Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I'd probably shoot my own figures in order to get the movement...
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:45 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Ah sad day. Thanks anyway guys!

As to any concerns about my feelings in regards to the reviews I recieved, by no means do I feel that they were to harsh. I think they do represent accurate reflections of the unit. And I definately intend to adjust him and bring him back before you.
Let me know when you're ready to workshop him again--I'd like to give more input there.

--

Why can't Pavin use Cover Fire to move Squad figures?

EDIT: Also, what dok said.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

It only triggers the movement after attacking an opponent's figure.

Last edited by Scytale; June 26th, 2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: reread card
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:54 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ah, I see. So he can attack friendly figures, but that won't trigger the movement.

My other question still stands. I don't see any balance or even thematic reasons for it to not work on squad figures also. Is 45 points for a 1-dice attack to move your squad figures really better than just putting OMs on their card? I suppose Zettian Guards and Mezzodemons are exceptions, but does he really make those builds so much stronger? Am I missing some other crazy combo?

--
--
--

--
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:57 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Oh, OK, that's good.

I'm still skeptical about a cheap filler hero that lets me move 4 heroes guaranteed each turn as soon as an opponent is within 13 spaces.

Can you Trample Stomp on your cover fire move?
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Oh, OK, that's good.

I'm still skeptical about a cheap filler hero that lets me move 4 heroes guaranteed each turn as soon as an opponent is within 13 spaces.

1) He helps non-synergistic hero armies stick together.

2) It appears so. This needs to be fixed, a small/medium restriction on his Cover Shot would make him balanced, me thinks.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Oh, OK, that's good.

Only 3 heroes, and it takes an OM. Useful.

As far Trample Stomp goes, I imagine he could, and that's not great, but again, your OMs are much better off on Nagrubs or TKN than on Pavin. That said, I'm not sure how thematic it is for a power that represents Cover Fire to allow Huge (and maybe even Large) figures to move up safely. In other words, why not a Small, Medium, or Large restriction here? I don't see the Theme behind a single Cover Shot like this moving Braxas, Charos, and Nilfheim up all at once.

--
--
--

--
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I don't see the Theme behind a single Cover Shot like this moving Braxas, Charos, and Nilfheim up all at once.
Well, dragons are fliers, so they can't move up. But Krug, Tor-Kul-Na, and Shurrak could, for example. Doesn't bother me personally, but worth testing.
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
My other question still stands. I don't see any balance or even thematic reasons for it to not work on squad figures also. Is 45 points for a 1-dice attack to move your squad figures really better than just putting OMs on their card? I suppose Zettian Guards and Mezzodemons are exceptions, but does he really make those builds so much stronger? Am I missing some other crazy combo?
Interesting, I've never even considered it. It would help hero + squad builds without bonding (Cathar + Raymond, Mezzos + Morgoloth), and the point of this design, to me, was to help out Unique Heroes.

Quote:
It's much weaker than I expected, surprisingly. I thought about lowering his points to 40 a few times.

Quote:
Darn. By a strict reading of the card, I would have to say yes. I hadn't noticed that in testing, though I can't imagine it'd be too powerful. I'd rather attack with TKN plus bond with Nagrubs than move two other heroes.

Theracus and Brunak can use Carry during this movement, as well, though I tested those two pretty thoroughly.

Quote:
As far Trample Stomp goes, I imagine he could, and that's not great, but again, your OMs are much better off on Nagrubs or TKN than on Pavin. That said, I'm not sure how thematic it is for a power that represents Cover Fire to allow Huge (and maybe even Large) figures to move up safely. In other words, why not a Small, Medium, or Large restriction here? I don't see the Theme behind a single Cover Shot like this moving Braxas, Charos, and Nilfheim up all at once.
Good thing he can't move flying figures.

I would be fine with a small/medium/large restriction, if that is preferred by the judges and Inner Sanctum.

Last edited by Arch-vile; June 26th, 2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Whoops, Theracus is a flier.
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

to review as is. Yes, it's a bit of a theme break to not Cover Fire with squads but unique hero armies are fun and difficult to play and I think he adds something very cool to them.
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[QUOTE=Arch-vile;1835252]
Quote:

Theracus and Brunak can use Carry during this movement, as well, though I tested those two pretty thoroughly.
Theracus has flying so wouldn't he not be able to be moved by cover fire?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; June 26th, 2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Gah!!! messed up my quoting :(
Old June 26th, 2013, 05:46 PM

I'll go ahead and vote to review Pavin in his current form. With a few changes I'd happily vote the other way.

FWIW, I don't see how including Squads, Common Heroes, etc. in Cover Fire would make him less effective in all-Unique/Hero builds.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs