Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Scape-ish Relaunch?

They are printed mat sections. Sort of a mini Lexan mat that hooks together.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Those are Heroscape tiles. They're *all* Heroscape tiles, though the ones on the edge have little doodads linked on. I hadn't seen these pics before. . .

edit: Ahh, Grish's explanation makes sense. So there's actually very little terrain here, and the ruins look like that interlocking cardboard stuff. Makes sense, economically. Maybe the final production boxes will have more terrain than these will. Mark my words, if this game is popular, your collection of Heroscape terrain, dear reader, will jump in value. By a *lot*.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:17 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SO excited! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Well almost, it's not quite a Heroscape collection but a similar game I could definitely get into
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Close will be good enough for me.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wouldn't it be nifty if that base layer were made of neoprene (mousepad material)?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It looks like it is. . . Hey @Jim , could you merge all three of these threads, please? Kthxbye.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape spiritual successor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsenemy View Post
@MegaSilver Look closer at what the fire birds are standing on. Also, did you see the bases for the figures?
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
It looks like all the tiles are compatible when I zoom in. The little border bits are detachable it seems. Even if they aren't, you can make something akin to a cell membranes phospholipid bilayer if you place the end bits back to back so that they all become compatible. I may finally get to see a VC terrain release yet!
I'm aware that they match inside the terrain, but look at the outer edge of all the water tiles. They are shaped differently.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

They are definitely printed mat sections. Sort of a mini Lexan mat that hooks together.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:24 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Mark my words, if this game is popular, your collection of Heroscape terrain, dear reader, will jump in value. By a *lot*.
If that's the case, I hope it finally convinces them to make more of those types of terrain.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Titleless

You know, I honestly don't know what to make of this. I'm just not a fan of Magic the Gathering. The mere thought of taking story lines and elements of that CCC and somehow merging it with elements of the Heroscape rules kinda leaves me cold. It's not going to be the same game that's for sure. A strange sort of hybrid maybe. At least with D&D they placed that squarely into the Heroscape game. I could live with that. This is a different beast entirely. I'll wait and see before I get too bent out of shape excited over it.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Those are Heroscape tiles. They're *all* Heroscape tiles, though the ones on the edge have little doodads linked on. I hadn't seen these pics before. . .

edit: Ahh, Grish's explanation makes sense. So there's actually very little terrain here, and the ruins look like that interlocking cardboard stuff. Makes sense, economically. Maybe the final production boxes will have more terrain than these will. Mark my words, if this game is popular, your collection of Heroscape terrain, dear reader, will jump in value. By a *lot*.
You can also judge the size of the box it will come in by those hex mats. The box size does leave room for some figures and extra plastic tiles. Interesting choice of color going with the concrete grey.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion