Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 31st, 2022, 01:48 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The campaign has very much had the vibe of building an airplane on the way down, for whatever reason.
I feel like that's what Haslabs do. Instead of showcasing more stretch goals down the line, they instead update their page with what should've been there day one to get people to give it another look. The current transformer Haslab figure doesn't even have it's paint job shown yet.

Has anyone been to a Ghost Rider forum or something to get a general vibe of people's opinions on that campaign, or if there's been Hasbro people messaging them on updates to try to get more people to back at all?

At least this campaign doesn't feel like it's been really given up on yet, unlike the Ghost Rider figure, which I believe people backed out in droves after they didn't make the early bird and said why bother, it costs too much now. Adding even higher stretch goals at that just seemed out of touch to it's current standings lol.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 31st, 2022, 02:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The campaign has very much had the vibe of building an airplane on the way down, for whatever reason.
Weirder things have happened.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 31st, 2022, 02:18 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow, this is brilliant. So the plane is the Haslab. Bond is Avalon Hill. The soldiers would be the backers and fans. At first firing on Bond but as they see what’s developing they can only look on in astonishment and wonder.

It’s also about as realistic, but man if they can pull it out like this it would be something incredible.
Old October 31st, 2022, 02:29 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

And that upswing just as the plane is about the plunge into the ground is going to come in the form of 1000 or so backers, of the however many there are, pledging 2-3 sets more each to save the day

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 31st, 2022 at 02:32 PM. Reason: I'm sticking with my prediction that if we're at 5K with a week to go, we'll make it because of those crazy 1000
Old October 31st, 2022, 04:48 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone keeping track of the transformers haslab? i’d be interested to see the stats on that campaign too.
Old October 31st, 2022, 05:59 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

I think the Hell Engine is DEAD 7 hours to go and only half way to what was needed. It was too much for too little and it shows, But what I couldn't figure out is how they got so many people to back the G.I.Joe Hiss tank and Sky Striker when Vintage ones are available for $40.00 each vs $300.00 for the Haslab ones? I have tried commenting on every heroscape youtube post about this out there to help but even I don't think we are going to make goal and that sucks!! We might also be seeing the backlash of The Wizards of The Coast 30th anniversary MTG mess.

ALL ARE ONE
Old October 31st, 2022, 06:35 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe it was before my time, but I genuinely know no one that even cares about GI Joe. I definitely get that it’s a bigger brand, I just didn’t realize how many diehards were out there.
Old October 31st, 2022, 06:45 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Has anyone been to a Ghost Rider forum or something to get a general vibe of people's opinions on that campaign, or if there's been Hasbro people messaging them on updates to try to get more people to back at all?

At least this campaign doesn't feel like it's been really given up on yet, unlike the Ghost Rider figure, which I believe people backed out in droves after they didn't make the early bird and said why bother, it costs too much now. Adding even higher stretch goals at that just seemed out of touch to it's current standings lol.
With the caveat that I'm not an action figure collector (and thus not really plugged in to where they might congregate), if you look at the Marvel Legends subreddit, you'll find a ton of people actively rooting for the Engine of Vengeance to fail, under the auspices that its success would encourage Hasbro to release more overpriced Haslabs/figures. Say whatever you will about the Heroscape Haslab campaign, but almost everyone I've seen discussing the campaign at the very least wants it to succeed (Facebook might be an exception, but I generally don't visit there anyway, so I wouldn't know). That's significantly more than I can say for the Engine of Vengeance Haslab.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old October 31st, 2022, 11:00 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-IVD View Post
I think the Hell Engine is DEAD 7 hours to go and only half way to what was needed. It was too much for too little and it shows, But what I couldn't figure out is how they got so many people to back the G.I.Joe Hiss tank and Sky Striker when Vintage ones are available for $40.00 each vs $300.00 for the Haslab ones? I have tried commenting on every heroscape youtube post about this out there to help but even I don't think we are going to make goal and that sucks!! We might also be seeing the backlash of The Wizards of The Coast 30th anniversary MTG mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Maybe it was before my time, but I genuinely know no one that even cares about GI Joe. I definitely get that it’s a bigger brand, I just didn’t realize how many diehards were out there.
I'm in for two HISS tanks. They are for 6" scale figures, so its much bigger than the vintage one for the 3 3/4" figs. Its also the first big vehicle for the 6" GI Joes, the Skystriker was for the 3 3/4" line.

I'm not the biggest GI Joe fan, but I liked it when I was a kid and really enjoyed the NES games. The 6" GI Joe figures are just fantastic figures though, so I had to start collecting them. I had been into Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black series, and the GI Joes are much better figures. Since they don't pay licensing fees (Hasbro created GI Joe) they are able to put much more money into the figures. It shows with added sculpting, paint detail, accessories, and articulation. They are just a joy to have and I was excited to be able to get a big vehicle for them.

And yeah, the Ghost Rider car isn't going to make it. Now it needs 4000 backers in less than an hour. That sucks because I am a backer for that too, but I wouldn't have been happy if it made it into production without the extra stretch goal figures.

Edit: Ghost rider just failed. Maybe that will help HeroScape a little, some of those backers might switch over. I have room in my budget for another set now.

Edit 2: The Rancor got a big ramp up before the close of the campaign, the curve was steep enough that it would have funded in less than an hour if they had kept it open. The Ghost Rider, not so much. It only gained 100 backers all day today and I actually saw the counter go down at one point in the last 24 hours.

Last edited by Hogg; November 1st, 2022 at 01:46 AM.
Old November 1st, 2022, 02:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Do more Haslab offerings fail than succeed? They sure don't seem to know what they are doing. I have no interest in their toys, but I've only ever been involved in one regular board game crowdfunder that failed out of the dozen or so I've backed, about half of which were in a similar price range, and it was immediately relaunched on a different platform and succeeded.

Before AOA, I'd never even heard of Haslab.
Old November 1st, 2022, 10:00 AM

I had never heard of haslab either even though I was aware there was a new heroquest coming out. Their last 3 projects have failed, which, if I’m not mistaken has never happened since they started doing haslab campaigns.
Old November 1st, 2022, 10:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've seen a number of posts on youtube that Hasbro is failing in its figure producing area. Its hard to imagine such a large conglomerate failing in general, but it certainly seems that Hasbro has been singled out lately more than usual, at least in this aspect.

Meanwhile Craig has designing a new Risk game for them: Risk Shadow Forces--a distopian future Legacy game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion