Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 20th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Dormammu

The Book of Dormammu

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 73
DEMONIC WARFARE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel Galactic Guardians set.
Its model number and name are #G06 / Dormammu.

Alternate Cards
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio - "One of the most powerful known mystical entities within the Marvel Universe, Dormammu is acknowledged by Doctor Strange as his 'most terrible foe'; a threat to 'the life of the universe itself', that 'at full power no one could stand against.'

The character is an inter-dimensional entity composed of mystical energy that can be used to achieve almost any effect he desires, including: energy projection, matter manipulation, resizing, teleportation, possession; necromancy, bestowing of power, and creating demon lords. In certain instances Dormammu has been displayed approaching a universal, or even multiversal, scale of influence.

Dormammu is apparently stronger in the Dark Dimension, being empowered by the worship of his followers, and can draw upon its power. The character has been shown to have one significant weakness: being vulnerable in environments that cannot fuel his mystical Faltine flames." (Wikipedia 2018 ).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Base Clarification: Dormammu is a double-based figure.
  • Dormammu is an Event Hero and follows Event Hero rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:05 PM. Reason: png
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Dormammu - Breathing Period

DORMAMMU

DEMON
EVENT HERO
HELL LORD
MALEVOLENT
HUGE 19

LIFE 9
MOVE 6
RANGE 6
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6
POINTS 665

FROM THE DARK DIMENSION

Dormammu starts the game with his figure and nine Wound Markers on this card. While Dormammu is on this card and has not been destroyed, if you reveal a numbered Order Marker on this card, you may choose any other figure and roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.

RITUAL SUMMONING
If Dormammu is on this card and has not been destroyed, each time a figure on the battlefield receives one or more wounds, remove the same number of Wound Markers from this card. Immediately after the turn in which the last Wound Marker is removed from this card, place Dormammu on any empty spaces on the battlefield.

ELDRITCH EMPOWERMENT
While Dormammu is in your army and not destroyed, all Heroes you control with the Magical Defense special power add 1 to their Attack numbers for each unrevealed Order Marker on this card and when one of those figures attacks with its normal attack and does not inflict any wounds, it receives one wound.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Dormammu is attacked by an opponent’s figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Dormammu can take for this attack is one.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; March 25th, 2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:30 PM

Comic:

Figure:

Background:

I think an eventual "Faltine Flames" spell might be a cool addition to him.

I went with fairly low life here for a couple of reasons:

1. He's not really at his full power outside of the Dark Dimension
2. I didn't want him to cost so much that you couldn't put an army on the battlefield around him.

Last edited by Arkham; October 12th, 2018 at 04:02 PM.
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I think the slightly lower Life is a smart move.

Excited to see this guy under way.
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:34 PM

@Scapemage @johnny139 @Tornado @Yodaking @Spidey'tilIDie @Arkham @japes

And for any CRB concerns (I'd be surprised, since Event Heroes usually just price out of those, but, hey ....):
@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

Thanks, all.

Old August 20th, 2018, 08:35 PM

@Scapemage
@johnny139
@Tornado
@Yodaking
@Spidey'tilIDie
@Arkham
@japes

And for any CRB concerns (I'd be surprised, since Event Heroes usually just price out of those, but, hey ....):

@dok @Dysole @Soundwarp SG-1

Thanks, all.

Old August 20th, 2018, 08:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My only gripe is the round number thing...I typically don't track rounds and think that powers that do tend to be only useful in really high point games...which I don't play a ton of. Could we possibly try letting the modifier be figures destroyed?

"add one to the roll for each wound you inflict during this attack and add one for each figure destroyed."

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 20th, 2018, 08:48 PM

Hmm, that's going to make him verrrrrrry variable based on enemy army composition. Like if he's facing a bunch of squads he could go really early and if he's facing the Fantastic Four he might never get the roll to be summoned.

The reason I like the round tracker bonus is as a mechanical balancer - it ideally helps prevent you from going the entire game without him getting summoned (though it does encourage turtling, which I don't love).

And most Event Hero games are probably going to be higher in points ....

That said, maybe I should simplify it so folks a) don't have to track rounds and b) it doesn't encourage turtling and just give him a bonus to the role based on something like revealed Order Markers in your army or something. That way he could potentially get a +4 bonus to come, plus whatever amount of wounds were done in the attack if his army is attacking on OM3 and he used the "X" this round.

Old August 20th, 2018, 09:02 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Love the design, no real competitive concerns from me.

A few minor things:

You don't need the 'Order Markers may still be placed' bit in the first power, you can place OMs on dead/'reserve' cards in your army already just by the basic rules of Heroscape (and there was recently a vote for C3G to go with that rule too).

Ritual Summoning would be cleaner mechanically if it gave the bonus turn after the other figure's turn finished up. That way you're not interrupting a double attack with a whole other turn or other such madness.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 20th, 2018, 09:03 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

you could also simplify the math...and just have the round number get added to the roll as well as the wounds...

RITUAL SUMMONING
Whenever a figure you control inflicts one or more wounds on an enemy figure with its normal attack, roll the 20-sided die, adding 1 to the roll for each wound you inflicted with the attack. If you roll 22-X or higher, where X is the round number, place Dormammu on any empty spaces on the battlefield adjacent to a figure you control and take an immediate turn with Dormammu.

22-1 = 21
22-2 = 20
22-3 = 19

so instead you just say D20 + wounds inflicted + round > 21

If you inflict a wound in round 1, you need to roll a 20 (20+1+1=22)
If you inflict a wound in round 2, you need to roll a 19 (19+1+2=22)

The same results as your current wording...less wonky wording...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 20th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If we do keep the round mechanic, he should definitely have a little round-tracker like Manhattan. I could see wanting to simplify and move away from that, but I'm okay with it on an Event Hero.
Old August 20th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You can @ CRB now Bats. Just take out the space.

Last edited by japes; August 20th, 2018 at 09:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library