Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 28th, 2012, 01:50 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: The Legacy Committee

For his initial pricing, as I understand it, CornPuff began with the main Power Rankings maintained by spider_poison and Jexik, and crunched numbers from there.

But of course, they don't include the C3V/SoV units. Nor the impact that those new units have for changing the rankings of some older units. (Omegacron boosting the previously-awful Repulsors, for example, .)

dok's modified Power Rankings account for both, though. So it might be worthwhile starting there, for assigning points to C3V/SoV units and modifying the older units whose synergy with the new changes their value.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
But of course, they don't include the C3V/SoV units. Nor the impact that those new units have for changing the rankings of some older units. ........
C3V/SoV if they have an impact on the value of the orignial units.... then maybe someone should be looking at the point values of C3V / SoV point costs and change them. The original figures as HS released them has to be the bench mark (not the other way around that would be foolish).

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
But of course, they don't include the C3V/SoV units. Nor the impact that those new units have for changing the rankings of some older units. ........
C3V/SoV if they have an impact on the value of the orignial units.... then maybe someone should be looking at the point values of C3V / SoV point costs and change them. The original figures as HS released them has to be the bench mark (not the other way around that would be foolish).
OK, I do not understand your statement Codeman.

Now, maybe you are not familiar with SoV/C3V, but our testing is based on the Original figures as a benchmark, but some of the SoV/C3V figures do change the metagame, thus changing the Power Rankings of original figures. That is what happens when new designs are entered into the game. From what I read from you post, you are saying the Power ranking should never change...but that is impossible when you introduce new elements. The game changes, adapts to the new units in question.

Do you believe the "Power Rankings" did not change when the D&D waves were introduced, or how about when the Capuans were introduced to help out Spartacus? As new units are introduced, the metagame changes...so of course if you include SoV/C3V units into your games, the metagame will change...it is inevitable.

I am not saying you have to include SoV/C3V (although, I for one would like to see what Legacy can do with them)...but if you do...you cannot take the stand, that SoV/C3V should not influence rankings of other units...especially since some SoV/C3V units were designed to help out less used Heroscape Original Units.

Good luck to you guys, as I see how Legacy can help make a new interesting metagame and would be a great addition as a play-style.

-ZB

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions