Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old March 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Song of Blades and Heroes

Take some pics, and report on your first experience!
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Take some pics, and report on your first experience!
/sign!

Welcome to SBH. It's a great game!

Newb.
Old March 11th, 2010, 06:44 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I got in my first game and other than having to look up the rules a bunch I really enjoyed it. I didn't get a chance to take any pics. The camera needed to be charged.

War party one -
Halfling Thief, Elf Wizard, Human Warrior, Human Cleric, Human Light Infantry, and Dwarf Commander

against

Human Skeleton x 2, Human Assassin, Orc Warrior x 2, Orc Champion, and Small Dragon.

The lay-out was a small pond in the center with a ruined castle on one side and a dense forest on the other.

The races decided to combine to investigate the disturbances in the old abandoned castle. They made their way towards the castle, when they saw another war party of various monsters lead by a dark human.

The Dwarf commander rushed in laying waste to the Orc Champion. The Human Cleric stepped up and banished a skeleton as well.

Things were looking bleak for the monster war party until the Dragon defeated the Dwarf commander and the other war party dispersed. In fact the Elf wizard fled in terror. The monster war party killed the light infantry and the human warrior fled after that. The halfling thief was all that was left and in an amazing turn of events killed the dragon. The human assassin was able to defeat the thief though in the end!

Man, this game was fun. I'm looking forward to getting many more plays out of it.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the little report.
There is a lot of fun to be had in this system.
Old March 11th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for the report, Matthias Maccabeus!! After another game or too, you won't need to reference to book that much except if you come across an ability that is not used very often. The rules are simple and the game play is very fluid. One of the best light skirmish games I've played.

Newb.
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Things are bleh lately, but I just thought I'd hop on and share this shot (I actually got to play a game! *gasp*). I saw them at the Dollar Tree a few months ago and finally got a chance to break them out. <grin>

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old February 16th, 2012, 07:36 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Sorry for extreme necro posting here.... But figured better to revive this thread than create yet another new one.

I just bought SBH! One of the main attractions was the possibility of using my 'Scape figures, and my 'Scape terrain, to play the game.

Which is why I'm kinda surprised to see from this thread that most of you are playing with figures from other games, and are emphatically not playing on hexes. It's the latter I wonder about the most: are there problems with playing it on hexes?

Along those lines.... The rules say to count 4/7/13 hexes for short/medium/long distance. But in this post, MrBistro says he likes to play using 3/5/9, at the suggestion of the game designer. Am curious to know more about this. What distances do you guys use?
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How random, I've been looking at SBH for a couple days now and just stumbled upon this thread. I'm probably going to buy SBH, but I'm really interested in the Power Legion expansion/game that the SBH creator is working on for all my clix figures. I love C3G, don't get me wrong, but I like to mix it up. I can't believe how many people have so many positive things to say for this system. I will absolutely be playing on my HS hexes.
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Battle Reporter

My #1 reason for not using HS figures and hexes is that it feels too much like Heroscape if I do that. I already have a quick association of abilities and strengths of HS units, that would make it feel weird to see them in any other light. Plus I just like having more minis.

I've never played on hexes so I can't answer your other question.
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
My #1 reason for not using HS figures and hexes is that it feels too much like Heroscape if I do that. I already have a quick association of abilities and strengths of HS units, that would make it feel weird to see them in any other light. Plus I just like having more minis.

I've never played on hexes so I can't answer your other question.
Huh. I've read the rules for SBH several times now, and am wondering how/if to translate them onto 'Scape tiles, if I will.

Looking over the various (awesome, by the way!) pics posted in this thread of battlegrounds, I see that none seem to have any elevated ground. Is that common?

I see from the rules that ranged attacks get no benefit from height, so shooters have no reason to seize it.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Battle Reporter

I think the pic in your signature is out of control.

As for elevation, you are thinking too much of Scape rules.
Shooters are already quite strong, and giving them a height advantage is not really necessary. As you can see in this thread, I've never really used height, but I would if I had the terrain for it. It would still be a location that gets you further away from melee fighters.

If you wanted, you could houserule a height advantage benefit, and just make it similar to a 'focused' range attack or something.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Beautiful rich green textured battlefield here, A_Train. Makes everything on it seem to sparkle. What exactly is it? <drool>

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures