st, 2018, 08:34 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

@lonewolf will post the events tomorrow. They will not be available on Sunday FYI, but we still want you to see when they will be so you can plan accordingly. Sorry about any inconveniences. They will be available eventually, or so I have been told...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 1st, 2018, 09:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

Two events Fri morning
Team Tourney Sun morning

Of course, no guarantee on this, but this is how it's been since I started going (2012) and I doubt it'll change, it works great.
Thanks for the quick explanation! Even if not final, this gives me a decent idea of what to expect. If I do end up going to GenCon, I'll certainly stop by some of the events with another player.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:32 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

Two events Fri morning
Team Tourney Sun morning

Thanks for the quick explanation! Even if not final, this gives me a decent idea of what to expect. If I do end up going to GenCon, I'll certainly stop by some of the events with another player.
No problem, hope to see you there! There's always plenty of Scape events to fit into your schedule.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
@lonewolf will post the events tomorrow. They will not be available on Sunday FYI, but we still want you to see when they will be so you can plan accordingly. Sorry about any inconveniences. They will be available eventually, or so I have been told...
Thank you!!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con