Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 1st, 2011, 11:36 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Osama Bin Laden dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Frankly I have almost no excietment over this news...I just don't get why it is exciting. Sure it's great we've found him, but I don't think it really accomplishes anything. Frankly I find it more than anything, a sad thing that our government can tell us we found one man we were trying to find for 10 years, and by finding him we accomplish nothing more than a bit of revenge.

Now if they tell me they've fixed a real problem, maybe I'll listen. As is...it's news sure. But I don't see the true excitement so many seem to have.

But ah well. You guys all cheer as you will, I'm glad many of you are excited. I wish I could share in the jubilation.
I think it does accomplish something because we didn't end terrorism but we killed the leader and figurehead of al-Qaeda. I'd say that's pretty good. Sure if you get right down to it it did take us a while but now it'll raise the morale of troops and we did take a big step forward in this war on terrorism. I for one am pretty excited about this bit of revenge.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

About time... "Hiding" in a mansion outside Islamabad!?!

Good riddens! BIH Osama.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:44 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I just wish they could have confirmed it on Friday, so we wouldn't have to have heard about all that Royal Wedding crap. Right now it doesn't really mean much because we don't know if this marks the end of Al Queda or a surge of activity. At the very least we acheived some justice, if nothing more.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:47 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

CBS, NBC, ABC: "Osama bin Laden is dead!"
FOX: Family Guy!
True story.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:50 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Good riddance you SOB!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
Frankly I have almost no excietment over this news...I just don't get why it is exciting. Sure it's great we've found him, but I don't think it really accomplishes anything. Frankly I find it more than anything, a sad thing that our government can tell us we found one man we were trying to find for 10 years, and by finding him we accomplish nothing more than a bit of revenge.

Now if they tell me they've fixed a real problem, maybe I'll listen. As is...it's news sure. But I don't see the true excitement so many seem to have.

But ah well. You guys all cheer as you will, I'm glad many of you are excited. I wish I could share in the jubilation.
I don't think it's a big deal, but for different reasons. He hasn't done anything for years, and if things have still been bad over there without him doing anything, why would removing him change anything? I think Al Qaeda is just going to get pissed, and I fear that things will get much worse before they get better.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Very pleased and very very surprised.

I actually already thought he had died of his kidney complications years ago and Al-Qaida was just trying to make it seem as though he were still alive. Never thought we'd actually get him and I'm happy we have the body for proof (as grizzly as that sounds).

Heck yeah is all I can say on a public forum.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:08 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I prefer that those who would think about attacking our country realize that although it may take time, eventually we will get them.

I would like for those who had family members and loved ones slain to know that Osama isn't out there somewhere, laughing and enjoying life.

I don't know how much difference this will make to Al-Qaeda. I think it is difficult for anyone not in Al-Qaeda to know for sure and even they might not know for sure yet, because we can't be sure how future recruits will take this news. To me, that doesn't change the fact that this is a positive and I am glad to know that Osama is dead.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:19 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I don't think it's a big deal, but for different reasons. He hasn't done anything for years, and if things have still been bad over there without him doing anything, why would removing him change anything? I think Al Qaeda is just going to get pissed, and I fear that things will get much worse before they get better.
I think it is less about him not doing anything, and it is more about him not being able to do much outside of his immediate area.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:43 AM

MLK is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well at least he gets his virgins in heaven...

Anyways, I am super excited. Congrats to the brave Americans who went in and got him.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I always assumed he was already dead, but this is awesome news. Regardless of what effect this may or may not actually have regarding Al-Qaeda, I'm sure a lot of people are glad to hear that we got the !#@&$*%.

America:
Osama:
Vanish roll: 2
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:30 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Anyone else listening to the Team America soundtrack?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General