Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 7th, 2022, 12:14 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

For the love of Jandar, is there ANY marketing event planned for this week that could create a big final push?!? 🚬💨🔥
Old November 7th, 2022, 12:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
For the love of Jandar, is there ANY marketing event planned for this week that could create a big final push?!? 🚬💨🔥
My gut says yes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 7th, 2022, 12:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
I'm thinking probably and we can all do our part as well. Not sure how many new folks any of us can convince at this point, but we need to get those who haven't pledged simply because they don't think the campaign will fund. They have the $$ to spend, they want the campaign to succeed, but they're not pulling the trigger simply because things look bleak (self fulfilling prophecy anyone?).

I don't know how many there are, but I'm sure it's not insignificant.

I'm also sure there are some holding back their pledge until the last day to be part of 'the great comeback.' I don't necessarily think anyone is actually having that exact thought, but there are those who are waiting till the last day, just because that's what they do (I've been guilty of this myself).

We need all the momentum we can get. A big shot in the arm now, from the folks who fall into the categories above, could go a long way.

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2022, 08:46 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’m not a gambling man, but putting money on Vanguard Edition not being produced if there are not 8000 backers on Nov. 15 seems like safe money.

It’s been stated multiple times by multiple people. And they’ve already said it’s expensive to produce at only 8000 units, so it only gets more expensive at less units.

Doesn’t mean Heroscape may not live on in another offering later, but if this Haslab is short on Nov. 15, I don’t see an extension or moving the goal posts to force it to succeed being a possible outcome.
Old November 7th, 2022, 09:10 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

They definitely won't change things and say they will produce the game for those that did back. The campaign clearly states if the goal isn't reached you with NOT be charged. Can't suddenly change that. It's possible they try again, or come out with a different iteration, but this particular campaign will be DoA if it doesn't reach 8K

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2022, 03:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Might be interesting to have a poll asking how many people haven't backed it but would if they thought it was going to be successful. I'm skeptical that many people are deciding solely on that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2022, 03:44 PM

There’s a psychological side to crowdfunding. Some don’t want to be part of a ‘loser.’ I’ve definitely skipped past projects I was interested in because the funding goal was lagging far behind. Are the numbers huge? Probably not, but I don’t think they’re super small either

-insert signature here-
Old November 7th, 2022, 04:23 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

If there's a poll I think the best questions are the ones where the answers help the company, and I think that means the results aren't public, and also in that case the key questions are:

1. would you back a $100 / $125 with THIS SPECIFIC STUFF
2. should we extend the deadline until THIS SPECIFIC DATE

I believe "painted option for X dollars more" is a moot issue, otherwise that would be the number one question obviously.

I'm convinced this could have succeeded, and won't as is, which really bums me out.
Old November 7th, 2022, 04:33 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not sure what productive outcome that poll would have. It wouldnt change what is already set in stone and advertised so... lol
Old November 7th, 2022, 04:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Not sure what productive outcome that poll would have. It wouldnt change what is already set in stone and advertised so... lol
The one I was suggesting would only be to identify folks who only weren't backing because they didn't think it was going to make it, in which case if there were enough of them, it might convince some folks to bite the bullet.

I agree that polling structural changes when they clearly have no interest in making them is more rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2022, 04:45 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I think a poll would be interesting. It's typically easier to do market research with existing customers or backers because you have contact information to run a survey. It can be tougher to reach people who decided not to support your product offering and learn why. Whether or not the data would be helpful or get used by Avalon Hill is another story. They did say they are lurking on fan sites to gather feedback. Worth a shot in my opinion.
Old November 7th, 2022, 06:35 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’m certainly hopeful we get activity/news from the team this week. Their community involvement is crucial

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion