Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 6th, 2011, 05:26 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wilderness Faction

From his perch high in a tree Mertos watched the goings on of the strange band. They were apparently all humans. As he watched another creature caught his eye. It was a large orange ish quadrapedled quadra-eyed creature with long canines. He sighed as far as birds can sigh, then leaped of the branch to the rescue. He hated those creatures with a vengeance unknown to many. He cannoned into it driving his long talons into two of it's eyes. Then quickly slashed open it's neck. The Eurasian eagle owl known as Mertos shifted his grip then carried his meal into the highest tree. Mertos stood 5 feet in height with a wing span of 10 feet. Talons a foot long each. He could here a mouse rustling a foot ball field away. He was the first creature from Earth to arrive in Valhalla. He had slipped through a worm hole by accident and landed here. He was the most feral hunter on this continent. He was the top of the food chain.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Thomas Keel unsteadily regained his feet. He now understood why the creatures of the forest made noise but stayed hidden. The creature had no sense of hearing, but that was made up for by a supernatural sense of sight. The animals didn't have to worry about keeping quiet, just not being seen.
At least that would've made sense if that massive bird hadn't plummeted from the sky and carried the creature off. The enormous owl must have excellent hearing as well as sight so the animals should have been quiet with it around.
Captain Keel banished the thoughts, his party had been separated and he didn't have time to dwell on such inconsequential matters. He should be more worried about that bird. It would have to be tough indeed to be able to tear into the flesh that his flintlock had been unable to even scratch.
He quickly reloaded his pistol and moved through the forest in search of the expedition party. He needed someone to be with, being alone in this godforsaken wood was certainly not an option.
After a few steps he stopped in horror. Apparently the creature was faster than Thomas had originally seen. It had been moments between the creature leaving him and the bird carrying it off, yet here, scattered across the forest, were six of his crewmates, bodies torn to shreds.
He quickly moved on, unable to stare into the eyes of his half devoured comrades. This place was more than godforsaken, it was the hunting grounds of Satan himself.
Old July 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Khan stood at the edge of the forest, watching his fellow crew members begin entering it's vast domain. Not sure what he was supposed to do, he started to make his way through the forest but didn't get far before he noticed a huge web stretching out across the trees before him. He drew his sword, looking for the owner, but before he could react it dropped on him from the trees above. What the-? He managed in shock before wrestling with the massive spider to try to get it off of him. Finally, he ripped out his dagger and slashed a deep cut down the spider's abdomen, forcing the dagger in up to the hildt. He then breathed ice cold air onto the spider's hairy fangs, where frost began to form as it died. Once he was confident that he had won he took his dagger out of the spider and moved on, leaving the body.
Old July 6th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Senshuken wanderd about on the island, trying to avoid getting to far from the beach and the others, but nonetheless wanted to explore. Keeping his sword ready, the samurai soon found a small cave and peeked in. Within, a low snarl rang about, as if something lay in wait for him to enter....

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 6th, 2011, 09:55 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lu Airou Your Boat Gently Down The Stream

Master Lu Airou sniffed the air. That smell was still persistently there gnawing its way across the island like some invisible beast. There had been some shrieking and squawking as the local fauna ate other local fauna. Lu Airou knew that most creatures were only dangerous if provoked however you had to keep an eye out for the ones that saw you as a snack.

The rest of the crew was following Tandros except for a few stragglers. Lu Airou thought for a brief time and then followed in the rear. Normally one would not put an old man in the rear of an adventuring party, they would put him at some old inn to dispense advice or some crossroads to provide riddles. Unless of course the man was a wizard who could melt your sword with his mind. Then you typically put those guys in your adventuring parties. Lu Airou was not a wizard and the only thing he could melt with his mind was ice cream with a little help from the sun but still take up the rear he did. Most viewing this would see it as a brave act as that way he would ensure that the stronger healthier warriors would be able to strike anything that attacked from the rear while it was busy turning the old man into dinner.

Lu Airou did not think of these things. He thought of good smells like the breeze over the ocean, a crackling fire, fresh fruit, and the best smell of them all a cup of freshly brewed tea. He wasn't sure what the others were thinking but he was taking time to observe the beautiful natural scenery around them. It would provide him with a sense of enjoyment of the beauty surrounding him and also allow him to remember which way they had come. However he was not ready to commit to any action. Lu Airou was a patient man. If need be he would wait for a rock to bleed. If that failed he would pour ketchup on it and then call it good. But he would wait. Waiting was something he was good at.
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Vern awoke groggily. He looked at the sun. Less than a half-hour had passed. he got to his feet unsteadily, looking around. He spied a couple of fruit trees and stumbled over to them. He began to eat slowly, giving his shrunken stomach time to re-inflate..

When he was full, he forced himself to his feet and walked slowly after the trail of the party, his head down and his feet dragging. They can't be that far off. The thought forced itself into the murky workings of his tired brain. They can't... be that far...away...

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old July 6th, 2011, 10:31 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

After getting bored of chasing my tail I decide that it's time for an afternoon nap. After taking my afternoon nap which I never actually took because I'm not a cat I decide to do a bit of my own exploring. I check the wind and notice first that it is blowing on our backs and second that it carries the odor of sicklyness with it, almost as if some creature were dying. It worries me. I don't like death it doesn't sound fun. nope. no more chasing your tail. No more pissing on rude people's boots. No more begging or playing. It didn't sound particularly attractive but the group was moving on. We will have to make camp soon for it was getting dark. I wasn't tired though. I moved with the rest. I noticed however that after a few miles it was growing steadily fainter, but that I could still smell it. That meant that whatever it is is following us. I decide to scout it out. I give a short bark, turn my tail, and dash of in the other direction.

I met with little trouble on the way. The most was a 4 eyed rabbit that scared the bejevees out of me. After a little while I saw someone shambling along as if it were a zombie. I move around behind him, and steal up carefully. He takes no apparent notice of me as I sniff him. Then I run of into the woods. Later after a few moments I find a fruit tree. I grab two in my mouth and run back to him putting it on the ground at his feet. I run off and come back with two more. Eventually I've got a little pile there. It's only little because after a few bites he began shoveling it in. The water and sugars within the fruit seemed to rejuvinate him, and earned me a few pets. Then I left him again and found a small brook. I returned and beckoned him to follow me. He did so and drank heartily from the stream. Then I led him after the group. It was getting dark and I didn't want to get stuck out here at night without some of those big warriors around me.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Recount by Mertos:

It happened in the Darkness of that one night. I was hunting alone as I always did. I spotted a blue mouse. It was an odd sight for me. I decided with my then stupid mind to taste it. I pounced, but there was no mouse in talons any longer. There was just a pool of brackish water at my feet. I saw my quarry scampering of into the low grasses of the field. I spread my massive wings to give pursuit, but something held me where I was. I looked down to see black hands clasping my feet now dragging me into the now swirling black water. I fought with all my might, but I was dragged under.
For a long time my world was black as that fateful midnight in October. During the night that had fallen over my body my mind convulsed and then expanded. I could then understand more than any owl had ever been meant to understand. I gained the wisdom of a million. I lost my name. I now call myself Mertos. In the tongue of my people it means "the one who has died and been reborn in a greater light."
When I awoke I noticed first that I was sitting in a high tree, perched on a strong limb. The next thing I noticed was that My body had grown larger and my talons had tripled in size. My instincts had changed too. I now new how to hunt in a different kind of Biom, where beasts were deformed yet formidable. Yet they were mine for the taking.
I came to call this place my home. I explored its farthest reaches. None could stand against me so I claimed it as mine own.
Then one day strangers arrived, and polluted the crisp pure air with hateful smog. My forest is littered with their bodies because they know not how to hide. My Kingly side is furious, but the wisdom I somehow inherited from I know not where made me stop and think.
Now I sit on my high perch in the same place where I first perched all those 10 years ago. I think about what is to be done. I understand their motives. Exploration obviously. I am sure they are as terrified to be here as I am discomforted at their presence. I discover that it is mostly because I know not what they want. Also because I fear they seek to bring their war here. I will not allow that. Maybe at some point I will make contact, but for now I will keep a watchful eye.

Mertos leaped off his perch and coasted down through the night sky. A slight tussle in the underbrush and a large Batu similar to the one that attacked Thomas Keel was brought down. He shifted his grip and carried it off into the night sky. Swiveling expertly he coasted across their camp like a ghost, dumped the Batu in the middle of their camp for them to eat, and was gone before the sentries had gotten over their surprise or a good look at him. He gave a few powerful strokes and returned to his tree.

Old July 7th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

Kit felt rather discouraged. He had searched most of the island with his telescope at dusk, but could find no sign of a vampire. He could not think of any other sensible course of action than that of joining the group here. He could assume that they were doing something approved by Einar, as they seemed to be led by one of his champions. He made up his mind. He decided to reveal himself that night, and so check the competency of their sentries at the same time.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old July 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

At last Thomas found what he had been searching for. Dusk was falling and he could just make out the newly lit fire. I made his way towards the source when he was stopped by a figure stepping in his path from behind a tree. He couldn't quite make out the face of the person, he hoped that the effect worked for him as well.
The sentry raised a musket and spoke to the captain, "Who are you and why are you here?"
Thomas closed his eyes and swore in his head when he heard the British accent. Out of all possible sentries he had to be of the British Royal Army. "I have papers," was all Thomas said.
The sentry reached out his hand and Thomas reached into his vest. This time he swore out loud when he realized that he had left the forged papers on his ship.
The sentry lowered his hand and hoisted his gun up again. "Well?"
"I seem to have left them on the boat," Thomas tried.
"Too bad, you're coming with me." The sentry seized his arm and forcibly led him to the camp. As they moved closer to the camp, the fire illuminated Thomas's face even more and the sentry took a step back in surprise upon recognition of that face. Surprise turned to anger and the sentry pulled out a pair of manacles which were immediately clasped on the captain's wrists.
Thomas rolled his eyes and swore to himself again. What brilliant luck! Not only was the sentry British, but he had just happened to have a set of manacles on him. He was led to the camp. His appearance was going to be a whole lot more noisy now.
Old July 8th, 2011, 03:06 PM

I raze my head to take notice of the newcomer. It had been 3 hours since vern and I had stumbled into the camp, bone weary and famished. The newcomer was shackled in irons and wearing a look of someone verging on despair.
Humans are such strange creatures. They bind their own in Earth without so much as getting to know them or asking them what they have been through. I didn't feel like I could totally trust this stranger but I didn't feel like he should be clasped in irons. It just didn't make sense. He had come willingly into the camp, and I highly doubted that he would attempt to get away. Hence the manacles were unnecessary.
I trot over to the Airhou guy or whatever his name is. I enjoy his company. He seems like an intelligent and patient guy. I like that. I wimper and indicate the prisoner. My eyes and body language intentionally indicate this statement; "Why would he come to leave? Aren't the shackles unnecessary?
I go right up to him and sniff his ankles. Deciding that I like him I jump up and lick his face. Yes we are going to get along nicely he and I.

Old July 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
O Captain My Captain

Master Lu Airou was enjoying another cup of tea. Tea was a break from pointless war. One could never get enough. He saw a man be brought into the camp. He looked at the man. Something wasn't right about him. Lu Airou took a deep breath. The strange smell wasn't the man. Why he had been chained and manacled though escaped him. Figuring he would let that thought get away he approached the man and his captor.

"Why is this man in chains? What has he done to deserve this? I thought we were attempting to stop Utgarian forces not arrest whoever charges into this camp unannounced."

He stood there awaiting an answer from the sentry. Despite being in appearance a frail old man Lu Airou had a presence about him that made it seem as though he could snap his fingers and a dragon would appear out of nowhere swoop down and gobble you up and it was this sort of presence he hoped would get an answer from the guard.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction